SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-17, 06:35 PM   #16
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

And tarnish the Chinese culture? I think they will be kept in a "zone".
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 06:58 PM   #17
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I meant in terms of economics development. Currently they apparently already get a strong gray market economy. They just need to solidify that mixed economy the way the Chinese did and it may just work.
Old 04-13-17, 06:06 PM   #18
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Sorry for digging up this not so old thread. I found an interesting article from NBC. I knew we had a thread about strike on NK

Quote:
The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...uclear-n746366

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 06:30 PM   #19
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

The gray market economy is very, very vague. It makes the news because it is surprising. Why not permit them, though? They have no influence on anything. Looking at what pictures are available, posted by travelers, they are rather insignificant.

I noticed today's MOAB in Afghanistan. Sure it was a message, but it also had a practical purpose on the ground. I think if something was done in North Korea, it would also have a practical purpose. The cruise missiles in Syria are another example.

Going back to North Korea, what if the Americans, Japanese and South Koreans saw a missile flying high overhead, while in international waters, and felt threatened and shot it down? Shot them all down. It takes away a testing ability. Just thinking of a message and a practical action joined.

They say that North Korea has a missile submarine. But, it would have to be threatening, I suppose.

Just ideas for the discussion. Off to patrol for a missile sub.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 09:02 PM   #20
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Wrong thinking is punishable. Right thinking will be as quickly rewarded. You will find it an effective combination." -- The Keeper, from THE CAGE

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 11:04 PM   #21
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

It would certainly be an interesting turn of events if China invaded, and then occupied North Korea. Claiming all the while that they did it at our behest.

Would be a great place for them to send their problem Islamic folks in the future.

I don't picture China offering much of a Marshall Plan though. lmao

Last edited by em2nought; 04-14-17 at 12:12 AM. Reason: expound
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 06:50 AM   #22
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
The gray market economy is very, very vague. It makes the news because it is surprising. Why not permit them, though? They have no influence on anything. Looking at what pictures are available, posted by travelers, they are rather insignificant.
Well let me explain. In addition to the markets and small private entities travelers see things like mines are semi private, implying that the market/private sector is significant.
Old 04-14-17, 11:13 AM   #23
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

China invading NK and occupying it as a means of defusing the situation is a bit of a nonstarter. First, China has no real desire to expend resources to invade, occupy, and maintain what is, for them, an unprofitable impoverished acquisition; unless they are willing to endure the possibility a protracted period of time with little to no gain and, perhaps, a sort of insurgent situation presented by die-hard NK guerillas, there is little attraction for China. Secondly, if China were to invade NK, even on the aim of trying to defuse Kim and his henchmen, SK is not likely to be calm about fears that maybe China won;t stop at the DMZ and try to get SK in the bargain; it would not be farfetched to consider some rogue SK military elements, believing they were acting in defense of SK, initiating actions that China would, itself, take as unwarranted aggression and respond in kind...

There many variables in the whole Asian situation that need to be considered; there are no simple answers, in particular answers pleasing to all parties...

<O>
Old 04-14-17, 11:36 AM   #24
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

China invading NK !? Maybe China has, as Eddie wrote, no real interest.

Ok what could be prevented if NK's big brother invade his little brothers country

An American strike and thereby probably preventing a revenge attack with either chemical, nuclear or biological from NK against SK and/or JP.
(Kim could still do this)

And most important-preventing a war between USA and China, which is a big possibility if an American strike on NK should develop or continue.

I don't think China is interested in such a thing, invading NK.

The worst case scenario-Kim feel being mocked by Beijing and see no other way than send his A, B and/or C loaded missil against China and perhaps against SK-to get USA involved.

Some thoughts from an amateur who haven't that much knowledge on geopolitics, strategy and other things.

Markus
Old 04-14-17, 11:57 AM   #25
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

The world is not ready yet for a family feud show live on satellite TV showing a million man army crossing over into South Korea which is only 35 miles to Seoul or lobbing sarin gas canister's over the DMZ.

NKPR air force would fall in 20 minutes, the navy in one day and the threat of any nuclear strike would be coming before we could wipe them out.

Not a pleasant picture ... Donald Trump is poker player and a salesman and he will not take that chance of putting one little foot over the line.

North Korea can only be taken out by North Korea from within ... Money talks Bull **** walks
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 12:37 PM   #26
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

In Syria Obama draw a red line-If Assad used chemical weapons USA would....didn't do nothing as we have seen

Have Trump done the same regarding NK, drawn a red line-cross this and we will attack your military stuff ? And will Trump give the order-if this line has been crossed ?

Markus
Old 04-14-17, 09:43 PM   #27
moose1am
Frogman

Default China is putting the screws to NK now

NK only real trading partner is China and they just refused a shipment of NK coal sent to China. And they are telling the leader of NK to cool it and settle down. They don't want the USA to put Nukes in SK so close to the Chinese Boarder. We have a Carrier Battle Group off the coast of NK ready to shoot down any nuclear armed ballistic missiles that they might launch toward Japan. We have missiles that can intercept they NK missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
As I pointed out in another topic we abided by the North/South nuke free zone agreement many years ago and removed our nuclear weapons in the early nineties. Since that time the only one flexing muscle, making threats, developing and testing nuclear weapons and delivery systems is the DPRK. I think what Tillerson said was more for China's ear to hear to help set the tone for his visit with them, than an immediate threat of war with North Korea.

we have allowed them to kill off thoughtful and intelligent discussion. All hail the party, toe the line and long live the divide!

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 09:47 PM   #28
moose1am
Frogman

Default Trump just met the Chinese Leader in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you, that was his name.

At the same time the author created this thread I made a discussion about the same on my FB-wall. There I wrote USA will not do anything without having discussed this with China and furthermore,
for the first time a Seal Team is a part of this upcoming exercise, what this mean I can't tell, someone mentioned that their job was to "cut of the snakes head"(my words) in NK
I wonder if China would approve this, ´cause its unthinkable that USA would take should steps against NK without having discussed this with China

Markus
The Leader of China just finished having dinner with President Trump in Florida USA. After this meeting the Chinese turned back a shipment of NK coal that they intended to sell to China. With China being the main trading partner with NK it seems that China can persuade the leader of NK to cool his jets a bit. The NK Leader can talk his BS all he wants but he knows better to launch into a major war with the USA.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
Old 04-14-17, 09:55 PM   #29
moose1am
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In Syria Obama draw a red line-If Assad used chemical weapons USA would....didn't do nothing as we have seen

Have Trump done the same regarding NK, drawn a red line-cross this and we will attack your military stuff ? And will Trump give the order-if this line has been crossed ?

Markus
Actually Obama got Russia to get rid of the Chemical Weapons in Syria for the most part. They didn't use anymore chemical weapons until after Obama left office. They must have brought them back into Syria after Trump became president!.

Obama was not a war hawk but he kept us safe and I'm still alive today.

I'm not sure we will survive Trump's Presidency and he had not been in office 100 days yet.

I pray that we don't get into WWIII and have a nuclear holocaust.

With that said Trump has spent 59 X 1.2 million each to take out a few buildings on a runway that the Syrians/Russians were using again the next day to attack the same city that they attacked before the Tomahawk attack. So the runway was not destroyed and the planes were not all destroyed because Trump told the Russians about the Attack before hand. Duh. Talk about telegraphing your intentions. Flip flop!.

I doubt that the US Navy will try to send in a Seal Team into NK to take out it's leader. NK is not Pakistan. We have been at war with NK since the 1950's and there war was never over. It's just a very fragile cease fire agreement now. It' could get hot any minute again.

Let's be realistic here. NK has Nuclear Weapons now and they probably have the ability to launch them at Japan, Guam or maybe even the USA Main land. Will they do that? I highly think not. The leader of NK is not that damn stupid. And if he is then we would take him out with someone more powerful than seal team six. More likely we will have China Pressure the NK leader to settle down or they won't trade with him anymore. They really don't need him as much as he needs China.

Moose1am

Old 04-15-17, 06:32 AM   #30
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Old lady at the bus stop..

We should send the best crack troops into Korea (meaning North Korea) grab that fat lad pull his pants down and smack his @%$£ (backside) raw.

She made me laugh.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, north korea