Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-16, 07:29 AM   #2101
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benemii View Post
Hey guys! I'm new here so sorry if im not up to par with everything that's been goin on lately. But anyway im having a weird bug with The Wolves of Steel megamod(I didnt add any extra mods) where.. Well.. Here,its better if i just show you.

Anyone got any advice? And sorry if this isn't the right section to post this in!
Oh and i would like to mention that i did everything by the book. No miss steps no botching anything up. I even made sure my Silent Hunter 5 copy was in the default installation location and everything. Multiple uninstalls and re-installs,nothing worked.
Show us one screenshot of jour JSGME...Does it look something like this?

Last edited by vdr1981; 08-26-16 at 08:01 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 02:02 PM   #2102
Kapizi
Seaman

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hey guys! I'm new here so sorry if im not up to par with everything that's been goin on lately. But anyway im having a weird bug with The Wolves of Steel megamod(I didnt add any extra mods) where.. Well.. Here,its better if i just show you.

Anyone got any advice? And sorry if this isn't the right section to post this in!
Oh and i would like to mention that i did everything by the book. No miss steps no botching anything up. I even made sure my Silent Hunter 5 copy was in the default installation location and everything. Multiple uninstalls and re-installs,nothing worked.
I had the same exact problem and with a little of patience i discoverd that is tha New UIs TDC that does it, no solution for it (that i found))
Old 08-26-16, 02:28 PM   #2103
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Benemii
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 02:37 PM   #2104
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapizi View Post
I had the same exact problem and with a little of patience i discoverd that is tha New UIs TDC that does it, no solution for it (that i found))
Hehe, I wouldn't bet on that one...The user does it, not the mod it self...

To be honest, I will never really understand why simple and straight forward application, like JSGME is, posses such "enigma" for some newcomers...
Old 08-26-16, 05:05 PM   #2105
Kapizi
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hehe, I wouldn't bet on that one...The user does it, not the mod it self...

To be honest, I will never really understand why simple and straight forward application, like JSGME is, posses such "enigma" for some newcomers...
U can bet it is, after a long time enabling mods one by one thats the one that gave problems (New UIs TDC by TheDarkWraight), but only after a certain update, on my machine it was about New UIs 6.3.x after i would get wierd screen blacks and UIs that dont work.

And JSGME is a awesome tool, and it works on other games too, use it in C&C Generals Zero Hour and its perfect, no more 10 copies for 9 mods and a backup.

Last edited by Kapizi; 08-26-16 at 05:14 PM.
Kapizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 07:45 PM   #2106
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Nothing weird that i can see. I've gotta admit,ive never used JSGME for a sub game before.
JSGME looks OK...

How about to disable all mods except 1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 and then see what will happen?

What is your screen resolution?
Old 08-26-16, 09:54 PM   #2107
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Benemii!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 06:14 AM   #2108
Kapizi
Seaman

Disable evertthing and enable a old version od the TDW New UIs TDC (version 3.0.0 will be the easy to find) and tell us of u still got the problem.
Old 08-27-16, 08:41 AM   #2109
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome btw.
Are you sure that your game is oficially patched to v1.2.0 ?
Old 08-27-16, 01:18 PM   #2110
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Your problem has to do with your screen resolution.

I have a 1280x1024 screen. I had that problem when I put the 8.5 patch in without changing the resolution in the game to 5.4.

Then I downsampled my screen to 1280x960 and put the same resolution in the game settings. and do not start the game in a window.

Depending on your system and your screen you get this error since the GUI does not overlay correctly.

Ashikaga.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 02:25 PM   #2111
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
Your problem has to do with your screen resolution.

I have a 1280x1024 screen. I had that problem when I put the 8.5 patch in without changing the resolution in the game to 5.4.

Then I downsampled my screen to 1280x960 and put the same resolution in the game settings. and do not start the game in a window.

Depending on your system and your screen you get this error since the GUI does not overlay correctly.

Ashikaga.
As I said, there's probably nothing wrong with the mod it self...Nice tip, thanks...
Old 08-27-16, 04:47 PM   #2112
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I KNEW it

Some days ago I downloaded the Wolves Of Steel 1.05 latest edition

Throughout the day I have cut and paste from the mod into the game's different folders

Started the game and got a crash, tried again-same story Crash.

Said to myself-you knew this would happen-Only patches or mods that have "automatic installation" is useful for a 250 % real novice like me.

So now I have to think if I wanna reinstall SH5 with all its bugs or wait for a patch where these have been fixed.

I'm so happy for those who lay down hours after hours on making a game, such as SH5 more delight full to play, I wish however that they would make a "automatic installation" so a real 250 % novice like me can get the pleasure to play SH5 with a super mods like Wolves Of Steel.
I would gladly pay 5-10 $ to the creator of such mod if he made an automatic installation.

It's not the fist time this has happened-Last time was when I played SH3 I made an "investigation" and found out I had copied files from the mod folder into the correct game folder AND I had, believe it or not, copied files from the game folder into some of the mod folder.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 05:09 PM   #2113
vdr1981
Navy Seal

I's not likely that TWoS auto installer will be available any time soon...Maybe some day...
Old 08-27-16, 05:45 PM   #2114
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I's not likely that TWoS auto installer will be available any time soon...Maybe some day...
An idea could be that if a player want the easy part of getting this mega mod-Wolves Of steel installed into his SH5 game folder, this person should give 5 or 10 $ to Subsim and thereby get this mega mod with an auto installer.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 07:23 PM   #2115
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

I really wanna get this to work so i can take a break from my virtual Pilot's life.
Again "windowed" ? Did you see post 2117