SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-08, 08:24 AM   #196
boneman
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Problem With The Sound Mod But.....................

Thanks for this great mod it is fantastic but i have one problem
i mis the interior sounds when i am in my sub how is this possible? someone know?
(i have red that the mod also has new interior sounds)
boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 11:26 AM   #197
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengle
Philipp the mod is great but i like to begin first with the 47 creak sounds how must i install ? just trow them in my sound file or must i do some more things in the conf. file?
All versions of my sound packs and updates are JSGME compatible. Just unpack them, throw them inside the "MODS" folder and enable it!

V3 is the complete sound pack. V3.1 and V3.2 are both updates that require the original sound pack installed prior to.
Old 05-22-08, 11:27 AM   #198
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan_d
I had one creak sound repeating itself, it starter at 120 meters, and stopped at 60 meters, between repeated constantly. Was strange te note that it started and stopped at the exact depths.
Must be a problem with your machine. The longest sound has 19 seconds and for the game to loop sounds you gotta have sounds longer then 30 seconds. How much ram memory you have?
Old 05-22-08, 11:36 AM   #199
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuss
Hi PT,

don´t bang your head too often into the wall. Otherwise you wont be able to finish V4 of your brilliant sound mod. Have OLC in mind and his many versions.

Now back to my mail. You wont believe it but I read your readme before I mailed.

The question, advise, remark (whatever) was, now in short form, to take the captain out of the “Das-Boot-chatter-ambient-interior-part” (version two of your three interior ambient parts). The crew-chattering is ok.

The second point was to avoid too long speech-sequences (f.e. new radio-message) as they get boring when occurring to often

So now you can bang your head again if you want.

Nuss
About the captains voice, that's an idea... :hmm: ... I usually try to hear his voice as part of the crew, but I don't know that much german, so it's easier for me. I'll think about doing that for V4.

As for the long speech sequences, the radio message received one is the ONLY repeatitive sound, you can confirm that. So it's only one sound to fix. It's not a problem with the sound itself, but with the exagerated flowing of messages you receive in game. You should be receiving one or two messages per day, not fifteen! That's why it gets so boring! Are you using any radio traffic mod? I don't think it increases imersion coz it's only blablabla messages, ships that are in some location, when in fact they are not there. Nothing useful really, so I try to keep my radio traffic as low as possible. If you want, I can try to make a sound to please you, a special delivery so to speak. Or you can try to use a short morse code sound that is compressed inside the sound pack's main folder.
Old 05-22-08, 11:38 AM   #200
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneman
Thanks for this great mod it is fantastic but i have one problem
i mis the interior sounds when i am in my sub how is this possible? someone know?
(i have red that the mod also has new interior sounds)
Some problem with your installation maybe? If you downloaded the sound pack correctly, decompressed correctly, put into the mods folder and enabled via JSGME correctly, you should be hearing the ambient sound.

Can you hear the other sounds, but not the ambient sound? How much ram memory do you have?
Old 05-22-08, 11:47 AM   #201
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

How to use your mod with Integrated Orders? There is conflict between these mods.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 11:59 AM   #202
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa
How to use your mod with Integrated Orders? There is conflict between these mods.
Nothing to worry about there, mate! V3 was made on top of integrated orders, you can enable without a problem!
Old 05-22-08, 12:09 PM   #203
boneman
Engineer

enough ram memory

dear mr Thomsen i have 2048 Ram installed must be enough but your Data file from the soundpack i just installed in Norton commander (i replaced (overwrote all original files with your files) the rest i unpacked and installed with Winrar and JSGME i am absolutly sure i did everything oke so i really dont know why i dont have ambient sound
i hear the enginestartup (ctrl s) i hear crew talking when i sank a ship i hear crewmember saying "abwarten" when i want target ID and so on but NO AMBIENT SOUNDS (CREW TALKING IN BACKGROUND ETC)
Old 05-22-08, 12:12 PM   #204
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneman
dear mr Thomsen i have 2048 Ram installed must be enough but your Data file from the soundpack i just installed in Norton commander (i replaced (overwrote all original files with your files) the rest i unpacked and installed with Winrar and JSGME i am absolutly sure i did everything oke so i really dont know why i dont have ambient sound
i hear the enginestartup (ctrl s) i hear crew talking when i sank a ship i hear crewmember saying "abwarten" when i want target ID and so on but NO AMBIENT SOUNDS (CREW TALKING IN BACKGROUND ETC)
That's very very weird... are you using gwx 2.1?

Can you hear the other ambient sounds? (there are three in the sound pack, you have to rename them)

And which original files you replaced with what? There's nothing to replace in my sound pack and updates, its all to be enabled via JSGME!

If you are sure that there's a ~170mb "ambient_submarineInterior.wav" inside sh3/data/sound, then you should be able to hear it...
Old 05-22-08, 01:36 PM   #205
boneman
Engineer

ambient sounds but i think not all

i can hear the order 50 umdrehungen when i order silent running i can hear the crew on the deck say that there is being fired upon so i think it is all okay now this is what i did i installed radiomessage typewritter in JSGME my mistake I FORGOT but as you discribed the mod and all stuf related whit it i am not sure i hear everything i only want to know one thing What happens when a destroyer passes over and droppes charges at you what do you hear? you said every sound is changed ingame but that is not what i hear i hear a lot of new stuff but also a lot of old things so i will investigate further if i did everything correct
Old 05-22-08, 01:40 PM   #206
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa
Nothing to worry about there, mate! V3 was made on top of integrated orders, you can enable without a problem!
It isn't as simple as you described, Kaleun. I enabled your mod via jsgme, but it is conflict between Sound Pack and Integrated Orders (commands_en.cfg, if I remember). After that during game I can't use binoculars for instance.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 01:56 PM   #207
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

PT,

First, great work. Most of the sounds that I was replacing on my own for use with your version 2.0 I have scrapped in favor of your new sounds. I especially like the creaking sounds and the new ambient interior sound. Excellent work!

One question...is the sound made when the deck gun fires "P02_$MGun_muzzle_flash.wav"? I plan on redoing this one a bit inclduing more reloading noises from an actual 105 and German orders being yelled during reloading. Right now it sounds a little weak for an 88 or 105 and the expended shell falling sounds too much like a small arms shell casing.

Thanks!
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 02:21 PM   #208
boneman
Engineer

Wow Wow Wow Wow

i did even hear saying "ultraschallen schweine verfluchte schweine and yes that is from the movie DAS BOOT OH MAN WHAT A GREAT MOD GUYS GET THOMSEN HIS SOUND MOD IT ROCKS

THANK YOU THOMSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-08, 02:26 PM   #209
boneman
Engineer

everything ok now!

i forgit the sound folder in map data i only installed the speech folder now i did and i have your complete soundmod enabled my configuration: GWX 2.1 OLC GUI (newest) GWX 2.1 Mission orders and GWX 2.1 Warning orders and Thomsen soundmod (newest) IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i encourage everyone to use same configuration it is REALISM BASED AND ABSOLUTE SUCCES GUARANTEED: rock:
Old 05-22-08, 07:52 PM   #210
Sag75
XO

Downloads: 45

Ehi PT, how to download it?? i can't see... :p :p :p :rotfl:
i'm joking! sorry..

Congratulation for your improved V3.1! now everything is all right in my opinion!!

bye!
s

Betasom - XI Gruppo Sommergibili Atlantici
http://www.betasom.it/forum/index.php
Sag75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living