SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-07, 09:45 AM   #61
Souleech
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCox
That's a prob I know. Until now we could not figure a way to turn of the music when you get the news...One solution might be to drop all the Music files in to the Gramophone and just leave the news files on the radio...gonna fiddle with it today.
Thanks. You`re a plus to the community
Souleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 01:29 PM   #62
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

Hmmm, tried some different scripts and stuff and NADA!...for now I will just drop the Music in the "Gramophone" and leave the "NEWS" files in the Radio. At least you can switch off the Gramophone when you hear the news coming on.

You can do this manually by first creating a file called "Gramophone" in the "Sound" folder in the "Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod" and then copy pasting the mp3 files from:

Data/Sound/Radio/CBS NEWS

to

Data/Sound/Gramophone (the one you just created)

Don't forget to delete the mp3's in the "CBS NEWS" folder after you copied and pasted the stuff.

I will tinker with this on and off, could also be that we will see a fix for this in patch 1.2...lets hope so.
Old 03-31-07, 02:27 PM   #63
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13

The random music overlapping while playing scripted news events should get resolved in a future patch Or so a little birdie told me.
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 04:23 PM   #64
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

WOW u seem pretty connected :p let me on on the news man!
Old 04-01-07, 11:41 AM   #65
DirtyHarry3033
Weps

This probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but...

I'd really like to use the CBS News mod, but problem is, both my radio and gramophone are MIA. When I first installed SH4 and the 1.1 patch, both worked. But now when I click the icons, nothing No radio interface, no gramophone interface. So I can't use the mod.

Anybody here have a clue how I can get 'em back? Only mods I've put on are the 360 degree bearing plotter and the green toolbar icons. Also made a few new key bindings in Commands.cfg for use with Shoot! Voice Recog program. Don't think any of that would have messed up radio and gramophone.

Thanks for any help!

DH
DirtyHarry3033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 03:54 PM   #66
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Really a great radio station, but I've got a problem while using RFB 1.12 at the same time. Starting a campaign early (Dec 1st, 1941) and tuning in works well until Dec 8th. In the evening of the day (close to midnight) SH4 crashes to desktop. It doesn't crash if I simply leave the radio off and/or tune in to another station.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 04:23 PM   #67
Redfox_77
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default cool stuff

i must say all these mods getting released for sh4 sure makes the game that more fun seems peeps like ya self are the reason so i must say keep up the good work im impressed with the skill involved please excuse my spelling and keep up the good work
Redfox_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 07:10 AM   #68
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaird
This is a fantastic mod - great immersion!

Quick question - I seem to be getting two tracks playing simultaneously - e.g., a variety piece and an unrelated music piece, or two news items playing at once.

Is this on purpose, because of the difficulty in tuning in far away radio stations? Or maybe from time compression?
This is from the file Radio_track.wav above the events folder.

I suggest changing it by copying the Gramophone noise.wav in the \data\sound directory and pasting it there and then renaming it to Radio_track.wav. It's just loud enough to hear the static to know you've tuned something in and have the radio on, but it won't be so loud that you can hear it during broadcasts.
Hi there, new around here and would appreciate some help. First let me say, great mod really adds to the immersion, but i'm having the same problem as Rykaird. I tried searching for the Radio_track.wav file like tedhealy suggested but cannot find it, eaven did a search of my whole hd to no avail.

P.S. running SH4 with the 1.2 patch, any help would be most appreciated
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 10:26 AM   #69
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q3ark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaird
This is a fantastic mod - great immersion!

Quick question - I seem to be getting two tracks playing simultaneously - e.g., a variety piece and an unrelated music piece, or two news items playing at once.

Is this on purpose, because of the difficulty in tuning in far away radio stations? Or maybe from time compression?
This is from the file Radio_track.wav above the events folder.

I suggest changing it by copying the Gramophone noise.wav in the \data\sound directory and pasting it there and then renaming it to Radio_track.wav. It's just loud enough to hear the static to know you've tuned something in and have the radio on, but it won't be so loud that you can hear it during broadcasts.
Hi there, new around here and would appreciate some help. First let me say, great mod really adds to the immersion, but i'm having the same problem as Rykaird. I tried searching for the Radio_track.wav file like tedhealy suggested but cannot find it, eaven did a search of my whole hd to no avail.

P.S. running SH4 with the 1.2 patch, any help would be most appreciated
Patch 1.2 introduced a fix. Add

;MusicVolumeOnNews takes values from 0.01 to 1
MusicVolumeOnNews=0.01

to your [CHANNEL] entry in your radio.ini.

[CHANNEL]
Name=xxxx
Folder=xxx
Freq=xxx
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:41.00,-76.00:100000
;MusicVolumeOnNews takes values from 0.01 to 1
MusicVolumeOnNews=0.01
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 11:16 AM   #70
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Cheers "tedhealy" been to busy at work this week to even start looking at this. You made it so much simpler now
Old 04-21-07, 04:32 AM   #71
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Thanks for the pointer. Was looking at that last night but didn't have time to check it out. I guess great minds do think alike
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 11:08 PM   #72
R3D
Gunner

Downloads: 88

this mod seems to force My game into a CTD when the mailla attack broadcast air's, happens repeatedly.
R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 01:47 AM   #73
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Amazing! Now We can have news broadcast that previously were presented just as short abstarcts in the web! I'am hungry for every additions for this mod!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 07:21 PM   #74
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3D
this mod seems to force My game into a CTD when the mailla attack broadcast air's, happens repeatedly.
Seem to have had it a couple times as well. Patrolling off Luzon from Dec 5th, 1941 and really want to listen to it.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 08:16 PM   #75
CDR Resser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 65
Default CTD off Luzon

I have had the same issue with a crash to desktop during a patrol off Luzon on Dec 8, 41. It was a shame really. I had just torpedoed a fine freighter.
CDR Resser is offline   Reply With Quote