SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-11, 11:13 AM   #31
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
OMG!
Ja, isset den shchon wieder Weinacht!
Wooohoo!

I dont know what to say! Really. Saying Good work sounds so generic and little!
I did expect some serious cool stuff, but this is so much more.

The Boot, the Buildings, the Props, sky, environment.
Mein guter Herr Witteman, superb work. And a bit crazy. I cant imagine the countless hours of work!
Hi mate,

Ah ah Christmas always come afterward with me.

Now you understand my draconian secrecy policy

I am glad that you like what i did so far it is not over yet not until i die

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 01:46 PM   #32
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder View Post
Hi Hans,
i am speechless!
Will this great piece of work be able to be integrated into every Supermod?
Will your release special Versions? LSH/GWX/WAC
This work has to be given to every SH3ler who plays our game untill now.
Thanks in forward.
Best regards
Hi mate,

My mod have high details models that would probably kill your cpu and gpu if you coupled them with other supermod, the only parts that could work on other supermods would be the torpedo already release as torpedo_HAHD look in maik archiv, the crew uniform very easy to implemented in other mods, the environment to a certain point because some sea behavior could have undesired effect on gameplay.

But i think the best alternative would be to put in my mod what people want the most for that i will need help from a pro modder fellow to included the game mechanic that people like to see like damage controls, fatigue model, ai and sensors behavior.

Also i am not sure that others supermod team would give me permission to used their hard work in my mod just like that! What would be the point of putting such a tremendous amount of work if it is only to put it in the junk yard to be dismantled in fragment.

Another important point is that if i spend my time only to implemented part of my mod in others supermods mean that my own mod would not progress and i think i am better off working toward completing my work first.

At the end if others supermod teams want to integrated some parts i am fine with that as long as they do it themselves and give proper credits.

Like i say before i already start U-BOOTTYPVIIC_HAHD it will be included in my mod as a sub mod that you will activated after switching from TYPIIA to TYPVIIC.

I hope i make myself clear enough because English is not my native language just want to make sure that my only goal is to give the community the best of my skills.

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 02:04 PM   #33
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear View Post
As much as I admire your obvious skill and talent,its amazing what you have achieved
Isn't some of the detail a bit OTT at the start??
A lot of the 'Eye Candy' seems a bit wasted on the dockside,you don't actually spend that much time there so why go overboard on detailing it
You mentioned that the high detail precludes this from being added to other super mods,perhaps if some of the detail was toned down a bit it might not be such a problem
Your work truely deserves a wider audience,and compatibility with other 'Supermods' would give it the audience it rightly deserves
You have a rare talent and much skill,it needs to be properly appreciated by as many as possible
Hi nikbear,

Thank for your appreciation and the reason for such advanced details is because i have a special love relationship with the Wilhelmshaven base for me it is a very special place that why i put a lot of work on it.

But in the future if my health keep on holding i will do others harbor and subpen to, not to say that i don't appreciated what others excellent modders already have done but it all a matter of visual taste and i will push the bar further.

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 03:44 PM   #34
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
An epic work

Hello Hans,

This one man’s show is unbelievable.

I worry a little bit for you, because you mentioned already death and possible health problems (post #33 …if my health keep on holding.......post #5 …if I don’t die in the process…), and I hope the best for you.

Like you create Wilhelmshaven just because you like it and you have your personal reasons, I suggest continuing create what you like more.

I mean, if you prefer IX U-boot more than the V, so go create the IX, or the XXI, or whatever is your preference.

Personal emotional involvement is a guaranty for success.

After 5 years playing SH3, I will do for the first time a complete campaign with IIA (unless I will be sunk…) because you gave me reason to do that.

Thank you very much Sir.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 04:15 PM   #35
BellJack95
Bosun

Downloads: 149

Hans, your work is amazing. Thank you for including in the videos the comparision with GWX3 and your mod to help show the graphical improvements made with your mod. Keep up the good work and good luck on your continued modding.
BellJack95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 04:37 PM   #36
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT View Post
Hello Hans,

This one man’s show is unbelievable.

I worry a little bit for you, because you mentioned already death and possible health problems (post #33 …if my health keep on holding.......post #5 …if I don’t die in the process…), and I hope the best for you.

Like you create Wilhelmshaven just because you like it and you have your personal reasons, I suggest continuing create what you like more.

I mean, if you prefer IX U-boot more than the V, so go create the IX, or the XXI, or whatever is your preference.

Personal emotional involvement is a guaranty for success.

After 5 years playing SH3, I will do for the first time a complete campaign with IIA (unless I will be sunk…) because you gave me reason to do that.

Thank you very much Sir.
Hi NGT,

Thank for your support my only goal is to make people happy with my work and for my health don't worry about that i still have some mana left

Hope you will have some good time playing with U-BOOTTYPIIA_HAHD and my mod will be constantly update with new add on in the future.

Best regards

Old 01-30-11, 04:41 PM   #37
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95 View Post
Hans, your work is amazing. Thank you for including in the videos the comparision with GWX3 and your mod to help show the graphical improvements made with your mod. Keep up the good work and good luck on your continued modding.

Hi BellJack95,

Thank very kind from you, the only reason i show comparison is to people to see the difference because sometime some mod show some very light modification that are almost unnoticeable.

I just hope the GWX teams are not mad at me because i have great respect for those people

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 05:52 PM   #38
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

excellent work Still not enough to get me back to SH3 though SH5 is it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 06:07 PM   #39
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
excellent work Still not enough to get me back to SH3 though SH5 is it
Hi TheDarkWraith,

Thank for your appreciation mate but for me since the beginning i am hook to the classic one just like i still play my old DOS games

You did a tremendous job yourself on sh5 and i respect that even if i couldn't get hook on sh5 but only a fool say never only time will tell.

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 07:29 PM   #40
Victor Schutze
Chief

Downloads: 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi TheDarkWraith,

Thank for your appreciation mate but for me since the beginning i am hook to the classic one just like i still play my old DOS games

You did a tremendous job yourself on sh5 and i respect that even if i couldn't get hook on sh5 but only a fool say never only time will tell.

Best regards Hans
Just like you Hans i respect those hooked on SH5 such as TheDarkWraith. He seems to do a good job to try to improve it. It seems to be a long hard job though...

As for me, i only play SH3 with GWX and numerous mods .
I prefer the sim feeling of SH3/GWX than the eye candy of SH5. But that's just me. You don't have to agree with me.

SH5 is a no go for me until it has a campaign comparable to SH3 and the online protection system is totally removed.
Victor Schutze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 07:34 PM   #41
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Hans you've blown me away with those video's amazing work.
I don't think I'd ever get out of dock though, just soo much good stuff to look at .

Well done mate
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 07:54 PM   #42
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Schutze View Post
Just like you Hans i respect those hooked on SH5 such as TheDarkWraith. He seems to do a good job to try to improve it. It seems to be a long hard job though...

As for me, i only play SH3 with GWX and numerous mods .
I prefer the sim feeling of SH3/GWX than the eye candy of SH5. But that's just me. You don't have to agree with me.

SH5 is a no go for me until it has a campaign comparable to SH3 and the online protection system is totally removed.
Hi Victor,

Same over here mate since i am a modder myself any others modder deserved my respect even if we don't agree on few game preference.

But let's not forget to that game are made to have fun not to start another war

For me sh3 is the father and sh4 the mother and sh5 the illegitimate son

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 07:59 PM   #43
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hans you've blown me away with those video's amazing work.
I don't think I'd ever get out of dock though, just soo much good stuff to look at .

Well done mate
Hi mate,

Now you understand why i was not posting to much on the forum all that time

It is not even in the finish state but the bulk load is finally done so U-BOOTTYPIIA_HAHD soon to be on your desktop.

And some will be in for a shock when they will enter the interior for the first time i even think that i won't release any vid or pic of the interior and simply launch the mod for all to be surprised

Best regards Hans

Old 01-30-11, 08:16 PM   #44
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
@ Hans Witteman:

Simply, I´m speechless. When watching the videos, I think in the poor and boring SH5...

Hans, you maked the SH6!!! SH3 seems an all new subsim. It´s awesome. Congratulations!

Of course, I´ll have a new installation of SH3 for your mod. But - as all the friends tell you - all we want to know if some aspects of the new mod will be applicable to other supermods (GWX, LSH3...). I think all the friends want the environment part of your fantastic mod, and the Wilhelmshaven constructions.

The memorial for the subsimers in eternal patrol is a great great detail.

Now, some questions:

The environment is a 8 Km, 16 km or some other range?

When you tell about the widescreen resolution...Use you some patch for that? SH3 in stock resolution appears elongated (oval periscope, etc), in a WS monitor.

You know: all we want the new mod, but also we want "parts" of your mod for other installations of SH3. How to play with a Type VIIC without your graphics candies? After your mod, for me it´s impossible return to SH3...All we want your new SH6 with the complete campaign and subs!!!

My best regards and take all the time you need for finishing the mod (but we want the mod NOW!!!).

Fitzcarraldo
Hi Fitzcarraldo,

Thank for your support mate,

The environment for now it is 8 km but could be modify later to 16.

For the flat screen i don't have any patch i am just used with the little stretch on dials it doesn't botter me that much but again could be fix.

And for integrating in other mods is not my priority and logically that should be done by others mod teams if they want the asset in their mod and with multiple install it is a breeze to play the way you want

Best regards Hans

Old 01-31-11, 12:35 AM   #45
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Schutze View Post
Absolutely! People have different reasons for what they play, and should be encouraged to give them.

Quote:
On the other hand SH3's campaign doesn't compare to that of Aces Of The Deep.