SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-07, 04:15 PM   #676
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Very soon the new GWX1.02 patch will be released and in order to add it to your game you will need a clean GWX1.0 version without the Dec-updates.
2 questions :
  • Do you think there will be one more patch after this one ?
  • To make things easier for people who download GWX, don't you think that it would be good to upload a new GWX patched version on the official GW website ? Then, the first GWX version would be deleted.
Old 02-19-07, 04:22 PM   #677
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

To question one....yes an update is planned for the spring (to include blah blah blah)
Question two....GWX is the foundation stone for all GWX upgrades (just like SH3)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 05:33 PM   #678
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
GWX is the foundation stone for all GWX upgrades (just like SH3)
My first question was : do you think there will be a next update after the next one ? (just want to know if the GWX dev team members think that there's still some error to find and correct, or no more bug / problem on the Grey Wolves eXpansion )

And about the "foundation stone" : I'm aware I need to install SH3 before GWX, thank you :p:rotfl:.... What I exactly mean is that when you want to play GWX actually, you have to install the game, then GWX, finally to install the dec 23rd update.... Don't you think that it's possible (and easier for people who download and want to play GWX) to implement all corrections of this spring patch directly on GWX ? Then, there would be no need to search somewhere for an eventual patch/update to install : there would be one and only thing to install, cause the expansion would already contain all corrections in it.
Old 02-19-07, 06:08 PM   #679
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........with out being drawn into detail.....there are some great treats IMHO still in store for the future....GWX is not yet complete...and that has already been posted elsewhere (use the search)
The next/imminent update will include the Dec23rd patch and anyone curently using the original GWX only need load the update patch v1.02

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 06:17 PM   #680
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Hehe !
About this new update, that's good to hear that they have included corrections from the dec 23rd update.
Old 02-19-07, 06:31 PM   #681
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quick question, I have GWX running no problems, I did not utilize JGSME to install the Dec23 update, just installed directly and overwrote the files. Did I do a BOOBOO. Just curious its running well no funny business.

Thanks!

Wilcke
I'm affraid you did a big BOOBOO actually Very soon the new GWX1.02 patch will be released and in order to add it to your game you will need a clean GWX1.0 version without the Dec-updates. I'm affraid you will need to uninstall and re-install GWX soon. Moral of the story: Always enable mods via JSGME, as that way there is no chance of something going wrong. If you don't want/need a mod you disable it and you have a clean installation.

Obviously if you just want to play GWX with the Dec patch you should be OK. If you had other mods installed as well you might face some problems
No, that is not the case. The GWX1.02 installer will happily install over any previous version of GWX UNLESS you installed the patch via JSGME.

In that case, it gets upset NOT because the patch was installed, but because JSGME is not "clean", which is a requirement in order for certain mod files to be updated.

If players have installed the Dec patch *directly* into their GWX, the installer won't care and will happily continue.

Hope this clarifies.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 07:15 PM   #682
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quick question, I have GWX running no problems, I did not utilize JGSME to install the Dec23 update, just installed directly and overwrote the files. Did I do a BOOBOO. Just curious its running well no funny business.

Thanks!

Wilcke
I'm affraid you did a big BOOBOO actually Very soon the new GWX1.02 patch will be released and in order to add it to your game you will need a clean GWX1.0 version without the Dec-updates. I'm affraid you will need to uninstall and re-install GWX soon. Moral of the story: Always enable mods via JSGME, as that way there is no chance of something going wrong. If you don't want/need a mod you disable it and you have a clean installation.

Obviously if you just want to play GWX with the Dec patch you should be OK. If you had other mods installed as well you might face some problems
No, that is not the case. The GWX1.02 installer will happily install over any previous version of GWX UNLESS you installed the patch via JSGME.

In that case, it gets upset NOT because the patch was installed, but because JSGME is not "clean", which is a requirement in order for certain mod files to be updated.

If players have installed the Dec patch *directly* into their GWX, the installer won't care and will happily continue.

Hope this clarifies.
Thanks for the clarification Jaesen
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 07:44 PM   #683
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
To make things easier for people who download GWX, don't you think that it would be good to upload a new GWX patched version on the official GW website ? Then, the first GWX version would be deleted.
No I don't think that it would be good at all.

