SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-10, 06:07 PM   #1
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Default [REL]Wolves of the Kaiser 1914-1918 Preview

I have uploaded a preview of the main menu movie and images that I'm planning on using for the Wolves of the Kaiser WWI mod. This preview features a large selection of WWI submarine-related images, as well as a background movie that shows the Lusitania sinking. The main purpose is to change the overall ambience of stock SH4 so that it is more WWI-appropriate.

Some users may find certain scenes disturbing; I did not intend to make any political statement re: the morality of Germany, Britain, or submarine warfare.

Simply extract it to JSGME and install as you would any other mod. Feel free to post comments on this or the main WOTK thread.

I am also thinking about doing a similar intro theme for Atlantic themed mods like OP Monsun; IMO the default Pacific theatre graphics are extremely distracting when you're trying to play an Atlantic campaign.

http://www.filefront.com/15552405/Wo...aiser_Intro.7z
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 10:54 AM   #2
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Well this looks interesting.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 01:04 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I will load this up tonight! It will look less depressing to me, even if slightly less appropriate, than Dowly's Pearl Harbor menu screens when doing my Pacific campaign!

I want to encourage you to make new menu graphics for OP Monsoon too. These really set the mood for WWI German boats. Great job!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 02:21 PM   #4
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
I will load this up tonight! It will look less depressing to me, even if slightly less appropriate, than Dowly's Pearl Harbor menu screens when doing my Pacific campaign!

I want to encourage you to make new menu graphics for OP Monsoon too. These really set the mood for WWI German boats. Great job!
Do you have the link to Dowly's Pearl Harbor menu screens?
Old 09-05-13, 03:24 PM   #5
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Sure! I uploaded it to Subsim download section in 2009. Hold on a second here.........it's around here somewhere........yeah!! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1190

You get to see what wet behind the ears recruits saw after they boarded their subs in Groton, sweated out the U-Boat infested Atlantic, passed through the Panama Canal and then crossed the Pacific to find.........

You can appreciate that these men were thoroughly motivated in ten seconds after entering Pearl. It's been my privilege to hear three separate first-hand accounts of that moment and they all are guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes.
Old 09-05-13, 05:51 PM   #6
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Thanks mate. I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to download it as my computer decided to wipe its memory yesterday and I have to redownload every mod I had installed for SH4.
Old 09-05-13, 07:08 PM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Looking forward to watching this : )

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-13, 08:58 AM   #8
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

The OP was from 2010 and is bumped 3 years later?

Sure the other thread about this mod that IABL keeps updated has more recent info
Old 09-06-13, 12:09 PM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

But you can understand that Admiral Halsey was chasing something he could actually download and found it here! Of course he called attention to it and I agree it was appropriate because I didn't see anything about downloading this historical artifact in the other thread. It would take the Google site:subsim search from hell to find it in the other thread.

But here it is! And he didn't have to interrupt IABL in his other thread to derail the conversation. Two threads about a promising mod are better than one anyway!

I'd ask Admiral Halsey if he has anything to add but he's somewhere north of here looking for Japanese flattops. Our back door is unguarded but before he left he assured me that we are virtually safe from attack...
Old 09-06-13, 12:25 PM   #10
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

That near run off Samar is something that never would have happened if I was Halsey in RL. I would have transferred my flag from the New Jersey to one of the carriers(Most likely the Enterprise.) and would have left the BBs behind.(Which is what Halsey should have done anyways.)
Old 09-06-13, 03:21 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
That near run off Samar is something that never would have happened if I was Halsey in RL. I would have transferred my flag from the New Jersey to one of the carriers(Most likely the Enterprise.) and would have left the BBs behind.(Which is what Halsey should have done anyways.)
Old 09-07-13, 06:28 PM   #12
c13Garrison
Ensign

Downloads: 14

Iamb (not to be confused with Lamb), is that panel 1 shot a picture of the Erin sinking? I've never seen that, but it would have to be my guess.
c13Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 10:23 PM   #13
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c13Garrison View Post
Iamb (not to be confused with Lamb), is that panel 1 shot a picture of the Erin sinking? I've never seen that, but it would have to be my guess.
HMS "Audacious", which sank in 1914 after hitting a mine. HMS "Erin" survived the war.
Old 05-31-15, 10:33 PM   #14
Cathy Howat
Sea Warrior

Downloads: 13
Default I REALLY want THIS!

I really do want this I have the STEAM SH4 U-Boat Missions, I can hardly wait for this. It would be good if a later expansion included British Sub ops-thinking offhand of the E- Class in the Dardenelles
Cathy Howat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-15, 07:57 AM   #15
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Howat View Post
I really do want this I have the STEAM SH4 U-Boat Missions, I can hardly wait for this. It would be good if a later expansion included British Sub ops-thinking offhand of the E- Class in the Dardenelles
I'd love that too...with all things, it's a matter of time (and how many volunteers can help me). You will see E-Class submarines in the initial release as non-playable enemy subs equipped with working torpedoes.