SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-09, 10:31 PM   #1
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0
Can't find targets...

Any charts for allied shipping out there for this theatre? Can't seem to find anything when they assign me a patrol grid...
Old 01-11-09, 04:49 AM   #2
Noobie
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

My first post

Don't listen to me im a Noob, just my opinion.

Yeah, also happens to me, but it seems that you can go patrol other places too, just ignore the mission , thats what i do, such as today, i was going back home for fuel, and on the way until now i have sunk 4 Merchant and 4 Warships, and i completed the mission even though i was far from the patrol zone.

This was the first time i sunk a ship in campaign , and got eight! I'm really starting to like this game
Noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 05:53 PM   #3
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

If you can't find targets, you're in the wrong ocean...

1) Try selecting Penang and they will assign you missions traversing the Indian Ocean. In fact there are so many targets it almost gets irritating. Look to the northwest coast of Australia and around India. If you choose Penang you'll get assigned patrol locations off of Eastern African coast. India, the Arabian Sea area, there are targets everywhere.

2) If you want to hunt for targets in and around Indonesia then you need to be looking in the following seas: Celebes, Flores, Banda and don't forget to click on your friendly airbases to send out scout planes to help you find those targets! You won't find much allied shipping in the South China, Sulu or Jawa Seas.

Focus your attention on the Indian Ocean and leave Japan to the US Fleetboats.

You can hunt US Battleships off the coast of Sumatra all day (I got a Colorado on my first Indian Ocean patrol, I clocked em at 16.7kts) there's always a task force lurking in that area.

Last edited by XLjedi; 01-11-09 at 06:05 PM.
XLjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 10:55 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

us common sense, war is about supplies so think about the time of year and where supplies are heading, then position yourself near areas along coasts or channels that shipping must pass to get to those ports.
Old 01-12-09, 07:08 AM   #5
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Are you useing any mods, such as OM? This mod uses historical supply routes. The mod comes with a convoy map in pdf form so you could get an idea of where you need to be.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote