SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-11, 09:47 PM   #7516
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Hello,

Is there a particular prefered order to install:

FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5

Thanks
That order looks good
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 09:49 PM   #7517
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the fast response as all ways sir.
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:10 PM   #7518
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

As you know I am using MO with NewUis_TDC. I am having a problem figuring out how to get the weapons officer to get solutions for me. In the game main menu I have the box unchecked where it says Manual targeting. In the user options I have it set up like this.

Code:
##################################### XO TDC Dialog box (SH3/4/5 modes) ###################################
# is the XO and his dialog box visible on the UZO, attack, and obs scopes views?
# change below to either True or False
XOTDCDialogEnabled = False

# if the XO and his dialog box are disabled, are they allowed to pop up when you lock onto a target?
XOTDCDialogAllowedToPop = False

# Is the XO TDC dialog box draggable?
# If the XO TDC dialog box is draggable then the feature of the XO TDC dialog box dynamically repositioning
# based on messagebox visibility is disabled.
XOTDCDialogDraggable = False

# is manual targeting enforced? If True then the option to 'Turn TDC Off' is disabled and not visible
XOTDCManualTargetingEnforced = False
I like how everything is working but when I click on weapons officer to get a solution he only get AOB and Range I think. Speed is always at 0. If I click on the red button and maually put a speed in, when I hit the button again it goes back to 0 not keeping my speed I just entered. Of course my torpedos are always going behind target. Is this a bug or did I miss something in options file?

I really dont want the weapons officer dialog at all, as seen above
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-11, 09:20 AM   #7519
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Tried installing this over MO as I was told some newer mods need the latest UI's mod to run.. but the default install seems to remove all map contacts etc (unlike the older version in MO, which defaults to the Enhanced SH5 UI but leaves all the assists on), so I removed it.

I assume this is configurable but there are so many different mods in this pack I don't know where to start, guessing a config file somewhere? I'm not skilled enough for real nav or no map contacts.

Also, might I politely suggest including a readme that explains the difference between, for example your standard New UIs with TDC and the 'Das Boot Crew Mod' or 'ERM Reaper Night Vision'? I opened the file and immediately closed it as I have no clue what any of these do or how they differ from the standard mod.

I love all these potential options but without proper documentation it just adds to the confusion. Great work though.
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-11, 11:22 AM   #7520
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

I dont think the the default setup removes contact updates. The options file is located below as described in first post.

Quote:
All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'. NOTE: When editing this file ensure you save the file as Unicode encoding in order for non-ANSI characters to be displayed in game!
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-11, 12:43 PM   #7521
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
I dont think the the default setup removes contact updates. The options file is located below as described in first post.
That's what I thought, maybe I did something wrong. Tbh there are so many variations of this, as well as the ones in MO that I just can't keep up. Really wish MO would be updated to include the latest version as that would probably make life a lot easier!
Old 07-29-11, 01:21 PM   #7522
Störtebeker
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Since I increased my resolution to 1600X1200 the ship recognition manual
of TDWs UI Mod is no longer there. The flag manual and the speed tables still are. Is there a key to show or hide
the manual? Or some other way to get it back?
Störtebeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 01:47 PM   #7523
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Störtebeker View Post
Since I increased my resolution to 1600X1200 the ship recognition manual
of TDWs UI Mod is no longer there. The flag manual and the speed tables still are. Is there a key to show or hide
the manual? Or some other way to get it back?
delete the Pagex_Draggables.TDW files in your \Silent Hunter 5 folder to reset draggable positions
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 02:26 PM   #7524
iutland
Nub

Downloads: 15

TDW you've made a great UI mod for SH5, it really makes the stock game playable Thanks for the teleporting feature, very useful

Cheers
iutland
iutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 07:20 AM   #7525
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

What is the 'integrated chalkboard mod'? Is this in the style of Das Boot, chalking up each DC dropped? If so, where can I find/enable it, as I don't seem to be able to see a chalkboard anywhere in the sub? It would be cool to be able to say 'I escaped xx depth charges on that run'
Old 08-03-11, 03:22 PM   #7526
DoveEgg
Seaman

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
What is the 'integrated chalkboard mod'? Is this in the style of Das Boot, chalking up each DC dropped? If so, where can I find/enable it, as I don't seem to be able to see a chalkboard anywhere in the sub? It would be cool to be able to say 'I escaped xx depth charges on that run'
You have to set up a keyboard shortcut for the chalkboard. You may do this by editing the TDW user settings file in the scripts folder.

I have mine set up so that shift+b toggles the chalkboard and shift+n increases the chalk count.
DoveEgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 07:48 PM   #7527
DoveEgg
Seaman

Downloads: 138

TDW,

Without stepping on any toes, I would like to suggest that the next release of your UI include a transportation hotkey for the captain's bed. I'm a laid back Kaluen and i like to command the ship while reclined

Seriously though, it's a station that i think has merit. Especially when you're on the bridge and you just need to get below deck in order to submerge the boat.
DoveEgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 08:31 AM   #7528
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveEgg View Post
You have to set up a keyboard shortcut for the chalkboard. You may do this by editing the TDW user settings file in the scripts folder.

I have mine set up so that shift+b toggles the chalkboard and shift+n increases the chalk count.
Found it, thanks DoveEgg!
Old 08-04-11, 03:34 PM   #7529
Arcticdive
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Sub Shacking

I have a problem I installed the UIs and now every time I start using TC at 32 and above the sub starts to shack Left and Right the rudders seem to start turn back and forth about 10* does anyone know what can be the cause of this?

Its like this smile
Arcticdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 04:07 PM   #7530
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveEgg View Post
TDW,

Without stepping on any toes, I would like to suggest that the next release of your UI include a transportation hotkey for the captain's bed. I'm a laid back Kaluen and i like to command the ship while reclined

Seriously though, it's a station that i think has merit. Especially when you're on the bridge and you just need to get below deck in order to submerge the boat.
Teleporting to the radar/radio station or sonar station fulfills that need to get below deck fast to submerge or correctly start some automation that requires you to be below deck to work correctly. Key shortcuts for these teleporting commands can easily be defined in useroptions.py.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui