SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-08, 06:57 PM   #1
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Default [REL] Battle of River Plate for GrafSpee

I had to do this one . I'm not really an SH4 player but spotted all these developments with playable surface ships. This is a short mission ( more a brief encounter ) depicting the classic Battle of the River Plate. It's three Brit cruisers ( CA and x2 CL) closing on the Graf Spee. The weather is absolutely clear as it was on the day so visibility is excellent.

I've included the files made by W4lt3r to make the whole thing play more realistically . Many thanks for these. You'll also need the playable Graf Spee.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bizgvdmlybl

Many thanks to both Xantrokoles (Graf spee) and W4lt3r (file tweaks) for making this possible.

There's no objective built into the mission. Either run ( boring ) or duce it out. Great with ROW sound .

Last edited by horsa; 05-10-08 at 06:50 PM.
horsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 05:59 PM   #2
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

It will be a great pleasure to study this mission, i prepared a detailed full simulation of this long campaign by the KMS Graf Spee duirng her remarkable journey, and interviewed crew from all the major units, and was assisted by the Admiralty in UK with merchant route maps, fuel charts for the Exeter, Ajax and Achillies and the Cumberland cruisers as there was one of those units about to join up when the fateful day dawned in the River Plate. This will be a great pleasure to try out. It will bring back the memory of the sad day on teh 17th of December 1939 when she went to the bottom.
Old 04-01-11, 01:28 PM   #3
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Gotta try this one, I messed around with this idea as well but never finished it, so thanks.

sid