SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-12, 01:51 PM   #11
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone.

Well, its been a long time, over 2 years in fact, sine I last played SH3 and I've decided to come back to it after suffering SH5 for a few months.

I have previously used GWX and WAC but this time I would like to try out NYGM. Would one of you kindly check the procedure I followed as I'm having a few concerns with the install routine? Cheers.

1 - A couple of days ago I did a fresh install of SH3 then installed the EMEA 1.4b patch. I then launched the game once to get the SH3 folder created in the My Documents directory.

2 - JSGME was then added with a MODS folder created in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII

3 - I downloaded all the required files from here: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/ and extracted them into separate directories.

4 - In JSGME I added the folders in this order:

EDIT -- EDIT -- EDIT -- EDIT

After listing my previous JSGME mod list I have now changed it to the following:

a - NYGM Tonnage War 2.5 - Stand Alone Version
b - NYGM3_New
c - NYGM3_6A
d - Merchant Fleet Mod 3.2 (Full download)
e - 3rd Flotilla Mod (From NYGM3_6A)
f - NYGM HiRes Submarines
g - MaGui F
h - MaGui F FIX for NYGM3.4
i - optional-stopwatch with speed lines for MaGui F
j - Restore Gods Eye View
k - Harbour Traffic Add-In From NYGM3_6A

There were several overwrite warnings but I assume it was OK to proceed?

So far, so good (hopefully).

When it comes to the last step of "Stiebler3A_V16B1_Addon" I'm at a bit of a loss with this. Guess my IT skills are wearing off. Give me a bit of time on that one.

EDIT -- EDIT -- EDIT -- EDIT

Regarding the Stiebler mod, I think I have done this right and ran the patch.bat file on the original SH3.exe file. It said it was successful so fingers crossed.

I have also downloaded the full Merchant Fleet Mod 3.2 and the MFM v3 Skin Packs (361mb & 624mb respectively). Where in the JSGME list should I add those? I wanted to double check as I'm sure I misread the original instructions. EDIT -- As the Merchant Fleet Mod appears to be OK as listed above, can I add the Skin Packs at the end of the JSGME list (at the bottom of the above?)

SH3 Commander was also installed and the NYGM specific files have been added to the install and I can successfully launch SH3 with it.

Just a couple of other in-game related questions -

Firstly, when I go to launch a new mission (clicking on the map board) it tells me there are 'too many crew, go to barracks'. When I open the crew screen I often see 'Sailors 29/25' so I have to ditch 4 crew before continuing, is that normal? EDIT -- This 'may' be related to me having selected 'Realistic Crew' instead of 'Already in SH3'. After changing it to the latter I didn't get that message.

Secondly, how do you keep the sub level in a periscope attack? In GWX, setting the speed to ahead slow (2kts) would allow for a quiet approach and the sub would not get any lower in the water. With NYGM this doesn't seem to work and in an attack last night I had to travel at 5kts just to maintain the correct depth, but no doubt the noise told everyone I was there - soon realised when several destroyers came at me. Any advice? EDIT -- I tried another career and this time I was able to cruise at 2kts at 13m periscope depth. Was it a one-off or a normal occurence?

EDIT -- One last query. The periscopes keep lowering themselves. Both the attack and observation scopes kept retracting and the only way to keep them raised was to hold down the Page Up or Insert buttons. Anyone else seen this?

Cheers guys, sorry for the long post but I just want to ensure I have NYGM installed correctly before carrying on.

Thanks again!

Px3000

Last edited by Phoenix3000; 05-02-12 at 06:57 PM.
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull