SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-08, 02:33 PM   #31
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

i was thinking...maybe it would be possible, for the controllable turrets, to control the entire forward battery? i think that would be cool, and have the viewpoint switch to the fire director atop the bridge?
is it even remotely possible to do this? or are we trapped using one turret?

EDIT: for your flak guns destroyed thing where they disappear, the crew proly got fed up with the shambled, pressed metal modern art masterpeices sitting atop the deck and cast them overboard
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 02:48 PM   #32
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
i was thinking...maybe it would be possible, for the controllable turrets, to control the entire forward battery? i think that would be cool, and have the viewpoint switch to the fire director atop the bridge?

EDIT: for your flak guns destroyed thing where they disappear, the crew proly got fed up with the shambled, pressed metal modern art masterpeices sitting atop the deck and cast them overboard
Like a sub, which this is once you make it, you can have two deck guns but you can only play one, so that is why there is only one "DeckGun". As for the view, I know you can move the view, in fact on one ship I was asked to move it a little higher. I imagine you could put it anywhere you want, never tried it.

As for the guns overboard, you are probably right.:rotfl:.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 03:00 PM   #33
pozine
Gunner

Downloads: 26

the iowa is unsinkable because in the zon file, the iowa's armor is set at 96cm i reduce it at 60 cm and it looks better, you can be killed at medium distances

also, the turrets of the iowa can be destroyed if a bb hit them.

how can i insert an image?
pozine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 03:06 PM   #34
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

you need a photobucket or imageshack account. then use the direct link they give you and use
[img] (image link)
[/img] to end it, and it should work
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Old 08-15-08, 03:48 PM   #35
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozine
the iowa is unsinkable because in the zon file, the iowa's armor is set at 96cm i reduce it at 60 cm and it looks better, you can be killed at medium distances

also, the turrets of the iowa can be destroyed if a bb hit them.

how can i insert an image?
The zone files are exactly the way they were on the 'in game' Iowa which can be sunk,the problem is with the zone locations because it has been changed to a sub. I did not make any change to the thickness of the armor.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 08-16-08, 05:51 PM   #36
Eagle1_Division
Bosun

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427

Like a sub, which this is once you make it, you can have two deck guns but you can only play one, so that is why there is only one "DeckGun". As for the view, I know you can move the view, in fact on one ship I was asked to move it a little higher. I imagine you could put it anywhere you want, never tried it.

As for the guns overboard, you are probably right.:rotfl:.

Peabody
Here's an Idea: the Iowa's guns are laid out like this(like your looking at it from the side): \back|(5x 2x5in)|Front|Very Front /
How about writing it so the Back and very front guns are deck guns, while the front and 5in guns are "Flak". there isn't a number limit on FlaK, is there?
Eagle1_Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 07:17 PM   #37
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

only two Flak guns are allowed at one time, methinks, but with 1.5 and ubm theres the three, so who knows?

to peabody. ive tried my hardest, and could not get the iowa to work as selectable on the campaign mode, i get it to be selected, i have flotillas laid out, and i have everything set, same thing i did with my November. i selected the BB...and hit Start Career...CTD how many times did i have to load my game before i gave up? i gave up counting after 12 i think....maybe we should talk to xantrokoles
(big nudge there Xantro) to see if he cant help us get it working. he got the graf spee/ Scheer BB to work, so theres gotta be something he can do
Old 08-16-08, 07:36 PM   #38
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1_Division
Here's an Idea: the Iowa's guns are laid out like this(like your looking at it from the side): \back|(5x 2x5in)|Front|Very Front /
How about writing it so the Back and very front guns are deck guns, while the front and 5in guns are "Flak". there isn't a number limit on FlaK, is there?
There is only a limit on 'playable' guns. You can have any number of guns. But in order to be user controlled, you have to trick the game into thinking it is a submarine Deck gun. And you can have two deck guns on a sub, but only one can be 'playable' With the flack I have seen three playable, I don't know if that is the limit or not. If I understand you right you want to turn some into flak guns so they can be playable? I suppose it might be possible, never tried it. I don't know what the specifications are to have it considered a 'flak gun'.
But for the part to make the front and back deck guns, there is no reason to do that. I didn't mean you can only play one at a time. You can only select one to be playable, you can't pick the one you want in the game, it has to be written that way. If there is a way to make both playable, I never heard about it.

