Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #91
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again

Downloads: 606
Uploads: 249

15 October 1914

The entire front has closed down again. To the north lies a heavy overcast and rain. The Marne and Verdun regions are silent, with a heavy fog lying everywhere. Even it anyone could fly there's nothing to see.

Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #92
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again

16 October 1914

While the Verdun sector is still fogged in, to the north the rain has lifted a little

Saint-Omer, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1023: Capt Williamson and I took a familiarization flight around the area. North to the coast and Dunkerque, then south to Clety and back to our field. I hadn't realized just how big the Saint-Omer complex is. It's HUGE!! Hangars everywhere, around thirty BEs parked or flying. It's an interesting place. 1 hour 24 minutes."

Saint-Omer, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "0906: Orientation flight east to Boulogne-Sur-Mer, up the coast and around to Calais, then home again. We are at the Saint-Omer extension, which is at the west end of a very large field. The main base is at the east end, with the hangars being about a half-mile apart. 1 hour 27 minutes."

Dunkerque
Filimor Hance writes: "1151: Flew up to Oostende again. Artillery exchange going on just east of Niewpoort. Looks like more trenches being dug. 1 hour 23 minutes.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:25 PM   #93
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again

17 October 1914

The rain has closed back in in the north, and today there is no flying again at all.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #94
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again

18 October 1914

While the fog continues over Verdun-Sedan and environs, the rain has lifted in the north.

Ries Meismer writes: "1047: Group flight over to Boulogne-Sur-Mer, up to Calais, over to Dunkerque and back to Saint-Omer. Starting to get a feel for the area. 1 hour 17 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1201: The rain lifted long enough for us all to make another flight. We flew west to Boulogne, up to Calais and Dunkerque and back to Saint-Omer. 2 hours 21 minutes."

Dunkerque
Filimor Hance writes: "1028: Flight up to Niewpoort and the lines. South as far as Diksmuide and the westward back to Dunkerque. Several artillery engagements. 59 minutes."

Old 10-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #95
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again

19 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "Still foggy. We have been told that as soon as the weather clears a little we are being moved west, to Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise, for some rest."

Reis Meismer writes: "1318: Another familiarization flight, over to Bailleul and back. 1 hour 3 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1436: Another short flight around the area, this time by ourselves. 45 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "The fog is still with us. Don't know what the officers are doing, but we enlisted pilots played a game of football. Not so easy when you can't see from one goal to the other, but a lot of fun."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "1433: Transferred from Dunkerque to Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer, only a few miles away. 14 minutes."