SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-16, 11:53 AM   #286
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 0

The deck of the submarine lot like of deck of VIIc Camo Rusty Konrad Krum, but this on the turm is different
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 03:07 AM   #287
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
The deck of the submarine lot like of deck of VIIc Camo Rusty Konrad Krum, but this on the turm is different
It would be desirable this option which on the picture. But.. it is possible in more detail about deck of VIIc Camo Rusty Konrad Krum? Links, for example..
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 03:48 AM   #288
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

From Plisskens server ,folder Konrad Krum

In this case deck is from Konrams mod,but turm deck is from Fubar med camo mod

Last edited by ivanov.ruslan; 03-02-16 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-02-16, 02:18 PM   #289
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

You may have this already this has many nuances including wintergartens variations. So far have not found Octogon slats. Only longitudinal Planks. http://amp.rokket.biz/docs/vii_modifications.pdf
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 02:32 PM   #290
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Ops.interesting !
Old 03-02-16, 02:41 PM   #291
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Default U427

U427

I will search through my books etc.

Regards,

MLF
Old 03-02-16, 03:48 PM   #292
Wise
Engineer

Thanks, guys. I have already made.. approximately similar, like here.

Work is continued.
Old 03-02-16, 03:57 PM   #293
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Really nice! Great job
Old 03-02-16, 06:05 PM   #294
MLF
Weps

Looks really good, Alex. Well done
Looking at the photo I posted above, aren't there 9 - 10 slats? You have 6 which seems to conform to the photo you posted. Unfortunately, having looked through everything I have, I cannot find any more photographs of the configuration. Possibly only used on U401 to U430 built at Danziger Werft AG???

Regards,

MLF

Last edited by MLF; 03-03-16 at 05:29 AM.
MLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 01:17 AM   #295
Wise
Engineer

@ MLF Unfortunately, there are no extremely accurate photos. On each photo the part of the deck is hidden or badly distinguishable. Therefore, I am sometimes compelled to use intuition partially. But I think, do not worry strongly about it. The obvious fact that various designs of boats (decks, holes, etc.) during war there was a set. Some boats were probably modernized in urgently, i.e. not according to the standard scheme. Besides, production of boats of this kind (Turm 2, 2 antiaircraft guns), was a short time. Eventually, I think if there are any discrepancies, then insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post

When you take the models of Simon alias NZSnowman (who is well known in the U-Boat community for his extremely detailed works and the necessary high amount of research) and simply reduce the polycount, shouldn't you at least show the minimum respect by giving credit to him?

I am shocked.. I even don't know what to say..
When you make bold to accuse publicly people of something, you, at least, have to have proofs.
Mmm…
Mister v-i-c-, with you everything is all right? You have a mad fever or you just are badly brought up?
Why you dare to accuse people, WITHOUT POSSESSING "PROOFS"? At you it is accepted, as norm?
First, be kind, to explain, who such Simon? For example, I don't know either Simon, either you. Or you consider, that if your Simon is known by you, others are obliged to know him too?
Secondly, Where "proofs" of your charges? Around the world only your Simon is able to do extremely detailed works? You have together with Simon a megalomania? Provide here, please, iron arguments for protection of your courageous charges. How much time you need for this purpose?
If you don't have them, then you need, at least, to apologize, if, of course, you a worthy and courageous person, and not the shameful coward.
Old 03-04-16, 01:26 AM   #296
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post

When you take the models of Simon alias NZSnowman (who is well known in the U-Boat community for his extremely detailed works and the necessary high amount of research) and simply reduce the polycount, shouldn't you at least show the minimum respect by giving credit to him?

I looked at NZSnowman's FUMB-26 3D model, and it has whole sections that Wise's one doesn't have. They're quite clearly different.

Where are the wires on the bottom on Wise's model? They aren't there, as the two models are different.

The similarities between them are obviously a result of the two models being of the same thing.
Old 03-04-16, 01:33 AM   #297
Wise
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I looked at NZSnowman's FUMB-26 3D model, and it has whole sections that Wise's one doesn't have.
FUMB-26, not my model. Sphere. I only optimized it for game.
By the way, during creation of model, besides reference books, Sphere used this photo including.
Old 03-04-16, 03:39 AM   #298
MLF
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
@ MLF Unfortunately, there are no extremely accurate photos. On each photo the part of the deck is hidden or badly distinguishable. Therefore, I am sometimes compelled to use intuition partially. But I think, do not worry strongly about it. The obvious fact that various designs of boats (decks, holes, etc.) during war there was a set. Some boats were probably modernized in urgently, i.e. not according to the standard scheme. Besides, production of boats of this kind (Turm 2, 2 antiaircraft guns), was a short time. Eventually, I think if there are any discrepancies, then insignificant.
I do agree and understand. There seem to be so many variants of the same class - depending on the builder and I expect on who in the shipyard was doing the job at the time On your photo there would appear to be six so six it is

Regards,

MLF
Old 03-10-16, 08:26 AM   #299
Sphere
Watch

Downloads: 32

Hi for all
Work boils. Simply I live in the huge country and being in business trip, I not always have access to the Internet.
Time of news.
News good, very good and there are some problems.

You really think, aerial "Honduras" is a wire + a wire and three wooden boards nailed to a mast? It appears, the aerial consists of cable boxes, screws, nails, a heap of wires, metal brackets, and insulators.
Aerial "Honduras":
full length of 2,8 metres (9 foots 2,23 inches),
width of 0,48 metres (~18.8 inches),
a mast, wooden bar 45х45мм (~1,77х1,77 inch).
Not optimised 5515 triangles.

The last half of year I searched for the information on aerial FuMB Ant.11 "Fingerantenne". Searches have crowned success. On a screen you can see as it looked. According to the commission report "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Rotterdam" (AGR), submarines with this aerial floated till the end of April, 1944. (As, during this period of time aerial "CUBAII" was applied, but I about this aerial have not found anything. I know that it has been adapted for a high pressure, close explosion of bombs, mounted on a bridge protection). Then the aerial have replaced on FuMB Ant.24 "Fliege". But, in game by this time we will have complex Tunis as it looks you already know.

Naxos with aerial "Fingerantenne" on test assemblage.

I will add.
Reading commission reports (AGR), I have come to a conclusion that for submarines a radar and radiation detectors did in the latest turn. In other words that is not necessary in aircraft or surface fleet it is possible to give it to submariners. With aerial FuMB Ant.11 an interesting story. It not particularly aerial, is the high-frequency filter and the detector (diode). This filter was applied as a part of complex FuMB28 and other devices FuMB with receivers Naxos. The filter took place between the aerial and the receiver. However, if on a filter input attach the small vibrator it can to work as the detector of radiation of an enemy radar. In underwater fleet this filter have started to use as the independent aerial of the directed type with the receiver Naxos. During the further researches it has been established that if to remove the high-frequency filter between the aerial and the detector increases voltage on an exit. As a result, have made the simple aerial with a reflector, a small horizontal dipole and the diode - aerial "Fliege".

Both aerials has made.

The archive with models of aerials has sent Wise.

About guns. The altered gun carriage for 20 mm guns. Scale 1:1. It is made under drawings, schemes, photos. Gun animation is changed, (as it was in a reality). Animation shifting a gun in a parking position is added. Compensator bar animation is added (only for Flak30), the gun carriage for Flak38 has no compensator bar, only a balancer.
In realities, a post of the operator of gun Flak30 was to the left of a gun. I have made model of a gun carriage as in a reality. But, in game, the operator has right-hand orientation. As a result of tests it was necessary to make gun carriage model mirror right-hand.

From the program, without small details and a gun. Handles are simplified for tests.

Intragame tests of the new sizes of gun carriages and animation.

Who be knows, probably to add on page of crew of a fields (without graphic objects) connected with crew commands "Man_the_flak_gun", "Man_the_deck_and_flak_guns", "Watch_crew"?
These commands are necessary for gun animation in position Safe and Ready.
For example, if twice to click in the field "Flak" or to drag an icon of the seaman, the crew is appointed to a post, but the command passes directly to a game kernel (it seems to me), the command "Man_the_flak_gun" is not generated. It is necessary that the command "Man_the_flak_gun" was simultaneously generated, it is possible? Or this variant is obviously impracticable?
Or to create the program an interceptor generating necessary commands when the player shows activity in supervised id crew pages?

All greetings.

P.S.
Without comments. In progress.

Personally for V_I_C
V_I_C You are mistaken. I am not engaged in a piracy and assignment of another's works. Yes I saw a theme where the author spread screenshots and links on model. The only thing that at us with NZSnowman identical, is a small horn framework. This decision was easier for modelling and in game polygonal loading less.
I made all models in Inventor10 and AutoCad2007. From zero. Only drawings and photos of real devices have been used.
Here a screen from the program inventor10. Will pay the attention to the stack of parts. In it there are no import pieces of models.

Sphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 08:12 PM   #300
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

where have you been all these years guys ?

a big bravo to all of you , absolutely amazing work here !!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote