SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-29-08, 01:54 PM   #1
Pops2007
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH4 Message Creation

Can someone please PM me or post here how to create a message to activate at a certain time in a mission.

"such as" the mission starts at 0600 and I want a message to go out to all subs in the mission @ 0615 Hour.
Old 02-29-08, 02:19 PM   #2
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Hi Pops,

Welcome Aboard!

Go to Mission->Triggers

Click 'Add Trigger' call it something meaningful like 'Trigger_Timed_Message_1'. In Trigger Type, change that to 'Time' Change the date and time to when you want the message to be delieverd. Click 'Accept' to save it.

Goto to Mission->Events

Click 'Add Event' and again call it something meaningful like 'Event_Timed_Message_1'. Click 'Add Trigger' and select 'Trigger_Timed_Message_1' which should now appear in the box to the right. Click the Event Type drop down and select Message. In the 'Message' box at the bottom type the message as you want it to be received. Click Message repeats until Received if you want the message to be delivered later if the submarine was underwater at the time the trigger went off. It will be received the moment the sub surfaces if that option is ticked. Click Accept. Save your mission and there you are.

The time isn't exact. It's normally within a few minutes of the time you specified though. Hope that helps.

Nisgeis.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 06:21 PM   #3
Pops2007
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank You.
Old 02-29-08, 07:43 PM   #4
Pops2007
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
Hi Pops,

Welcome Aboard!

Go to Mission->Triggers

Click 'Add Trigger' call it something meaningful like 'Trigger_Timed_Message_1'. In Trigger Type, change that to 'Time' Change the date and time to when you want the message to be delieverd. Click 'Accept' to save it.

Goto to Mission->Events

Click 'Add Event' and again call it something meaningful like 'Event_Timed_Message_1'. Click 'Add Trigger' and select 'Trigger_Timed_Message_1' which should now appear in the box to the right. Click the Event Type drop down and select Message. In the 'Message' box at the bottom type the message as you want it to be received. Click Message repeats until Received if you want the message to be delivered later if the submarine was underwater at the time the trigger went off. It will be received the moment the sub surfaces if that option is ticked. Click Accept. Save your mission and there you are.

The time isn't exact. It's normally within a few minutes of the time you specified though. Hope that helps.

Nisgeis.
No Joy....did exactly as quoted but message failed to appear after 30 minutes on surface. I failed to state that it was related to a MP Mission Creation for 4-6 players.
Old 03-01-08, 12:45 AM   #5
Pops2007
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I guess I found the answer.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125689

I guess it is not a capable thing in SH4 yet.

Old 03-01-08, 02:35 AM   #6
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Ah, I've never done a multiplayer mission and had no idea it was disabled. I wonder why.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 05:03 PM   #7
Fliplip
Nub

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

Has anybody an idea how these functions could be enabled? Is there a modification which makes objectives, messages, etc. work in multiplayer missions?
Fliplip is offline   Reply With Quote