SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-16, 08:50 AM   #526
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

I'd be willing to try and close those WC doors and share the result here on Subsim, with your permission of course.

I've never done this before, but am willing to learn. Could anyone tell me what application to use for editing the 3D graphics of SH5, or point me in the direction of a good tutorial? Thanks.
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 06:42 PM   #527
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0

Of course you can do any modifications you want.

As a beginning you have to start with the most important thing: app you'll use for opening (editing) GR2 files:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188290

It allows you to export/import meshes and generally manage GR2 files which are the basics of the SH5 3D world.

Then you have to install some app for 3D modifying. For eg. Blender is free and it's quite good. Personally I prefered Autodesk 3dsMAX (free for students).

I think the thread I gave you link to is the best point to start with.
Once I had some tutorial how to use it. If only I remembered now where it was... well I'd have to look for it (perhaps it's somewhere in my "historic" bookmarks). But as far as I remember it's quite intuitive so I believe you can find yourself how it works.

Best regards,
Michael.
Old 07-06-16, 03:39 AM   #528
Darojax
A-ganger

Big thanks Michal, I will see what I can do! : )
Old 07-07-16, 10:41 PM   #529
Darojax
A-ganger

SHO

Hmmm, yeah. Seems it is quite a mouthful for a 3d rookie like myself. Was able to export the mesh and import it to 3ds Max, but once there I cant rotate/relocate the door to the closed position without messing up the mesh.

If asking pretty please, couldn't we get a 3D editing veteran to just possibly close that one toilet door, would be a quick job I suspect? I do believe I am not the only one who would like to see such a modification. The mod and that dining area is just so gorgeous!

If anyone decides to give it a go please use this version:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4931

Last edited by Darojax; 07-08-16 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-27-16, 04:54 AM   #530
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Took a while to compile a list of all the ID's but I am certain there are no Dupe ID's shared between the Buoys and Room_QR1.

I did make a small changes and the Interior has been 100% compatible with TWOS for the past couple weeks and I am currently based in Lorient.

I am using the Room_QR1_No_Food version.
I also removed RayTracedHalo's from the Table Lamp and Toilets.
- Renamed Room_QR1\data\Library\Room_Int_LampHalo.dat to Room_Int_LampHalo.dat.bak so it doesn't get loaded.

I removed the Halo's after performing several tests on Exhaust Smoke that I've also removed from the Player Submarine.
I even tried using 3 different ship funnel smokes. If any exhaust is active on Player Submarine, All caused CTD in TWOS when nearing a Port.
Ahoy TheBeast, just wondering if you've made any more progress updating silentmicals dining room or your Room_QR1. This is one of my favourite mods for SH5 and it would be brilliant if this was eventually made fully compatible with TWOS. I have always used this mod with TWOS without any problems that I'm aware of, but I'm yet to make it through to "Happy Times"

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 02:23 AM   #531
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Ahoy TheBeast, just wondering if you've made any more progress updating silentmicals dining room or your Room_QR1. This is one of my favourite mods for SH5 and it would be brilliant if this was eventually made fully compatible with TWOS. I have always used this mod with TWOS without any problems that I'm aware of, but I'm yet to make it through to "Happy Times"
I have had some health issue's recently that required surgery so I haven't done anything since my last post for QR1.
Not sure but I think I read that some of my last changes may have caused issues for NVIDIA cards so that lights didn't display correctly for them.
Easy enough to fix though.

A few days ago working on a change in SHIII, I did realize why I wasn't getting the right color light halo on the swinging lamp light. So with that said, I know that many people want the light bulbs to change color when the red lights come. They currently remain yellow or white when all the ambient light is red. If time permits, I may be able to fix that but would only do the CR, QR1 and QR2/Kitchen.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 04:54 AM   #532
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I have had some health issue's recently that required surgery so I haven't done anything since my last post for QR1.
Not sure but I think I read that some of my last changes may have caused issues for NVIDIA cards so that lights didn't display correctly for them.
Easy enough to fix though.

A few days ago working on a change in SHIII, I did realize why I wasn't getting the right color light halo on the swinging lamp light. So with that said, I know that many people want the light bulbs to change color when the red lights come. They currently remain yellow or white when all the ambient light is red. If time permits, I may be able to fix that but would only do the CR, QR1 and QR2/Kitchen.
Hi TheBeast!!!
I hope your health is all right, this is absolutely the most important thing!
Speaking of Q1 room of SH5, in my humble opinion I think the swinging light of the lamp must be without halo because then all the lamps should have the halo and I do not think that there is so much fog in u-boot . I think that in reality the light bulb above the dinner table is low enough power to light up the dinner table and can not create halo.
If you can fix the lamp bulb because is turned off and so also in the silentmichal mod but this is perhaps the least important issue.
For me the best solution is:
1 - the light bulbs to change color When the red lights come
2 - the dinner table with the swinging light of the lamp without halo
3 - no salami, no food crates
4 - no toilets because the doors do not close
I would try to edit the files .GR2 but only to understand a little. Which programs do you recommend?
Sorry for all these requests

We all drink to your health

With my best regards,
Torpedo
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 06:22 AM   #533
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi TheBeast
My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-16, 09:20 PM   #534
TheBeast
The Old Man

gear Room_QR1 MOD Update 1

Made a small change to Room_QR1
If you have downloaded the Room_QR1 MOD prior to this change you just need the Room_QR1_Update_1 MOD to get this change.
If you are downloading the Room_QR1 MOD for first time the Main Download for Room_QR1 MOD has also been updated with this Change as of 11/23/2016.

PURPOSE:
Update the Radar Display to prevent Player Submarine Radar blip from showing up in the the center of the Radar Display.

FILE:
data\Submarine\Common\Rooms\Room_QR1.sim

Both MODS are JSGME Ready!

LATEST CHANGES:
11/23/2016
....... - Revised RadarView Controller Inner Range from 20m to 30m so Player U Boat radar blip does not appear in center of Radar Display.
....... - - Ranges should be 30m-9Km, 30m-24Km, 30m-39Km
....... - - - [Depending on installed Radar Antenna, The new long range can detect Surface Targets 30Km-24Km away and Air Targets 30m-39Km away]

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Room_QR1_1.rar
92.52 MB
Room_QR1_Update_1.rar
3.8 KB

Enjoy!
TheBeastBelow

Old 11-26-16, 09:40 AM   #535
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Support Merge Room QR_1 mods

Hello TheBeast, would it be possible to incorporate the changes that vdr1981 made to the Room_QR1.sim file in his "SMInt_NFnF_Nvidia Lights fix 2" with your latest "Room_QR1 MOD Update 1" to get the lights working? It would be great to have the lights working as well as the radar fixes.

"Room_QR1 MOD Update 1"

"SMInt_NFnF_Nvidia Lights fix 2" https://www.mediafire.com/?d686y885dcj9sdw

Old 11-27-16, 12:31 AM   #536
TheBeast
The Old Man

gear

Quote:
Hello TheBeast, would it be possible to incorporate the changes that vdr1981 made to the Room_QR1.sim file in his "SMInt_NFnF_Nvidia Lights fix 2" with your latest "Room_QR1 MOD Update 1" to get the lights working? It would be great to have the lights working as well as the radar fixes.

"Room_QR1 MOD Update 1"

I added this to my SH5 "Things To Do" list. Not sure when I will be able to get it done but it is very easy change.

I am considering replacing all QR1 lights with RayTracedHalo type lights. Ray Traced Halo lights work for all video card chip sets.
If people like the change, I would do all lights in all rooms that way.

Old 11-28-16, 06:33 AM   #537
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default NVidia Fix

Quote:

"Room_QR1 MOD Update 1"

I added the NVidia Fix back to QR1
BTW, that is my fix MOD from 2011 when SteelViking/Reaper7 first released the interior fixes "SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1_NVidia_Fix" and it no longer exists @ SubSim.

LINK:
Room_QR1_Update_2

Old 12-10-16, 03:15 PM   #538
vattila
Watch

Downloads: 122

Thanks TheBeast. I have a same issue with the lightbulb. Would be nice to see them working everywhere.
vattila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 05:48 AM   #539
vattila
Watch

Downloads: 122

I installed this mod after SteelWiking's mod and I do not have the dining room. Just the regular two storey beds.
vattila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 06:14 AM   #540
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattila View Post
I installed this mod after SteelWiking's mod and I do not have the dining room. Just the regular two storey beds.
The dining table mod is included in "The Wolves of Steel" expansion pack as well as Steel Viking's mod.

Tags
dinning place, interior, silentmichal