SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-07, 10:47 PM   #1
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default Base Changed to Brest

I got a notice that my base changed to Brest. I looked at my mission briefing and it said Start at Wilhelmshaven and End at Wilhelmshaven. I started, had to exit, and when I came back, it says Start at Wilhelmshaven and End at Brest. All looks good, looking forward to the shorter trips.

But I look at the map, and Brest is not there, not at all. It's supposed to be at the end of Brittany, right? What is up with that? And my patrol grid is NULL, is that a problem?

Stock SHIII, patched 1.4b.
Old 08-17-07, 11:09 PM   #2
hale4ua
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Real good question-I have the same problem. I get the same message at the beginning of every patrol. Before Brest opened as a sub port, I got the same message saying that my base had been changed to Kiel, and in both cases I was told my flotilla had been disbanded. Now this is normally not too bad if I just intend to stay at Kiel/Brest, but if I want to actually tranfer to another flotilla, I get the NULL patrol grid thing, and my base is switched back to Kiel/Brest.

I have had this same problem in the stock Silent Hunter 3 patched to 1.04, as well as GWX patched to 1.03.
hale4ua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 10:03 PM   #3
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Here's what I did to "resolve" this issue. I hardly know if it's a repeatable thing.

I went back to the end of the previous patrol, "in base after mission". I re-handed out all the awards. I started a new mission. It said start at Wilhelmshaven and end there, too. No message at this time about changing to Brest.

I go out, and darned if I don't get jumped by some planes that destroy my radio antenna. So, if there's any message during the patrol about changing my base, it ain't happening.

I get back to Wilhelmshaven, and the next mission has a NULL grid, but the target is Brest. And this time the port is on the map. So that's where I am, having done a free hunt, and completely botching my first convoy attack.