SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-18, 06:16 AM   #811
Aarnoman
Seaman

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone!
Is there any way to solve the ship above horizon bug? I've just started a career out of Kiel on WAC plus the 5.0.1 patch and noticed all the distant ships are hovering quiet a bit.

Here is an example: https://imgur.com/a/3MZZS
Aarnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 09:26 AM   #812
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

That 'bug' decision was decided intentionally to avoid the square view when watching from heights:

Also the LOD, the rendered water distance makes some problems in SH3. So I created this environment for 5.0.

But you can use MEP also with WAC.

Last edited by HanSolo78; 03-01-18 at 09:36 AM.
HanSolo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:31 AM   #813
Aarnoman
Seaman

Hi Hansolo
Thank you, the issue is alleviated using MEP 6. Thank you for the quick response.
Old 03-04-18, 04:26 AM   #814
Ignaz Woll
Swabbie

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Is there a better way to download WAC 5 than 7zip? I get errors like “unexpected end of data” when 7zip finishes the extraction.

Yep, same here. Tried through the web and all other sites, but the problem stays. Fellow kaleuns, is there anything we are doing wrong?
Ignaz Woll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 04:40 AM   #815
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Try this selfextracting exe file from WAC5.01: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6o5ww...paign_5.01.exe
Old 03-04-18, 11:09 PM   #816
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Default Really irked

Just returned from my second patrol (1st one was just a shake-down cruise, so no ships sunk) in October '41, with over 138,000 tons of ships sunk . . . and have a total renown of -4,350.

Because in the dead of night, with reduced visibility, when I surfaced to engage (having expended all torpedoes) I return fired at the guns shooting at me in order to silence them. At one ship I fired once --once, mind you!-- and suddenly rechecked that target to realize it was a Chatham hospital ship.

I hit it once . . . it fired at me first . . . I hit it above the waterline, and started a small fire above deck at the very far end of the stern . . .

. . . it sank 2 hours later.

Evidently I took a massive negative renown shot for that. And I go out of my way to make sure to not even come close to hitting a hospital ship. But whyinhell is a hospital ship armed? And how did it manage to sink after a single 88mm hit above the waterline, abovedeck, at the end of the stern?

I feel seriously robbed here.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 08:54 AM   #817
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@schlechter pfennig

Well, it should not be that a ships sinks after one gun hit, but SH3 damage model sometimes is complicated.
In WAC5.0 I added the mod by TDW which adds fires to cause damage. So.. probably here is cause for the sinking ship.
The weapons should be removed for this hospital ship in the next patch.

@all

Any other bugs that should be fixed in the next patch?
Default SH3 bugs excluded.
Old 03-05-18, 10:44 AM   #818
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Ability in SH 3 commander to start patrols out of ports. Because now if you check it it doesint do anything.(And maybe it will fix other people crashing) In commander ability to bring back crew fatique. Yes its not greatly implemented the crew fatique but its better then nothing. Am I only one when I watch through external camera a fire my fps cut's in half or other particles. Make high tonnage targets who travel alone move faster like 13 knots.

Is it just me or the crew is always in nervous state when using Sh3 commander ( with Commander lite).

Noticed significant performance drop after loading up already started patrol.

[HTML] at 2048 its barely 5 and its stuttering before I could get about 50 fps. Its anoying problem and it may uncover why some people get crashes.

Before I could get over 100 fps.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition

Last edited by Niume; 03-05-18 at 12:53 PM.
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 02:26 PM   #819
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Just did "confirmation" test saved game while having sh3 commander. When Rollbacked and all of the problems I mentioned, except crew nervous are gone.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 02:49 AM   #820
Aarnoman
Seaman

Has anyone been having issues with TC not dropping when receiving radio reports? In my case, it seems to work fine in the torpedo training but will refuse to drop at all in career mode.

EDIT: My bad, turns out this was due to H.sie's "War news", part of the larger H.sie patch.

Last edited by Aarnoman; 03-10-18 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-18-18, 12:54 AM   #821
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Observations:

• many ships still run illuminated after they become hostile
  • all glass (ex. plane canopies, binocular lenses) has an odd green hue
  • crew do not leave their stations once their ship is "sunk"; they wind up riding the ship down under the waves as it sinks
  • the fireball effect seems to rise way too fast and dissipate way too fast; it's a beautiful effect and rather "realistic", except for its speed.
  • no noticeable diesel sounds, either inside or outside, the boat
  • lookouts not spotting planes or ships until they are making attacks, even in clear weather; several times I've actually had bombs dropped on me and still never had the lookouts call out that they've spotted anything
Old 03-18-18, 06:24 PM   #822
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@schlechter pfennig

-Can you tell me which nation and which ships?
-I know about the glas... that was intentionally.
-About the crew on skinking ships... that can be fixed with some of them easily
-The new explosion animations and smoke is limited technically.
-Exterior and interior diesel sounds are there... only some with full interior missing.. was reported too.
-Plane detection is still too early for my taste in WAC... planes should be more dangerous
Old 03-18-18, 08:08 PM   #823
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@schlechter pfennig

-Can you tell me which nation and which ships?
I'll have to start keeping notes, as it is quite a few ships and nationalities.

Quote:
@schlechter pfennig

-Exterior and interior diesel sounds are there... only some with full interior missing.. was reported too.
I'm not using the "Full Interior" mod, yet I still do not have very audible diesel sounds.

Quote:
@schlechter pfennig

-Plane detection is still too early for my taste in WAC... planes should be more dangerous
I quite agree that planes should be more dangerous. However, I've had several instances where, with no warning, I suddenly get a "We're under attack!" followed by bombs, depth charges and/or machine gun fire, yet neither before, during or after do the lookouts actually spot the attacker. This is easily verified by pressing the ">" key, which toggles through first your own U-boat and then any other spotted ships, boats and/or planes: immediately following the aforementioned attack(s), asking the WO for closest visual contact gets the response of "No visual contact", and toggling the ">" key only displays your U-boat.
Old 03-22-18, 09:09 PM   #824
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Default CTD during patrol and subsequent reload attempts

Having a bit of trouble during this one patrol I'm running, and it's VERY vexing.

Patrol starts in April 13, 1942. Twice now, in the same location (just west of Ireland) and the same day (April 21, 1942) the game just CTDs. I'm running a max TC of 128X, and am careful to watch for flutters/stutters that mean something is spawning nearby, and have seen no sign of that.

After it CTD-ed the first time, I made sure to save-game twice a day (at F2 station, on the surface, at least 50 Km from my last ship encounter, at TC 1x). Reloading saved games results in a CTD; it reaches the "initializing" screen, pauses there for several seconds before CTD (the error fault is listed as Simdata.dll). I have 14 saves for this patrol . . . only save 4 loads, all the others resulted in CTD. Game save 4 had ships sunk, and depth charge attacks on me, so it doesn't seem to be that. However, save 5 did have an aircraft shot down, so I wonder if that is what's causing the CTD.

It's frustrating to get a CTD twice, in the same location/date, and it's also frustrating with it seeming that shooting down an aircraft results in a CTD of a saved game.

Would this be investigated, please? If you want help checking files, etc., just contact me and I'll help!
Old 03-24-18, 05:28 AM   #825
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
Having a bit of trouble during this one patrol I'm running, and it's VERY vexing.

Patrol starts in April 13, 1942. Twice now, in the same location (just west of Ireland) and the same day (April 21, 1942) the game just CTDs. I'm running a max TC of 128X, and am careful to watch for flutters/stutters that mean something is spawning nearby, and have seen no sign of that.

After it CTD-ed the first time, I made sure to save-game twice a day (at F2 station, on the surface, at least 50 Km from my last ship encounter, at TC 1x). Reloading saved games results in a CTD; it reaches the "initializing" screen, pauses there for several seconds before CTD (the error fault is listed as Simdata.dll). I have 14 saves for this patrol . . . only save 4 loads, all the others resulted in CTD. Game save 4 had ships sunk, and depth charge attacks on me, so it doesn't seem to be that. However, save 5 did have an aircraft shot down, so I wonder if that is what's causing the CTD.

It's frustrating to get a CTD twice, in the same location/date, and it's also frustrating with it seeming that shooting down an aircraft results in a CTD of a saved game.

Would this be investigated, please? If you want help checking files, etc., just contact me and I'll help!
Hi guys
Same happend to me. I was in my 5th patrol and ctd. I reinsalled the game
and again ctd.

Please help!!

cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote