SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-14, 01:03 PM   #46
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Dronston, there is no problem about the filter http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215728.
As for the FM Interior, then you need to edit Commands_en.cfg. If he can not do it, then I can throw his version Commands_en.cfg, which works fine with my TKSS18 U-Boats Compilation.
Good Luck
++Ahnenerbe++
Cool thank you, will have a look!
Old 09-29-14, 03:01 PM   #47
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Hi Ahnenerbe:

I solved the save game problem but I have CTDs in campaign. I use GWX with Hsie patch, SH3 Commander with GWX patch and the hsie patch for Commander; the USAM (WB) ships merged with GWX Merged campaign, and MFM full version. The rest of the mods are graphics and cosmetics. With hsie I use 4 Gb patch.

For example:

I had a CTD transiting Kiel canal.

I had a CTD in open seas with nothing in sight.

I had CTDs in St. Nazaire (with Aces version and GWX simple version).

I had a CTD when changing from bridge to map view (F5 key).

I had a CTD when adding waypoints in the map.

Also the integrated orders - I suppose the orders are disponible with the GUI fix - don´t work in mi installation (I can live with that, but this is a problem with the GUI fix, I think).

I think it could be a memory problem (a lot of stuff loaded), but I can run SH5 modded and I think if SH5 run, SH3 must run with this resolution.

I changed also the 20K enviro MEP 4.3 (heavy mod) and now I have the 8 k GWX default sea (light mod) but the CTDs are persistent.

I re ran the game without your GUI, returning to MaGUI 3.4 Widescreen 1360x768, and all work fine. When I use your GUI, many crashes. I don´t think is the GUI, but the new resolution or the dll; I don´t know if the game engine can manage that high resolution. Only an opinion.

I would to share the testing of the mod with other users, but - or the users don´t like the new GUI or they don´t have problems. No tests shared in this thread.

I really like the GUI, and I want to use it without problems (or the usual problems of SH3).

Note my installation with your GUI loads the German U boats collection with the GWX Fix all subs, and of course with the GWX default boats. The game loads well, no CTD in loading, but the game crashes in any situation, ramdomly.

No problems loading the Museum.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 12:01 PM   #48
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Hi fitzcarraldo!
Kamerad, I was very busy lately, I'm sorry that did not answer, the work takes the last of his strength, but the output will be a time and I'll try anything for you to do, because it is obliged to help. He can not understand why you do this is because I believe that some of the users have already downloaded and uses this GUI, and it seems no problem like yours. I use almost all the same as you, except MFM, plus SH-5 Water for SH-3 Ultimate V84 20 Km, completely redesigned by me, but that does not weigh less, but I have everything working steadily. In general, on Friday I will write to you, and there will be solved.

Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 02:21 PM   #49
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Hi fitzcarraldo!
Kamerad, I was very busy lately, I'm sorry that did not answer, the work takes the last of his strength, but the output will be a time and I'll try anything for you to do, because it is obliged to help. He can not understand why you do this is because I believe that some of the users have already downloaded and uses this GUI, and it seems no problem like yours. I use almost all the same as you, except MFM, plus SH-5 Water for SH-3 Ultimate V84 20 Km, completely redesigned by me, but that does not weigh less, but I have everything working steadily. In general, on Friday I will write to you, and there will be solved.

Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++
No problem. Take your time; I´m testing some mods in SH4 in the meantime.

Many thanks for all your support.

BTW: I like your screenshots with your version of SH5 water for SH3. Could you post a link with the environment (also for test in my Anhenerbe GUI installation).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-04-14, 06:02 AM   #50
Santini
Medic

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 1

Ahnenerbe - can I post a slightly modified version of this configured to work with nygm?
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-14, 11:17 AM   #51
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Ahnenerbe - can I post a slightly modified version of this configured to work with nygm?
Hi!!
I am in the folder documents to be updated to select the option and put the ships from a manual for NYGM. Renamed as necessary and corrected in menu_1024_768.ini name tga, can be made for NYGM. I do not mind that someone would do something with this mod, everyone has their tastes.

Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++

Old 10-24-14, 07:19 AM   #52
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

When I start SH3 I get some message "The procedure entry point.. something something" referencing Direct DLL or something and the game crashes. Can't get even into the intro screen.

Fresh install of SH3, GWX. I could post my list if it would help.

Do I need to set something else?

EDIT!!!!!
Ok so it works fine after I click the "OK" button about 40 times lol. I've read that other people have this error and it has to do with the latest GEFORCE EXPERIENCE thing...
Anyway, it is an annoying message that pops up consecutively a bunch of times and I just keep hitting "OK" until the game runs and everything is fine.

It looks beautiful by the way! Thanks again Ahnenerbe! Wonderful work and finally I can play SH3 in wide screen. I may just have to uninstall SH5 now!!!

Jeff

Last edited by jscharpf; 10-24-14 at 08:44 PM.
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 04:07 PM   #53
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscharpf View Post
When I start SH3 I get some message "The procedure entry point.. something something" referencing Direct DLL or something and the game crashes. Can't get even into the intro screen.

Fresh install of SH3, GWX. I could post my list if it would help.

Do I need to set something else?

EDIT!!!!!
Ok so it works fine after I click the "OK" button about 40 times lol. I've read that other people have this error and it has to do with the latest GEFORCE EXPERIENCE thing...
Anyway, it is an annoying message that pops up consecutively a bunch of times and I just keep hitting "OK" until the game runs and everything is fine.

It looks beautiful by the way! Thanks again Ahnenerbe! Wonderful work and finally I can play SH3 in wide screen. I may just have to uninstall SH5 now!!!

Jeff
Hello jscharpf!!
Soon will come the final version of my GUI with explanations and with some corrections and innovations. This will definitely be the final and tested version, updates will not be. So maybe your discomfort will be corrected, I hope you get full satisfaction from the game.
Good luck
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 10-26-14 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-27-14, 01:34 PM   #54
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Found a problem when using this. For some reason it causes the 7th and 10th flotillas into one causing errors with SH3 Commander. It may just be a bad download though so i'll redownload it and post if that was the problem.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-14, 02:40 PM   #55
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Ok so it's the mod itself causing the problem. No clue why though since it shouldn't effect anything to do with the Flotillas.
Old 10-28-14, 10:51 AM   #56
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Ok so it's the mod itself causing the problem. No clue why though since it shouldn't effect anything to do with the Flotillas.
Hello Admiral Halsey!!
I recently reinstalled the game and continue to test the final version of the future http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=11616. Even at the time of testing without using SH3Commander, I also got crashes, but using mod GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships V7. It happened in Wilhemshafen, and Kiel, and where possible has been at boot campaigns. Adjusting that to reinstall the game, I used all the same set-mods (which is true in many ways I tweaked) that even after reinstallation. All this has led me to a dead end. I had to roll back all the mods try to stock GWX3.0, where all the goods have already been excellent, even in GWX - Merged Campaign. Perhaps the reason was considerably altered my mods, I do not know (remember, before the game starts without problems), but it looks like I'm almost close to the issue. But here's how it relates to fleets, it is necessary also to check. If you wish to help test, I can transfer the files for reference.
Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++

Old 10-28-14, 12:56 PM   #57
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Quote:
Snip
Well I tried Conus's mod and it did the same thing in regards to the Flotillas. So any problem is almost certainly from any files of that mod still in yours. Still what could be causing it I have no clue. You wouldn't think a resolution mod would effect SH3 Commander and the Flotillas but yet it does. It's probably just a misplaced line of text or two somewhere.
Old 10-28-14, 02:12 PM   #58
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Well I tried Conus's mod and it did the same thing in regards to the Flotillas. So any problem is almost certainly from any files of that mod still in yours. Still what could be causing it I have no clue. You wouldn't think a resolution mod would effect SH3 Commander and the Flotillas but yet it does. It's probably just a misplaced line of text or two somewhere.
In truth, I did not pay attention to it, it was not possible yet. But he can not be assumed, as a GUI can affect the flotilla if, at least in the GUI just nothing binding files fleets. Although it's possible I'm wrong, should be checked, as well as check-in additives files SH3Commander. I use GWX3_SH3Commander_CFGFiles.
Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++

Old 10-28-14, 06:48 PM   #59
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Hi, mates:

Could you be more explicit about the problem with 7th Flotilla?

These are images in St. Nazaire pens, March 1, 1941. Using Ahnenerbe GUI 1920x1080. Loaded campaign via SH3 Commander, selecting 7th Flotilla and starting 1941.

List of mods when the images were taken:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\SH3\MODS]

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Integrated Orders
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Aces' Super Turms v6 for GWX
Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5
Pascal_Port_People
BMW-R75 v.1 by TP
Dönitz Aces - Custom Emblems
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Combat Radio Frequency
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
GWX Speech
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rbs2withbuoyance
Rbs3withlifeboat
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Black]
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
Compulsory U-boat Headdress - GWX 2.0
b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
B25_Deck_Crew_Ambient
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Karle's_Crash_Dive_Mod
Scirè-Tikigod- repeated order
Real Depth Charge
TiefeMkI(German)
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Spezialeffekte-Gross
pascal_map
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
Water Drops Blur Effect MaGUI v3.4 Widescreen Compat
Ultimate ObjectView Camerav1.0
Diesel Startup Sequence for FM Engine Room beta 1
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Flags_enlighten
Aces' Super Turms v5.1+ GWX all U-Boats Bearded Crew On Deck Add On
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Rubini´s Chief Helsman stress behaviour fix
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
CCoM_8.x_Bug_Hecktorpedoraum_V1.0
Dunkle_Torpedos
Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v4
Aces' Modified Headphones
Moon_light_mod
From Aces Try This
Aces' Super Turms v6 Damo's Type 7 Atmospheric Interior lighting add-on v2 (Ccom Torpedo Rooms Compat)
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
External Cargo from SH5
Adamantas
Andes
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
Type VII salvo selector
Optional NavMapTable
Optional UzoBkgr
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX
Sub Image mod
M.E.P v5
Optional - FSF for MEP v5
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v5
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
Files for Atmospheres
Wolfehunters_VIIC_U408_2048
Wolfehunter_VIIB_U83_Decks
M.E.P v5 - VisualSensors for GWX3 with Anvart's FUMO mod

Wreford Brown´s USAM mod disabled because it causes CTDs in my installation with 1920x1080 GUI.

I didn´t see any problem with the 7th Flotilla (10th Flotilla not tested yet).

What is the problem?

All the best.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 10-28-14, 07:13 PM   #60
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

When you click the option for the 7th on SH3 commander it gives you the following lines for the bases.

Error!
Kiel.
St. Nazaire
Error!

Also I was mistaken about the combined flotillas. It's the 3rd and 10th that get combined and their base line is as follows.

Lorient.
Error!
Error!

Don't know whats causing it why.