What you are proposing is for the GWX devs and testers to re-u/l 800+ mb of files throughout the world - a task that can take over three days to achieve - just so that you can avoid d/l a 70mb file (which would be required anyway to avoid the backlash from the majority of players who would prefer to d/l 70mb as opposed to re-d/l 800+ mb of files!).

You are then proposing that BBW supports (well, I propose the BBW part) multiple versions of the GWX installer. I can just imagine it now... "what version of GWX do you have installed?". "I don't know, the full one", "which full one - there's two you know" (two being three, four, five, six depending on how many more patches are required). LOL!

BBW will just love that!

And what happens if we find another bug? Do we go through it all again?

jimbuna is spot on with his SH3 analogy. I had no problems finding, d/l and installing SH3 patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4b when they each first came out. I'm so glad that I didn't have to re-d/l or purchase SH3 each time! (although some current budget releases of SH3 includes the latest patch.)

FYI GWX Patch 1.02 will include and hence replace all previous hotfixes and patches and can easily, and quite effortlessly, be installed over any previous release of GWX...without the support hassles that multiple versions would bring. It will be linked on the GWX webpage, so will require no more "searching" to find.

GWX Patch 1.02 is NOT the Spring update. It's a fix patch. I anticipate one more fix patch before the Spring update. The fix patch will be distributed as an independant patch (most likely titled 1.03). The Spring update's distribution method will be announced at a more appropriate time (like near release). For all intents and purposes the Spring update will be the final update.
Old 02-19-07, 08:46 PM   #684
JboX88
Watch

Downloads: 0

Ugh, I'm trying to get the Dec. 23 patch working, but it's not going very smoothly.
I downloaded it and downloaded the 7z program. I couldn't get it to unzip the file though or whatever it has to do.
Is there anyway I can get the Dec. 23 patch on a different kind of file, that doesn't have to be unzipped?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Maybe like a step by step, very in depth?
BTW: The patch file in my Mods folder is labeled:
GWX_-_Dec_23rd_corrections.7z Then underneath that it says: 7z file

If I right click on the file and then go to 7zip, then I goto extract here and it exracts the files, but it looks the original file looks the same. Do I alreayd have the patch working then?? I'm really confused

EDIT: WOW. When I dled GWX from gameshadow, I dled the Dec 23 patch as well. So I've had it all along! Now the only question is, why won't MP work?

Last edited by JboX88; 02-19-07 at 09:21 PM.
JboX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 10:09 PM   #685
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Bump

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 03:43 AM   #686
NiKuTa
Ensign

Downloads: 138

Hello . Nice job GX team. Mod is very good. I like you campaing, new operations, new ships, plans etc. This is real good mod but, Ships sunk too easily. When i use a D Gun ships sunk so fast. Sometime 2 hit and thay blow up. My last ship Merchant (passenger/cargo) was hiten twice and blow up. For me it is too easily. . My previous ship sunk after 3 hits. C3 need about 20 hits tu sunk or less. too easily.
NiKuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 04:32 AM   #687
JScones
Navy Seal

Default GWX Patch 1.02 RELEASED

GWX Patch 1.02 is now available for download!

Description

GWX Patch 1.02 is a *fix only* patch that addresses many of the concerns that have been raised since GWX was first released. Specifically, GWX Patch 1.02 includes the following changes and corrections:
Quote:
- Updated manual
- Added two new countries - Egypt and Honduras with associated Sea and Air units
- Corrected erroneous flags - Venezuela, Uruguay, Finland and various others
- Updated Recognition Manual covers for various countries
- Updated Flaggenbuch - now includes all in-game countries and their flags
- Increased air coverage in the Biscay area from 43 onwards
- Hurricanes no longer show bombs before 1941
- Added random patrols to Dunkirk and Longyearby as well as Black Sea ports of Poti and Suchumi
- Added scripted patrols of neutral aircraft - Spain/Portugal and Ireland
- Added random patrols of British Destroyers during Dunkirk
- Added random US patrols to Panama canal
- Added port of Peurto Castilla for Honduras
- Added random shipping routes for Honduras around Florida/New Orleans area
- Added some Egyptian ships to Med convoys with low spawn rates
- Scripted static Honduras shipping in home port plus a few US ports
- Scripted static Egyptian shipping in Alexandria and Port Said as well as patrols on the Red Sea/Suez
- Reinstated port of Helsinki and added scripted docked ships and random patrols
- Reinstated port of Calais and added scripted docked ships and random patrols
- Reinstated port of Cherbourg and added scripted docked ships and random patrols
- Added port of Holtenau
- Altered Kiel canal auto waypoints to avoid Holtenau - also moved more to canal centre to avoid couple of reported collisions
- Adjusted LND so ports of Rendsburg/Gotenhafen and Kiel2 now appear on map ingame
- Moved naval bases to allow starts from all friendly bases
- Added some subnets to docked British Battleships
- Added some submerged German AI uboats around British coast
- Added Convoy SC 94
- Moved SC convoys from Apr 1942 to Oct 1942 to go through the Bell Straits
- Adapted single mission starting depths
- New SC 94 single and Multimissions
- Changed AMM so won't spawn in convoys unless scripted to do so
- Added Mosquito to Australian roster
- Added Hudson Mk.3 to Australian roster and changed entry in smallairbase AU - removed redundant Hudson Mk.2
- Created large airbase for Finland
- Created small airbase for Brasil
- Created small airbase for Bulgaria
- Created vsmall airbase for Egypt
- Added NRC to US roster
- Added NRC and NECT to Australian roster
- Added NRC and NECT to Italian roster
- Added DST to Japanese roster
- Added NCHT, NRC, ATug and NECT to Russian roster
- Added DB3 and Arado to Finnish roster
- Added Hudson MK.3 to Dutch roster
- Added Hudson MK.3 and P38 to Portugal roster
- Added Hudson A-28 to Brasil roster
- Added Arado to Bulgarian roster
- Added Walrus to Irish roster
- Removed FW-200 Condor from Hungary roster
- Removed PCTrawler and NHPB from Hungary roster
- Changed date on KGV class BB to historic and amended campaign files to suit
- Changed dates on Type36A and altered campaign files to suit - Type36A will now show after 11 Jan 40 - This date is for the first Type36A which wasn't the Type36A (mob) which the model represents - EnglishNames altered to show Type36A as the French and German already did
- Changed dates on Flower corvette and altered campaign files to suit - Flower will now show after 05 April 40
- Changed dates on Hunt I and altered campaign files to suit - Hunt I will now show after 23 March 40
- Changed dates on S class DD and altered campaign files to suit - 19420826 start date
- Changed dates on Q class DD and altered campaign files to suit - 19411006 start date
- Nulled weapons on NCHT, NECT and NAMM - floating in air
- Changed torp layout for VIIC 42 - had homers
- Added historical British depot ships to various ports at historical times - http://web.ukonline.co.uk/chalcraft/sm/depot.html
- Elco and Schnellboot armament altered to change throughout war
- Type XXI exit date changed to 1945 from 2006
- Altered line in Crew/Body/Body01/Ranks.ini to correct rank placement
- Corrected implementation of Integrated Orders optional mod
- Replaced duplicate Westerwaldlied gramophone track with Lili Marlen'
- Added generic roundel fix for P38, Arado, Walrus, Hudson A-28, Hudson Mk.3 and Wellington
- Improved aircraft markings for America, Britain, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, South Africa and Yugoslavia
- Removed fin flash from generic Hurricane
- Altered dates for Lorient to reflect it was still in German hands till 2 days AFTER the end of the war - removed Allied shipping that appears Sep 1944
- Reduced likelyhood of "one hit" bow and stern sinkings
- Corrected funnels/smoke alignment for NDE_FTboot, NATF, NLTF, ATug and NHPB
- Corrected and updated French and German translations
- Implemented Anvart's method for raising/lowering radars (Fumo30/61/64), modified to also include the Fumo29
- Added Shift R key command to raise and lower radar
- Raised DF antennas and made them rotate
- Corrected position of balkon gerat on type IX
- Corrected position of NE watchman on IX/3 watch tower (was hovering 30cm over the deck)
- Corrected position of emblem on IX/1 towers
- Corrected Hydrophone destroyed message on type XXI
- Corrected spelling error on harbormaster's office building
- Deleted three erroneous playable type VIIC in the Mediterranean that were causing problems
- Increased the distances between ships on Cerberus German main group
- Removed barricade ship blocking player egress at Penang
- Removed burning hospital ship in Alexandria
- Swapped the ME109's in the Cerberus fictional single mission for more appropriate Stukas
- Reduced minefield densities close to the original Cerberus CTD point
- Adjusted a convoy that was showing as a TF
- Longsyearbyen renamed as per Safe-Keepers observations
- Moved Lerwick so town no longer sits in the water
- Added Lerwick sub base
- Gun file correction - solved a CTD issue
- LCMAL.cfg for the US and Britain now only shows after 1943 to prevent appearance as a generic patrol boat entry
- Player submarine configurations altered so that now selecting silent running drops speed to 2 kt - should reduce some of the erroneous player statements that "silent running doesn't work" posts at Subsim
- Included texture fix on the AI uboats which was causing missing textures on the player boats
- Included corrected cam files for AI U-boats causing other player boat problems
- Included German keyboard hotfix
- Included correct textures for some ships which weren't included in the original release
- Adjusted light harbor traffic optional mod
All appropriate credits are included in the updated manual.

A few screenshots highlighting some of the changes:

New countries! Egypt and Honduras

Raised and rotating DF antenna

Corrected funnels/smoke alignment

Updated Kiel canal waypoints (with new Holtenau)

Updated flaggen sheet containing ALL countries and (corrected) flags

Requirements

GWX Patch 1.02 must be installed over a copy of Silent Hunter III containing GWX (with or without existing hotfixes). As this is a requirement for the patch to work, the installer will not allow installation to any other location.

Download

Visit http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX/ and download from any of the available links under "HOTFIXES AND PATCHES".

Installation

Before installing:

- DISABLE all activated modifications if you use the "Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). You cannot use JSGME to install GWX Patch 1.02, but you can use JSGME to activate other modifications after GWX Patch 1.02 is installed.

- REMOVE any installed SH3 Commander files (if you use "SH3 Commander") by pressing the "Rollback SH3" button from within SH3 Commander.

- ENSURE your active careers are all safely docked in port!

It is important that you follow these steps as the installer will look for SH3 Commander and JSGME files and will halt if any are found. Likewise the installer will halt if it does not find certain key GWX files.

After installing:

GWX Patch 1.02 includes all individual GWX fixes released to date. You do not need to re-install any previous GWX patch or hotfix after patch 1.02. Indeed, this patch will delete from JSGME any previous patches or hotfixes that it finds.

Please note that the GWX Manual has been updated. Take the time to review the manual before posting questions. For your convenience, a printer friendly version of the GWX 1.02 Manual can be viewed on-line at http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX...NUAL_EN_PF.pdf

Compatibility

- Please do not assume that third-party mods compatible with previous versions of GWX are compatible with GWX 1.02. If in doubt, consult the modder.

- Whilst most existing careers will continue to work with GWX 1.02, the sheer magnitude of the campaign changes means that the GWX team can not guarantee that all existing careers will continue to work.

- SH3 Commander users must d/l and install updated GWX config files. D/l http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX...fg4SH3Cmdr.zip and install as instructed.

Important!

This patch does not include a fix for the "sinking/floating ships" phenomenon. Being such an integral part of the game, the GWX devs chose to exclude the fix from this release in order to provide adequate time for testing and validation. The "sinking/floating ships" fix will be available as soon as it has passed testing.

Finally

I am very pleased with the result of this patch and want to expressly thank all the contributing modders and testers for making it all happen. Great stuff guys.

Last edited by JScones; 02-20-07 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-20-07, 05:28 AM   #688
Rotor
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51

Thanks JScones! - looking great!
Old 02-20-07, 05:37 AM   #689
Jonte
Bosun

Downloads: 0

Wow just when I'm about to start a career in GWX the patch is finished, lucky lucky me!

THANKS!
Old 02-20-07, 06:05 AM   #690
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Yesssss!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote