SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-10, 07:33 PM   #91
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

recreating the mission didn't work either =/ ARGH! -flails-
homsikpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 07:46 AM   #92
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

Hello all,

I m loocking for use the objectiv " Sink Specifik "

My problem is, i can t add any specific ship to this mission objectiv, do someone can help me with it ??

#Is there any way to add more country ship ( like brezilian ship ) to the ediotor ?

#Is there any way to make an axis ship neutral ?? I m trying to make OB 188 convoy. Into this convois, thyere some norvegian ship ( 7/26/1940 ) I d like make them neutral or Allies...

#I haven t understand why i can t add some ship to a group. I m trying to includ a troop transport into the convoy.
Convoy leader : FlowerCO / entry date 2/14/1939
Troop transport, entry date 10/1/1939
Mission date : 7/26/1940
Editor message : "Unit s date of commissioning is after leader entry date"
Why i can join this troop transport to the convoy ??? Do it mean, i must allways, set convoy leader the most recent ship ???

#when i m using terrain, do port generate automatically some traffic or docked ship or are they totaly empty ?

#I can see on many MP mission some Threat Zone Allie or AXIs, what is it and what is this zone fonction plz ? Edit, i have understand ^^

#What is Combat CombatRadius2D into sub attributs ??

#Sometime, when i test a mission, it stop after few minuts, any idea ?

Thx for answer

Ps : I have read node concerning posts, but i really don t understand it. Is node usefull for multiplayer missions ?

Last edited by charognard; 02-19-11 at 08:39 AM.
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 03:41 AM   #93
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I never understood why there is such a conflict regarding te entry date when building convoys, but make sure that the leader ship will have the entry date something like 01.01.39 and exit date 31.12.45. Then there should be no more conflicts. Adding ports will not generate traffic, that have to be generated manually.

To make more ships available for a specific country, you have to copy the ships in the roster. For example, copy the nkl .cfg from the brit folder into the brazilian one. I dont think you can use neutral ships, but Im not sure about this. Try create and insert into the mission few spanish ships and see if they will be neutral. So far only neutral objects are the icebergs, they will shown on your map in green as neutral merchant ships.

The nodes are for random traffic, but also you can use it to make a ship or convoy to loop between two or more points on map.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 03:46 AM   #94
charognard
Navy Dude

About creating new country an rooster, i have find a side.cfg file
This file give war entry date for country and define if neutral allie or axis...

Do someone know how this file interact with the game engine and if we can add some entry ?

Quote:
I have an another question, do someone have succeful creat a random convoy into a MP mission...
I have tryed, but after crating the mission, play it in the editor, when i launch the game en enter the mission, no convoy appear...
I have found the sollution, you must just change : IsTactical on True and the random convoy will be created

Last edited by charognard; 02-22-11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-24-11, 08:30 AM   #95
charognard
Navy Dude

Finaly, i m allways in pain with random groups :/

A may be stupid question... If i creat new country rooster, and make a MP mission, do other player must have the new folders into their SH5 folder ? I think yes, but i prefer ask before
Old 02-24-11, 09:15 AM   #96
Zedi
Sea Lord

Sure, but its simple to resolve by making a mod and share it with the other players.
Old 02-24-11, 09:36 AM   #97
charognard
Navy Dude

Ok, i ll release it in JSGME ready, incluing new rooster needed by mission

thx Magnum
Old 03-03-11, 08:48 AM   #98
charognard
Navy Dude

A new question about Carriers

- Do a Carrier auto generate some aircraft patrol in a short range around it ?

- Is there any way to make some aircraft take off the carier bridge ???
Old 03-03-11, 10:16 AM   #99
Zedi
Sea Lord

There is no animation for planes taking off, they will just spawn around the carrier. This is the result of an attack on a large convoy with a carrier in.

Old 03-03-11, 10:39 AM   #100
charognard
Navy Dude

Well ok, do a specific setting needed or is it a default carrier parameter ?

I m asking because, in an home made mission with a carrier, i haven t noticed any aircraft.
Old 03-11-16, 02:26 PM   #101
DieReeperbahn
Henke

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 1
Default Editing Campaign Projects

Old thread but I'm going anyway...
Okay, i'm working on my Harbour Charts Mod and have come across some odd things like nav buoys leading you to a dead end in Stavanger:

and rules not being followed like Red Right Return where red buoys should be on your right side when returning to harbour. Basically, I want to edit the locations of buoys using ME but before I break something I just want to ask if I alter their locations and/or add more and save that file, say Total Germany, will that cause any issues? Is there something about altering the default campaign files in that way that I could screw up? Also what files have been changed by overwriting it: just the .pj file or the whole Total Germany folder?
Old 03-12-16, 04:33 AM   #102
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

US has RRR, but the rest of the world I mean Europe is "red port left in the bottle" or something like that

So these buoys are ok

To edit a move for them - just load the harbour layer in ME2 and click and drag. Save changes and as this layer is common in all campaigns - save updated layer to all
Old 03-12-16, 02:46 PM   #103
DieReeperbahn
Henke

Okay, that's super! I checked for navaids online and sure enough North & South America, with Japan and Philippines,are in one region with RRR but the rest of the world is Red Left Return. Here is my update:

Anyway, also wondering if this NavBuoys in game is a Mod or default SH5; is it yours, Trevally?
Old 03-17-16, 04:09 PM   #104
DieReeperbahn
Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Save changes and as this layer is common in all campaigns - save updated layer to all
I'm not sure what you mean by save update to all. I've discovered that the harbour.mis file is different for all campaigns and when I copy/pasted it around I got some very odd results.

The other odd thing was that whenever I load up my current campaign, nothing was changed, so does that mean that I must restart a new campaign for that change to take effect?

Another question, is this object viewer the GR2 application?
Old 03-18-16, 04:22 AM   #105
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieReeperbahn View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by save update to all. I've discovered that the harbour.mis file is different for all campaigns and when I copy/pasted it around I got some very odd results.
This is odd. OHII campaign should have this harbour.mis file the same for each campaign. So yes, paste a copy of your updated one to all campaign folders (NOT monsun gruppe, It shares nothing from the rest of the campaigns)

What are you using as a base for your changes? OHIv2.5? or TWOS?

Quote:
The other odd thing was that whenever I load up my current campaign, nothing was changed, so does that mean that I must restart a new campaign for that change to take effect?
Yes a campaign restart to make all changes take effect