SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-14, 09:53 AM   #3511
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
what mean ''PR guys'' ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Great post, we'll said !!!!
Just so we're clear, Areo was given an official warning from a moderator for his comments. He had a little more to say the next day, but he hasn't posted in this thread for more than three weeks. I see no reason to bring this up again after so much time has passed. If anyone comes back with a similar attack rest assured we will handle it.
Old 01-24-15, 01:22 PM   #3512
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

May we hope that one day we will be able to try this great mod. It seems so innovative ! When I saw the presentation videos, I was stunned. So I was wondering if the authors were still working on it.

Good luck to you, dear passionates of underwater simulation !!!
And congratulations for all your efforts !

Fahnenbohn
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-15, 01:44 PM   #3513
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

The team has put this project on hold in favor of making a new game due to the severe constraints of the SH3 game engine.
we may still return to HAHD but it is not in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by desertstriker; 01-24-15 at 02:00 PM.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 07:52 AM   #3514
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

so sad. i always search for news on that every month. nothing about the new project ATWAR since a year.

so guys, its like i said. finishing the hahd mod would have been hard but possible. creating a new game from scratch with a modding team...unrealistic, but possible if you make it professional with setting up a business plan, found a official firm and raise money. you do not go straight forward if u just release big words.

as i mentioned, that is the way to go, i was blamed as many others in just giving "bad carma" to the project. it was just an objective view on things as it looks now.

disappointing

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 10:37 AM   #3515
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

A shame. So much hard work. Feel for the whole team. Hope you guys can salvage something from the project and move in some positive direction.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 12:06 PM   #3516
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

I agree with you, guys. It is a very difficult task to achieve. But in a sense, I understand the authors. When we continually improve the basic game, it inevitably ends up against its own limitations (ie the game code itself). Then we feel the ability to improve it, we want to start from scratch and do everything ourself.

Why not, but what a challenge !!! I think it will take many long years to achieve a result, and how much opportunities to abandon ! In the end, the game will never be perfect, we always want to improve it. And thinking that finally the HAHD project would be more reasonable than the ATWAR project, this is accepting somehow fail. So we will present later the culmination of the project by saying that we will eventually get there, and the authors will eventually get discouraged and give up. And neither HAHD project nor ATWAR project will have emerged ...

This is only my opinion, perhaps (and I hope) that I'm wrong.
I would like to have the opinion of the authors of ATWAR project and those who work on it.

Best regards

F.
Old 01-25-15, 12:07 PM   #3517
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

With ATWAR we are still working but things are slow.
As with salvaging something if you go over to the LSH thread and read in the last few pages you will see Makman said something about the HAHD GUI

Here is his post
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1062

Thank you Fahnenbohn
At risk of getting yelled at there is power behind a Source code/SDK. There is a game even older then SH3 called FreeSpace2 but has been modded to the point that in many respects even the original campaign isn't the one that was released in 1999. The difference? The developing company Volition released the SDK. Without that the past 15 years of work would have never been possible...legally.

Could you imagine what could be accomplished with SH3 with such a tool?
Old 01-25-15, 01:03 PM   #3518
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

With people as passionate as you, if the source code of SH3 was released, I can imagine only the best things in the world !

LSH v6 ... my God ... but I was forgetting !! Is it a completely separate project, or are there any links between ATWAR and it ??
Old 01-25-15, 01:12 PM   #3519
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

No links. But the HAHD_GUI I felt was worth mentioning. Speculate how you will with Makman mentioning the adjustments to said GUI.