SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-14, 12:04 PM   #61
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

VIIC- 1940 Poor quality screenshots. Hosted bad.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 03:58 PM   #62
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Exlellent work on this viic, Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post

@makman94

I'm sorry but it's impossible. The matter is that the texturing provides strict compliance UVW-coordinate 3d-model. Your texture will not match with UVW our models. Moreover, our model have several materials (1 to 4). This means, for example, the hull has at least four texture. To make any skin, it necessary to draw is not on one side, and on four textures. Also with turm's. I can say that in our plans is the creation of the most famous skins boats VII-type. And a couple of simple, "shabby, with rust."
it is not 'my' texture Wise,
it is the texture you (Kovall and Wise) made at the previous models that you released. the awesome texturing that i am talking about is showing at these pics here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=268

is it possible to adapt it at your final models ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 11-07-14 at 04:43 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 05:33 PM   #63
Wise
Engineer

makman94
I understood you. Textures -"skins", which you specified according to the link, can't be adapted. But it is possible to make identical, new.
If for new "sevens" I don't create analogic textures -"skins", kovall from me a skin will tear off.))
Old 11-08-14, 03:58 AM   #64
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
@Wise

Beautiful work as usual, poor quality screens or not, I am simply drooling at the prospect of the release of these fine quality works.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 03:21 PM   #65
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

What an extraordinary work, Wise ! Many congratulations !!

Could I suggest you a little improvement ? I think your U-Boot would be more realistic (if possible !) if you add a metallic sheen to all textures.

And just a little question : Will it soon be available for download ?
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 04:57 PM   #66
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Лёха, запрети мне просматривать эту тему!!!)))) Я чуть не поперхнулся от увиденного)) Шедевры!!!! Определённо скажу, это лучшие работы на subsim (и не только), и врядли кто переплюнет в терпении, и конечно, в качестве и деталях. Браво Алексей!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Alex, forbade me to view this topic !!!)))) I almost choked from the seen)) Masterpieces !!!! Definitely say it best work at subsim (and not only), and hardly anyone will surpass in patience, and of course the quality and details. Bravo Alex !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
What an extraordinary work, Wise ! Many congratulations !!

Could I suggest you a little improvement ? I think your U-Boot would be more realistic (if possible !) if you add a metallic sheen to all textures.

And just a little question : Will it soon be available for download ?
Fahnenbohn, боюсь за некоторых, что сыр бесплатным не будет. Лично я готов расстаться с кровно заработанными "шекелями"...... Парень практически один делает ту работу, которую ubisoft целой командой сделать не смогли даже в последних сериях игры, а ведь они, как раз, не скрывая заглядывают в наши карманы, подсовывая нам недоделанное фуфло (извиняюсь за некоторую возможную грубость, факт остаётся фактом).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fahnenbohn, afraid for some that the cheese will not be free. Personally, I am willing to part with hard earned "shekels" ...... One guy almost makes the work that ubisoft whole team could not do, even in the last series of the game, but because they just do not look in hiding our pockets, palming us unfinished bull**** (sorry for some possible rudeness, the fact remains).

Good luck
++Ahnenerbe++

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 07:35 PM   #67
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
!

Old 11-08-14, 07:49 PM   #68
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

So when you ganna get that good Adrian?
Old 11-09-14, 01:22 AM   #69
Wise
Engineer

@Fubar2Niner

Thank you for your confidence.

@Fahnenbohn
Good idea. But, unfortunately, we have no idea how to make SH3 metal wet or shiny. If you prompt us a method, we with pleasure and gratitude use it.
Download will be after the full completion of the work with the type VII.

