Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-01-06, 09:17 AM   #1
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default What is your FAVORITE part of SB PRO PE?

I am still waiting for my copy of the game and would like to know what others say is their FAVORITE part of the game? Is it the scenery, the maps, the tanks (and which one in particular), the AI, the sound, the communications, etc?

Please just state one as your FAVORITE and if you want you can list them (if you have multiple ones) from highest to lowest with the highest being your FAVORITE one.

Old 08-01-06, 10:05 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I think it simply does not work that way, Serpent. Because it is the general package.

Concerning your question for favourite tanks, the biggest challenge is not controlling your tank but mastering tactics and formation maneuvering. Nevertheless I would recommend that you use the first hour to jump into every cockpit available so that your curiosity what it looks like is satisfied. But then concentrate on just one single tank for the next time to come. Load all missions into the editor and edit them so that you can play them with your choosen tank.

My pick for that was the Leo2A5, for several reasons. It's interior graphics are the best in the sim, currently. It is a fully functional cockpit (although I have all commands logged onto my HOTAS). The M1 also has a full interior, but it is not functional to that degree seen in the Leo. The situational awareness is superior to that of the M1 and the Leo2A4. Leo2A5 is as lethal and as well protected as the M1. Firing procedure and ergonomics is easier in the Leopard than in it's American counterpart. Reloading the ready rack takes lesser time (but the tank is more vulnerable during that procedure than the Abrams, becasue it traverses it'S turrets almost to the rear, exposing it's vulnerable backside to the front) so make sure you have a save hideout before start reloading). In reality the far tamer fuel consummation also would be an argument for the Leo and against the Abrams, but not in this sim (as long as you do not design a mission where the tank only has 5% fuel left).

Save the Leopard 1 for last. It is the most vulnerable of the MBTs, and by far so. Chances are that the first hit you get will be the last, even if hit at your front turret.

Many people love to ride in the Bradleys (and the to-be-released CV90xx), but somehow that is not my cup of coffee.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-01-06 at 10:09 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 05:40 PM   #3
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4

Machine-Gunning infantry. Not really, but if we had old WW2 flame-thrower tanks, that would be it though.
Old 08-02-06, 01:09 AM   #4
Winston
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 5

Like Skybird said there are just so many little touches that make this simulation very enjoyable. For my part I’m still on the learning phase but I love learning new things. I’m spending most of my time practicing on the M1A1 to get my basic tanking skills up to scratch. Spend a lot of time working in real life so I don’t have as much time as I like. Still, I’m only scratching the surface of the depth of this wonderful tank simulation.

I’ve spent a bit of time on the Bradley too and it’s a great little vehicle. Busting tanks with the Tow is very satisfying and I just love the ‘thump thump thump’ of the 25mm Bushmaster chain gun. I Will spend more time on this baby when I get proficient in the Abrams. After that I’m looking forward learning how to handle multiple tanks. Had a good go already so I know generally what’s going on, but far from proficient yet. Learning is part of the fun.

Winston is offline   Reply With Quote