SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-12, 07:18 AM   #31
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Uploads: 0
Default Hello Rubini

I enjoy this mod very much. Yesterday I had to go to the coast of Florida and this mod got me through that long trip. I would like to know if you have the updated version available that you talk about in post #28. I would like to have it. Also How do you make to where you can dive the boat deeper during the sonar checks when the script is running?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 10:00 AM   #32
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I enjoy this mod very much. Yesterday I had to go to the coast of Florida and this mod got me through that long trip. I would like to know if you have the updated version available that you talk about in post #28. I would like to have it. Also How do you make to where you can dive the boat deeper during the sonar checks when the script is running?
Hi J0313,

Thanks by the feedback!
The new version is already ready on my HD ... I promisse that I will find a time to release it soon. The more important new feature, IMO, is that the image recon routine is now adjusted by the user making this routine also available for any GUI.
Anyhow, I didn't understood what you mean here "Also How do you make to where you can dive the boat deeper during the sonar checks when the script is running?" Can you explain again?
Old 05-07-12, 12:26 PM   #33
J0313
Grey Wolf

Default Rubini.

I am sorry that i was a little vague. What I mean is When the script is running and the boat dives for a hydro-check, it dives to around 20 meters. I would like it to dive to around 35 to 40 meters. Sorry about not being to clear on that. I am not very patient when it comes to typing.
Old 05-07-12, 01:04 PM   #34
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Here the addtions and fixes for the next version:

1. refined the "IFs" on main loop, refined the entire code a bit more
2. added TC=0 for Anykey and Break
3. adjusted uboat speed accordingly when unpause (for surfaced and submerged state)
4. adjusted the image search frequency (the script will be much more smart in detect images now)
5. fixed enemy image recon detection (.bmp e coord.), task forces will now be detected too.
6. added TC control on the fly! (not more needed to adjust it on the .ini)
7. added keyboard key behaviour press (all paused or not) on the fly!
8. added new image recon for fog sighted (16x) (for H.sie&Stiebler´s mod users)
9. added player configurable image recon for any GUI!
10. added submerged and surfaced time length factors adjustables by player (LGN1 requestion)
11. adjusted the actions time length (they are almost the same now for any TC)
12. added player configurable dive time for shallow or deep hydro checks (J0313 suggestion)
Soon!

Last edited by Rubini; 05-07-12 at 02:45 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 01:07 PM   #35
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I am sorry that i was a little vague. What I mean is When the script is running and the boat dives for a hydro-check, it dives to around 20 meters. I would like it to dive to around 35 to 40 meters. Sorry about not being to clear on that. I am not very patient when it comes to typing.
Ok, now I understood. I will add this feature on the new upcoming version as it is really a good idea. Thanks by the suggestion!
Old 05-07-12, 02:44 PM   #36
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Sorry for followed posts.

-Here the complete keyboard control keys for the upcoming version.
-Note that it will work normally with default values.

Pause/Break=> pause/unpause the script (the same as old version)
Alt+Pause/Break=> reset script (the same as old version)
Crt+Alt+Pause/Break=> exit app (the same as old version)

-The below is for advanced users or for guys that want to tweak the script.
-All these commands works on the fly, I mean, with the game and script running, not need to pause or go out of the game or from script

Alt+1=> force TC=128 (game&script)
Alt+2=> force TC=256 (game&script)
Alt+5=> force TC=512 (game&script)
Alt+0=> force TC=1024 (game&script)

Alt+7=> force hydrocheck depth to ~25m
Alt+8=> force hydrocheck depth to ~50m
Alt+9=> force hydrocheck depth to ~75m

Alt+k=> toggle between "any command key press will pause the game&script" or "only will pause the script"

-All the others new features described in the above posts are defined on the .ini only.
Old 05-07-12, 05:45 PM   #37
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Me again, sorry!

Version 1.1 released.
Link available on the first post.

Please read the readme...the script is now very complex (but yet very easy to use). Let me know any problem. If someone needs more explanations on how adapt it to any GUI image recon just ask.

IMHO, using the script without the image recon is just half use of it´s power.

Good hunting!
Old 05-08-12, 06:32 PM   #38
J0313
Grey Wolf

Default Help Rubini

Hello Rubini. I downloaded the new version this morning. I am having trouble with it though. I installed it just like the old version but now I cant get the parameters to open up so I can change them. The script runs though. Any thoughts on this. I use SH3 Com so I start the game through that than alt-tab out and start the patrol script.
Old 05-08-12, 07:54 PM   #39
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hello Rubini. I downloaded the new version this morning. I am having trouble with it though. I installed it just like the old version but now I cant get the parameters to open up so I can change them. The script runs though. Any thoughts on this. I use SH3 Com so I start the game through that than alt-tab out and start the patrol script.
Check your script mod installation. All the adjustable parameters are in the file SH3_Script_v1.1.ini that must be on your SH3 root directory. Open it with the notepad and edit the parameters as you like. Let me know if you solve your problem or not.
Old 05-09-12, 07:11 AM   #40
J0313
Grey Wolf

Default Thanks Rubini

I figured it out. Thank you for helping me. I dont know what I was thinking. I was a little tired from work. When I make my return trip from the East Coast of the US I will let you know how everything works out.
Old 04-05-13, 06:58 AM   #41
J0313
Grey Wolf

Default Here it is Rubini.

Originally Posted by J0313
Hello Rubini. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am totally lost on how to use the image recon feature. I dont understand the instructions. I am not very computer literate. I have used the script ever since you released it and I never bothered with the image recon becouse I dont understand it. I use Magui 3.4 in 1920 x 1080. I know that sounds weird but for some reason I dont need the widescreen version. The regular version works just fine on my screen. Nothing is streched or out of place. I do use the hires fix along with it. I just change the d3d9 CFG and the main CFG in the SH III folder in my documents to 1920 x 1080.
So if you have a way to help me then I would appreciate it. But if you cant then I understand. Thank you Rubini and keep up the good work.
Old 04-05-13, 06:02 PM   #42
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hello Rubini. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am totally lost on how to use the image recon feature. I dont understand the instructions. I am not very computer literate. I have used the script ever since you released it and I never bothered with the image recon becouse I dont understand it. I use Magui 3.4 in 1920 x 1080. I know that sounds weird but for some reason I dont need the widescreen version. The regular version works just fine on my screen. Nothing is streched or out of place. I do use the hires fix along with it. I just change the d3d9 CFG and the main CFG in the SH III folder in my documents to 1920 x 1080.
So if you have a way to help me then I would appreciate it. But if you cant then I understand. Thank you Rubini and keep up the good work.
Hi J0313,

Thanks again to use this mod! And thanks to post feedbacks here.
I will reply yours questions in some hours as i had a really heavy busy RL day. I also will try to send you a beta of my last version in use, it´s finished , just not released. Stay tunned.
Old 04-05-13, 11:39 PM   #43
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Default new feature added

Quote:
Quote:
How do I change the default surface speed to ahead one third. I like to conserve fuel. Right now I am running a Type 9D2 with the 10th Flotilla and I have to go all the way to GR 93. Loooong Trip! Thanks Rubini. I already addded it to the commands.
Below a link for an updated version that have now commands for change the surface cruise speed (to better fuel consume on long trips if needed). Thanks J0313 by the idea!

usage:
-You can change the script surface speed by pressing:
ALT+q= ahead slow
ALT+w= ahead one thrird
ALT+e= ahead standard.

No need to change anything at the .ini file, just use the new "SH3_LongPatrol_Script_v1.1surfspeed.exe" instead the old one, and these new commands will be disposable.

-Note that if you reset the script in game (ALT+Pause/break) the surface speed will return to "ahead standard" again, so adjust it as you like again "on the fly", and so on.
- you can change this at any time , it will not hurt anything than the surfaced speed of the script.

SH3_LongPatrol_Script_v1.1surfspeed.exe link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ofggjfffuf7h9td

Last edited by Rubini; 04-06-13 at 07:01 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 10:03 AM   #44
der_marc
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Hi,

i tested today your version 1.1 of the Long Patrol Script
and found a certain strange behaviour on my XXI:
Everytime the sub dives it wents down to far below 120m.
It depends on the ALT+7 to ALT+9, on the first one it is
going down to 120m to 130m on the last one 190 to 220m.
After a while the sub comes up to the desired depth of 25 or 75m.
Maybe its just me, but this looks strange to me.

Before you wonder, my XXI is a "little" faster then the normal XXI, but
that should not change the diving depth in such a extrem manner.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Is there a option in the ini to switch back on radar after diving?

I am playing without gwx or any other big mods, just stock sh3 .

Greetings
der_marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 11:09 AM   #45
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_marc View Post
Hi,

i tested today your version 1.1 of the Long Patrol Script
and found a certain strange behaviour on my XXI:
Everytime the sub dives it wents down to far below 120m.
It depends on the ALT+7 to ALT+9, on the first one it is
going down to 120m to 130m on the last one 190 to 220m.
After a while the sub comes up to the desired depth of 25 or 75m.
Maybe its just me, but this looks strange to me.

Before you wonder, my XXI is a "little" faster then the normal XXI, but
that should not change the diving depth in such a extrem manner.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Is there a option in the ini to switch back on radar after diving?

I am playing without gwx or any other big mods, just stock sh3 .

Greetings
Thanks to try the mod mate!
I never tested it with type XXI, but yes the dive depth is time related (so speed ralated) as we have not a command to put the uboat at a specific depth (just changing the dials with the mouse). This is why this is a sensible feature on the mod. In the .ini you have a default setting for this "time" diving:

divefactor=1.0 ;will define the depth for hydrocheck, you can add any positive decimal number, suggested interval from 0.35 to 1.5 (will result in 25 to 75m deep, almost equal for any TC). Note that this is more sensible than others settings, so try it at very small steps. Adjustable on the fly by Alt+7(0.39), Alt+8(1.0). Alt+9(1.5)

If the deafult is too shallow rise the number, if it is too deep lower the number.

Now about the radar. I didn´t add any radar command to the script because it can make you more easy to be detected. But I can make it and optional. Let me know what command key you use to start the radar in continuous sweep that i will add this feature (optional) to the script in some minutes. Can you then teste it for me?

Edited: anyway you always can just turn on the radar and continues the script. It will be only turned off when you desire it and so on.