SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-07, 06:12 PM   #766
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Well...........I can tell you here and now, even when being pinged ( IN GWX ) the stealth meter.....DOES NOT Change....So, how come it works ok in " outta da box ?" .......As for playing like a man..( @ Badhat )...Git yer butt to wpl for GWX Stats.....or is it you can talk the talk but, cant walk the walk ? Anyway Danlisa thanks for your input ...Salute !

Last edited by u48; 02-24-07 at 12:22 PM.
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 05:43 AM   #767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by u48
Well...........I can tell you here and now, even when being pinged ( IN GWX ) the stealth meter.....DOES NOT Change....So, how come it works ok in " outta da box ?" .......As for playing like a man..( b****t alias )...Git yer butt to wpl for GWX Stats.....or is it you can talk the talk but, cant walk the walk ? Anyway Danlisa thanks for your input ...Salute !
Keep a cool head kaleun u48 I appreciate the difficulty in doing so when replied to in terms and tones that can be perceived in a variety of ways
There are a group of us (beta testers to GWX-danlisa and myself included) who have played this game consistently since it's inception and obviously prior to it's general release on MP. The fact the stealth meter only changes colour for the MP host has been regularly noted and discussed amongst us.
To be totally frank and honest, we are collectively agreed that it is a stock bug, despite your observations re: "outta da box" because we have noticed one or two other minor changes once you get into 'MP' mode. (the inability to display conning tower emblems to name but one).
Oh!...and BTW, there are a number of our flotilla members interested in trying wpl :hmm: ....if we're still welcome that is...salute

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)

Last edited by Jimbuna; 02-26-07 at 01:08 PM.
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 05:52 AM   #768
NiKuTa
Ensign

Downloads: 138

I have a one question. GW team, why you dont add a float planes to capital shpis ?
NiKuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 06:19 AM   #769
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKuTa
I have a one question. GW team, why you dont add a float planes to capital shpis ?
I think there are some people that work on the float planes issue but I don't know their results yet.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 07:24 AM   #770
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Tell you what go into the museum and have a look then send $1 to Neal for every one you spot

Here's $10 worth to start you off:
Iowa x2
Anson
Duke of York
Howe
King George V
Prince of Wales
Gneisenau
Scharnhorst
Tirpitz

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:00 AM   #771
NiKuTa
Ensign

Quote:
What issue ?
Old 02-24-07, 12:28 PM   #772
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1

[quote=jimbuna]
Quote:
Originally Posted by u48

Keep a cool head kaleun u48 I appreciate the difficulty in doing so when replied to in terms and tones that can be perceived in a variety of ways
There are a group of us (beta testers to GWX-danlisa and myself included) who have played this game consistently since it's inception and obviously prior to it's general release on MP. The fact the stealth meter only changes colour for the MP host has been regularly noted and discussed amongst us.
To be totally frank and honest, we are collectively agreed that it is a stock bug, despite your observations re: "outta da box" because we have noticed one or two other minor changes once you get into 'MP' mode. (the inability to display conning tower emblems to name but one).
Oh!...and BTW, there are a number of our flotilla members interested in trying wpl :hmm: ....if we're still welcome that is...salute
Thanks for the input Jimbuna...Its appreciated....As for your flotilla members or anyone interested in trying WPL for GWX Stats.. YOUR MOST WELCOME.....An influx of new players would be very much appreciated....Salute!
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 04:20 PM   #773
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Quote:
What issue ?
That would be GWX 1.02

I hope we're talking about the same mod and not TGW 1.1a
Old 02-24-07, 08:43 PM   #774
NiKuTa
Ensign

I'm tolking about GWX 102 ver., and ther is no float planes on capitals. Capitals ships dont spawn a float planes like carriers spawn a fighters/bomber on the sea.
Old 02-24-07, 08:59 PM   #775
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

There are float planes on capital ships look in the museum but no they dont spawn
They dont from cruisers either

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 09:48 PM   #776
NiKuTa
Ensign

but what about carriers? The carriers spawn a planes why capital ships cant? Some bug, issues or something else ?
Old 02-24-07, 10:52 PM   #777
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
There are float planes on capital ships look in the museum but no they dont spawn
They dont from cruisers either
I am sure you are correct on this.

I have a question about the manual, however, if you don't mind. The GWX 1.02 manual mentions that they do "something" (perhaps not actually spawn) in the game. Is this an error? Or perhaps a feature that was intended but either abandoned or postponed to a later release? Or is it that they do not "Spawn" as such, but their search capabilities are represented abstractly?

Some of the places where the manual mentions it are:
Page 172 The Town-class light cruiser in GWX
"GWX models each of these ships to carry a Walrus search aircraft, which has a random chance to observe and report your presence. The aircraft is always considered to be “out searching for you” whenever you actually see a ship of this class in the game."

Page 241 The Supermarine “Walrus” observation/scout plane in GWX
"The Supermarine Walrus conducts air patrols from large British air bases and from British capital ships."

Page 249 The Vought OS2U-3 “Kingfisher” observation/scout plane in GWX
"The Vought OS2U-3 “Kingfisher” floatplane flies from U.S. bases, battleships, and cruisers in GWX."

Last edited by Steppenwolf; 02-24-07 at 11:25 PM.
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 07:09 AM   #778
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

:hmm:
I will conduct some tests

Old 02-25-07, 09:43 AM   #779
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Need a bit of help

hi guys,

Thanks to the miricle of Multi SH3 me and my brother now have our own game each. I run mine with GWX and he runs his with the original GW and Stock for other carreers.

I have noticed that my version seems a bit tougher than his, for the week I was first playing I plaed stock game, now I totally dig how aircraft are a threat in GWX that is historically accurate.

I also got the patch to 1.02 for GWX and I dig the rotating antenna and stuff and what not, the only thing is, my engine speed is totally screwed up! When I select ahead slow Im doing like 3 knots on the surface. before I got the patch I was selecting my engine speed manually without the telegraph.

Is there some way I can change the engine system back to what it was before the patch? If there is that would be awesome, and of course if I can do it using JSGME that would be coolness too.

One other thing, I love the expansion, and the graphics and everything, but I was thinking for my "fun" patrols, rather than my serious ones, any possibility of a mod that makes sinking the ships as easy as sinking them in stock?

Just asking.
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 10:25 AM   #780
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Hi Pen
What boat is the speed problem in >
Just this minute noticed it myself with the IXD2