SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-31-16, 04:48 AM   #106
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingenj View Post
When I read about this - and realized he actually moved to Sweden to follow up on this project - that's when I was completely sold.
And I had completely decided a few years ago I had done enough traveling and would never fly again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
As a guy much more interested in the American submarines than the German ones, I wish this were about American boats. But realistically, if this is to be a success, it must succeed in the European market. That means U-boats.

It's great to see Neal put his money and his body where his mouth is. It's great to see a team of programmers whose main interest is submarines, not FPV shooters.

I love the idea of a cooperative game where players take stations in the submarine to perform those specific tasks. I think the key to making that happen is whether the guy with an hour to burn can jump to the sonar station of a boat already in action without disrupting the play of the other characters already there, and whether they can jump back out after they run out of time without disrupting the other guys playing in that boat.

Guys with no life have to integrate in a positive way with guys who steal an hour from an otherwise busy life, popping in and out of the game. Both sets have to be equally happy to play.

Looks like that's the direction you're headed! I hope you sell lots of games that people are dedicated to for ten years, and that you use some of the profits to produce a game about American submarines.

Hi Steve, if you are in this thread it means we are moving in the right direction.

Quick question, have you played the demo with three other players yet?
Old 08-02-16, 09:50 AM   #107
potus
Seaman

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Is the team keeping the 4 players concept? If i recall correct when listening to the developer Q & A it was mentioned that 5 or 6 might be the new minimum.
potus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 10:59 AM   #108
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Sticking with 4. Sure, it would be cool to have 6+ but how likely is it there would be many 6 man teams all ready to play at the same time...?
Old 08-02-16, 11:11 AM   #109
potus
Seaman

Downloads: 80

If it is well organized don't underestimate that chance though

but yeah sounds good that it is staying with the 4 players setup.
potus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 03:53 PM   #110
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
(...)how likely is it there would be many 6 man teams all ready to play at the same time...?
Uhm... two uboats cooperation here?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-16, 06:48 PM   #111
Rebel
Torpedoman

Downloads: 77
Default I am rebel

I came upon this post when I was looking around. I read about your adventure into being an entrepreneur. I don't recall reading anything about you needing any money. Which is a great way to start ,if you're going to be an entrepreneur. If you do read this post, I would like to offer my time freely to beta test your idea , of a good realistic submarine game . I am even willing to invest in what ever computer I might need to play. The one I have is at its limit with silent Hunter three-- GW X
being in the light
Old 09-04-16, 11:36 PM   #112
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

hi Rebel, thanks, we will definitively be checking with you when it's time to do some beta testing, sir.
Old 09-05-16, 04:51 AM   #113
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 55

I'm hoping beta versions will be available to the community to try out, now that it is no longer an option to contribute early on for access during the games development.
rentacow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 07:40 AM   #114
KlLLJOY
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Andrev View Post
As a guy much more interested in the Japanese submarines than the German ones (...)

Hope devs & Neal make this game moddable, so American, British, Japanese, Italian, Russian or "Surcouf" career will be possible to implement by modders and play.
Oh god yes, I'd be the first to mod the hell out of this game
KlLLJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 07:46 AM   #115
KlLLJOY
Swabbie

Quote:
Sticking with 4. Sure, it would be cool to have 6+ but how likely is it there would be many 6 man teams all ready to play at the same time...?
Having different scale u boats with different advantages and disadvantages and optimal crew size (small -4) (large +4) that might solve this, but I have no information on the capabilities of the team, but if modding will be a thing then that might be a option

Last edited by KlLLJOY; 09-23-16 at 08:42 AM.
KlLLJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 10:49 AM   #116
Cheripok
Nub

Downloads: 11
Icon10 an interesting time to return

I've just popped by for the first time in ages and look at that news! If a quality subsim is in the pipeline that plays without the endless headaches of the Silent Hunter games then I'm a happy fellow. Good luck to all involved. (Personally I prefer they type IX but lets not be picky). Back to trying to get SH4 to stop crashing in the meantime...again.
Cheripok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 01:52 AM   #117
subunit
Watch

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Are you guys looking at Pulsar: Lost Colony at all? It's a very similar basic concept- 5 man co-op crew operates a ship in station-based gameplay, runs around the interiors operating stuff/fighting fires etc. They have a drop-in drop-out model and it's usually no problem getting a 5 man public crew together on a weeknight, and this is in Beta. They also have bots, though. If credible bots can fill player slots, and there's decent drop-in drop-out functionality, I would hope for an upper limit of 6 or so on the crews.

Also I would like to echo Rockin Robbins and other in hoping for an eventual American boat expansion or the game being moddable to allow it. If I can finally run a proper Dick O'Kane tracking party on my bridge, I'll be happy as a clam.
subunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 05:19 PM   #118
DGJ
Swabbie

This is a GREAT idea.

I can't find it as early-access on steam yet, how do I support it right now?
DGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 03:08 PM   #119
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Ba-bam!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 11:31 AM   #120
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300