@Ahnenerbe
Саня, хорош тебе уже меня перехваливать. В каждой области модифицирования игры есть свои чемпионы. Может быть, я сделал хорошие лодки, но я не способен сделать другое. Зато, это способны сделать другие парни. Ты,например, тоже сделал шикарный мод широкого формата, который до тебя сделать никто не мог. Всё относительно.
Sanya, you already overpraise me. In each area of modifying the game has the own champions. )) Maybe I made a good boat, but I'm not able to do more. But, it can make the other guys. You, for example, also made a mod chic wide format that until you do, no one could. Everything is relative.
@Alex
Alex, I understand you. Yes, you're right. This is our inattention. Justifies me only then, that this 88-mm gun (like all other guns), belongs to the authors Ubisoft. We did not pay attention to them. Thanks for competent remark. We'll think about it.
Old 11-09-14, 09:40 AM   #70
radiator
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Привет Алексей и Саня!!
28 ноября я по возможности буду в Петербурге (мои братухи из Минска дают концерт в клубе Backstage). 18 октября в Москву не получилось вырваться с моим графиком работы, но до вас я попробую добраться. По ближе к дате можно будет сконтактироваться, может пересечёмся как-нибудь, хлопнем шнапсу за встречу (привезу своего белорусского) и "за тех, кто в море". Да и поговорить с единомышленниками всегда есть о чём. Как на это смотрите? Если что, то буду вас держать в курсе и стараться приехать, давно я в Питер не заглядывал.
Удачи парни!!!!!
++Ahnenerbe++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Alex and Sanya !!
November 28 I'll be possible in St. Petersburg (my brothers from Minsk give concert at Backstage). October 18 in Moscow could not escape with my work schedule, but I'll try to get you. Upon closer to the date it will be possible to agree, can cross the somehow, slap schnapps for the meeting (bring his Belarusian) and "for those who are at sea ." Yes, and talk with like-minded always have something. How to look at it? If anything, it'll keep you up to date and try to come to St. Petersburg for a long time I did not look.
Good luck guys !!!!!
++ Ahnenerbe ++
Парни, я не слишком обнаглею, если тоже попрошусь на сходку? Как выразился Саня - "поговорить с единомышленниками всегда есть о чём" К тому есть много вопросов по S3D и другим трудно понимаемым для моего гуманитарного мозга вещам, хотелось бы поспрашивать о тех или иных моментах матерых специалистов

Guys, I will not be too arrogant, if'll ask to the meeting, too? In the words of Sanya - "talk to like-minded people always have something" Besides, there are a lot of questions on S3D and other difficult to understand things for my humanitarian brain, I would like to ask around about certain moments of experienced professionals
radiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 10:28 AM   #71
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
So when you ganna get that good Adrian?

Quote:
@Alex
Alex, I understand you. Yes, you're right. This is our inattention. Justifies me only then, that this 88-mm gun (like all other guns), belongs to the authors Ubisoft. We did not pay attention to them. Thanks for competent remark. We'll think about it.
No problem at all, Mr Wise !

That deck gun looks just like (one of ?) the very last thing you didn't care about so far, so I was just wondering if you were going to handle the deck gun too.

I have no doubt your job will look spectacular in the end, Sir.
There are some very good 3D modellers in here, and a few competent multi-skilled masterminds , but you may well be at the top in my eyes in terms of HD 3D-modelling.

I like your attention to details. That high-poly version of the conning tower alone is a masterpiece. Respect !
Old 11-09-14, 10:43 AM   #72
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiator View Post
Парни, я не слишком обнаглею, если тоже попрошусь на сходку? Как выразился Саня - "поговорить с единомышленниками всегда есть о чём" К тому есть много вопросов по S3D и другим трудно понимаемым для моего гуманитарного мозга вещам, хотелось бы поспрашивать о тех или иных моментах матерых специалистов

Guys, I will not be too arrogant, if'll ask to the meeting, too? In the words of Sanya - "talk to like-minded people always have something" Besides, there are a lot of questions on S3D and other difficult to understand things for my humanitarian brain, I would like to ask around about certain moments of experienced professionals
Полагаю, что можно и пересечься. А почему бы и нет? Это не главное, главное, что бы я смог вырваться. График работы весьма плотный и не стабильный в связи с переездом "конторы", не всё от меня зависит..... Но в любом случае, я буду стараться. По ближе к дате я сообщу в приват, тогда я сам обо всём буду уже в курсе.
+++++++++++++++
I believe that it is possible and to cross. And why not? This is not the main thing, the main thing that I could escape. Schedule is very tight and stable in connection with the move "office", not everything depends on me ..... Anyway, I will try. Upon closer to the date, I'll let you know in private, then I did everything would already know.

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 11:43 AM   #73
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
@Fahnenbohn
Good idea. But, unfortunately, we have no idea how to make SH3 metal wet or shiny. If you prompt us a method, we with pleasure and gratitude use it.
Download will be after the full completion of the work with the type VII.
Yes, I can tell you ! It's very easy. In the .dat files, you have to click on the nodes with .tga at the end (textures files). And you have to change the value of Specular Strength (for example from 51 to 151). That's all.

Here is the result :

MAGICAL !

Last edited by Fahnenbohn; 11-09-14 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-09-14, 02:03 PM   #74
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

I have another advice for you, Wise : could you be careful that the doors of the torpedo tubes to open fully ? This is never the case in all the versions I've seen.

Here is a diagram to help you :

Old 11-09-14, 05:57 PM   #75
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Wise,really great stuff! Can you post a pic of what the view looks like standing on conning tower?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote