SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-17, 10:20 AM   #46
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Maru ships would be under the Merchant vessels in the Recognition Manual. All nations are lumped together there. You are more than welcome for the "help", but that's a community effort, and I get to call you "Sweetie" also, since while I not be as old as CapnScurvy, I'm still classified as "old"...
blow me, I can't see them in there - must try harder!

as I also started out in DOS as Cap'nScurvy tells in his windows 10 howto, I reckon I am also older than you beanie - but it ain't about age but the kindness and consideration you show

Last edited by She-Wolf; 03-05-17 at 10:42 AM.
She-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-17, 10:36 AM   #47
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Cap'n, thank you for your good advice. Have looked at the tips and have copied to notepad. I have yet to put any mods on, and normally - in the Silent Hunter games, these are kept to a minimum - just TMO, the small patch and 'stop the shouting' were all I used for SH4 before changing machines, but to 'just see what this mod is like' is a great temptation!
Your cautionary advice will not be lost! I learned about saving over saves the hard way too, and that was a frustrating experience until I understood, thanks to the folks on here, what I was doing wrong....
Old 03-06-17, 08:20 AM   #48
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf View Post
It has upset me that folks are bickering about each others mods because of this - I don't come on here to cause trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As for the mods, there is no bickering there. Bleiente has a new version of his Mod Soup (that IS the name of his mod ) and it is a good mix. He was just worried that you'd think it was his mod that caused your trouble.
It was an unfortunate and stupid misunderstanding on my part.
I then reacted somewhat embarrassed to it ...

Now call me Gaga-duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Few take the time to make them compatible with each other. As far as I know Bleiente's work is the exception. Good for him!!
Is this now a praise from the great master ... or the "Wink with the fence post"?
I thank you ... and then run away very quickly.

greetings
Old 03-06-17, 08:40 AM   #49
She-Wolf
Watchdog

ahh, peace is restored, good
Old 03-06-17, 12:05 PM   #50
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf
It has upset me that folks are bickering about each others mods because of this - I don't come on here to cause trouble.
That wasn't 'bickering' that was 'quibbling' Perfectly permissible! I say rhyton BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 02:38 PM   #51
She-Wolf
Watchdog

I did not see it like that Aktungbby - one was saying another's mod was faulty - that's like saying 'your baby's got spots' to a doting dad! Folk get defensive and words are said, feelings bruised, etc - but, no matter; peace reigns again and we move on. Yer..
Old 03-06-17, 06:51 PM   #52
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Icon12 The true nature of well mottled BBY's

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf View Post
I did not see it like that Aktungbby - one was saying another's mod was faulty - that's like saying 'your baby's got spots' to a doting dad! Folk get defensive and words are said, feelings bruised, etc - but, no matter; peace reigns again and we move on. Yer..
Well that's because U R a polite well mannered lady! We Y chromosome deficient mancave dwellers R often somewhat lacking in this capacity; fortunately mummy and the government sent me to charm school ...as for doting dads who's baby's got spots: Pardus my Panthera
r

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-06-17, 10:59 PM   #53
Barkerov
Soundman

Downloads: 42

Pssst. Aktungbby.
We are the ones WITH the Y chromosome.

As a side note I am reliably told that the Y chromosome is much smaller than the X chromosome. I take it that this means men have less functionality
Barkerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 12:05 AM   #54
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkerov View Post
Pssst. Aktungbby.
We are the ones WITH the Y chromosome.

As a side note I am reliably told that the Y chromosome is much smaller than the X chromosome. I take it that this means men have less functionality
Precisely! (as stated previously)

Old 03-07-17, 05:22 AM   #55
She-Wolf
Watchdog

I luvs yer all, great bunch
Old 03-08-17, 04:00 AM   #56
Barkerov
Soundman

Downloads: 42

Well I am done making an arse of myself. Good day to you both
Barkerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 03:22 PM   #57
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@She-Wolf

As I see, your SH4 now runs in the right parameters.
I would be interested ... have you again tried my ModSoup aka ModPack, or you decided for another constellation?

I am just curious...

Best regards
"Gaga-Duck"
Old 03-09-17, 05:16 PM   #58
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Bleiente, dear heart, all I have on atm is Websters GFO - but I will put your mod soup on again when I feel ready. I am confident there will not be a repeat of the previous problem and have heeded the warnings of CapnScurvy, taken snapshots and do not save over old saves etc AND I have Rockin Robins CMS on as well ( thankyou RR). In fact (confession time) I have been playing Fallout 3 tonight because I added the LAA flag to that, and it plays really well now, so well 'appy, but 'tis bedtime now. Night-night.