SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-18, 11:26 AM   #18
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Good finding

Does it apply to the unmodded game too, or stock icebergs get along fine with your mod?
It seems that iceberg group 43_01 through 43_10 is the main culprit, at least with stock (unmodded) SH3, NYGM, and WAC 5.0. And yes, it applies to the unmodded game, too.

I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of the CTD problems people have been encountering when loading a previously-saved, modded game (and not just with my depth charge noise mod) is due to the prevalent practice of testing mods using blank campaign files (due to the necessity of substantially decreasing loading times). Since the icebergs have been present from the beginning, even in the stock (unmodded) version, whatever is causing the CTD problem with them has most likely been carried over throughout the years with other peoples' mods.

I have been combing through the iceberg info in the _RND file, and I simply cannot see anything that should be causing a CTD during reload. I'd much rather fix the problem that exists by modifying the appropriate file info, instead of just brute-force deleting, but until/unless I can figure out how to fix the iceberg info I'll just delete it instead.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote