SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-08, 03:56 AM   #1
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
[REL] Conus' SH4 Graphic Mods 1.0

Hi mates,
I have finally gotten around to release my graphic mod for SH4 U-boat Missions.
I am not really very good with the descriptions so here is (very briefly) what you can expect from version 1.0:
-added swastikas to all textures where it was missing
-changed all the flags to high resolution with "worn out look" and also changed the historically incorrect ones
-added images of German sailors and commanders to the opening menu animations (this part I am not 100% satisfied with yet )
-changed all the submarine images in crew and equipment screens to "SH3-look", even created one for XXIII from scratch)
-changed the award screen background and replaced all medals with more realistic looking ones
-changed save/load icons
-changed flags on recognition manual
-created new loading screen
-changed the mission loading screens to more "old fashioned" looking ones
...and also made multiple small changes to the graphics (too many and too small to list)

IMPORTANT: if you use this mod with our R.U.I.M. mod the R.U.I.M. has to be installed AFTER this one (overwrite all the files).

If you have any comments/suggestions/constructive criticism, all are welcome.
Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers,

-Libor

DOWNLOAD (JSGME ready): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rjzjz5efnyz

Last edited by conus00; 12-05-08 at 04:02 AM.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 02:37 PM   #2
conus00
Grey Wolf

Thanks Mikhayl.
I intended to keep American faces in the sliding pictures because the menu is supposed to cover both sides. What I was refferring to is the gradient on the right hand side which is not smooth and I have no idea why...
Old 12-06-08, 01:41 AM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

so this is mainly to fix the german side graphics?

and if that is true then will it let you play both sides of the game while it is installed or is it only to be installed to play the german side?
Old 12-06-08, 03:02 PM   #4
conus00
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER

and if that is true then will it let you play both sides of the game while it is installed or is it only to be installed to play the german side?
That is correct. To my best knowledge the mod is not going to affect US side at all because there are separate folders for US and German sides. If you play only US side in SH4 then there is really little use for this mod. If you want to install only some of the features you can always go through the folder before you install it and delete all "German content".
Old 12-08-08, 04:38 PM   #5
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

looks good.
Might be an idea to move it over to SH4 ATO mods forum.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 11:55 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER

That is correct. To my best knowledge the mod is not going to affect US side at all because there are separate folders for US and German sides. If you play only US side in SH4 then there is really little use for this mod. If you want to install only some of the features you can always go through the folder before you install it and delete all "German content".
well what im doing is putting together a game fixes only mod that includes all the stand alone fixes mods that fixes things in the game but i want to try to leave out any modded things to keep it as purely game fixes.

the idea is if a mod makes things work correctly or changes things to be more realistic as long as they dont unreasonably effect difficulty or gameplay then i want to include that fix or only the part of that mod that contains the fix.

many people play both sides of the game, US and German, and dont always use the big mods for whatever reason so stand alone fixes are needed and very important.