Peabody

Old 09-26-08, 05:01 PM   #39
kondor999
Watch

Downloads: 38

Thanks so much for this. Even though I will always love the Yamato most (mainly for its almost alien and decidedly non-western "look"), even I have to admit that this is the greatest BB ever made in terms of pure fighting ability.

Totally OT here, but does it break anyone else's heart that the IJN just wasted the Yamato like that over Okinawa? I mean - the biggest BB of all time, gorgeous to look at and totally unlike anything before or since - and they just throw it away. What a magnificent war memorial it would have made.

Anyway, I'd have given anything to see it for real. Just once.
kondor999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 01:12 AM   #40
kwbgjh2
Bosun

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondor999
Thanks so much for this. Even though I will always love the Yamato most (mainly for its almost alien and decidedly non-western "look"), even I have to admit that this is the greatest BB ever made in terms of pure fighting ability.

Totally OT here, but does it break anyone else's heart that the IJN just wasted the Yamato like that over Okinawa? I mean - the biggest BB of all time, gorgeous to look at and totally unlike anything before or since - and they just throw it away. What a magnificent war memorial it would have made.

Anyway, I'd have given anything to see it for real. Just once.

First of all the Yamato was the ship of the Emperor. No member of the japanese admrality would have taken the responsibility for a possible sinking in the early war. Since 1943 the Yamato got more and more deployments. The "waste at Okinawa" was the result of the fate of Yamato's sistership Musashi.
Although the Musashi was in her last stage of extension a swimming AA platform it was sunk by airplanes.

After 1942 BB's were just no longer state of the art. And the ironic part of history was that the Japanese themselves demonstrated this by sinking the HMS Prince of Wales and the HMS Repulse with just planes in Dec, 1941.
Btw: Even the Americans used the capital battleships after the huge carrier victory of Midway mostly just as swimming artillery to support landing operations.

kwbgjh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 02:41 PM   #41
MMFN Lindsay
Nub

Downloads: 0

So i went and dowloaded the file.. now what do i do? i know this probably seems like a dumb question.. but ive never dowloaded a patch like this
MMFN Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 03:19 PM   #42
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMFN Lindsay
So i went and dowloaded the file.. now what do i do? i know this probably seems like a dumb question.. but ive never dowloaded a patch like this
Welcome, there are no dumb questions, unless you ask the same question 25 times then it becomes a dumb question.

First it was written with SH4 with the Uboat add on (version 1.5) so if you only have 1.4, it probably won't work.

If you don't have it, you will need Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. (JSGME for short) You can get it here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

Read the directions, it need to go in your SilentHunter folder. It creates a mod folder and make sure you make a snapshot of your files with it before you do any MODS.

Then extract the Iowa into the MODS folder that was created. When you run JSGME the Iowa will show on the left side, move it to the right side by selecting it and click the arrow. Start SH4 and choose one of the Single Mission (called Quick Missions in the game, but the folder they are in is SingleMissions, for some reason Ubi doesn't like to use the same name twice anywhere)

There are two quick missions included. Iowa test and Safety is that way. Select one, make sure the Iowa is selected in the list of available subs and start.

Peabody

Old 12-04-08, 03:49 PM   #43
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Quote:
=peabodyFirst it was written with SH4 with the Uboat add on (version 1.5) so if you only have 1.4, it probably won't work.Peabody
actually, it works well with 1.4 . be nice, tho, if there were some real missions for Iowa

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 04:27 PM   #44
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait
Quote:
=peabodyFirst it was written with SH4 with the Uboat add on (version 1.5) so if you only have 1.4, it probably won't work.Peabody
actually, it works well with 1.4 . be nice, tho, if there were some real missions for Iowa
Thanks Capt. I didn't have 1.4 to test it on. I set the ships aside when I started work on the Japanese Campaign intending to get back to it later, but then when they started the Surface ship super MOD I figured it would be taken care of so I didn't do any more with it.

Peabody

Old 12-05-08, 12:25 AM   #45
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

The Iowa Class BB will be included in T.S.W.S.M. v2
For a full list of warships to be in versions 1-4 click here

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote