SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-17, 02:16 PM   #1
Dazzer41
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Soon be at sea :)

Well after thinking this game was dead and buried and finding this group at the weekend

Today I got my new pc on order so fingers crossed be at sea this weekend and really can't Wait
Dazzer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 02:22 PM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer41 View Post
Well after thinking this game was dead and buried and finding this group at the weekend

Today I got my new pc on order so fingers crossed be at sea this weekend and really can't Wait
Sounds good, Dazzer41. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 02:25 PM   #3
Dazzer41
Swabbie

Thanks a lot
Old 03-01-17, 02:52 PM   #4
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

There are currently two simple ways to use appropriate and functioning large-mod packs.

1. FOTRS Ultimate Project
Http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
This package promises (both positive and negative) a lot of action and has by far the largest number of ships as well as movements in the Pacific.
However, this package is still under development.

2. Ralles RealModPack V1.2final full
Http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225443
This package is currently complete and includes all major as well as good modifications to create a "realistic" game experience.

Choose one, two ... or three and create your own creation ...

Greetings Ralle
Old 03-01-17, 03:52 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

New computers have LOTS of hard drive space, so read-up on Rockin Robbins SH4CMS utility and MultiSH4, and then download them ALL!!!...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 04:03 PM   #6
Dazzer41
Swabbie

Thanks a lot got 1tb of hard drive so will put loads on It once I got the hang of the game been along time since I've play it
Old 03-02-17, 05:14 AM   #7
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

When I bought my Falcon Northwest Mach V a couple of years ago, I thought I could do with a 256GB SSD. I now have two of those, plus a 1Tb SATA drive, and I'm still pressed for space! Besides the various versions of SH4, including tons of mods for the TMO versions, I also have SH3 GWX plus mods, and al the Call of Duty games that will run under Win Pro 7. Sigh. There is never enough disk space or memory! Been saying that since the early 80's when I had an IBM PC with NO hard drive!

And they ask us why we drink...

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 08:24 AM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... and keep buying computer components...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 09:06 AM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Thanks a lot got 1tb of hard drive so will put loads on It once I got the hang of the game been along time since I've play it
The only question is: how many spare drive bays and how many USB 3 ports? Then it's on to buying external drive enclosures! Hot swapping FTW!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 09:16 AM   #10
Dazzer41
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
The only question is: how many spare drive bays and how many USB 3 ports? Then it's on to buying external drive enclosures! Hot swapping FTW!
And there is me thinking just put he disk in and play the game lol

It has 3 USB ports so I guessing I have to get a few hard drives 😂😂😂.

Not even sure I be able to install the MOD's as thick with PC's🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁
Old 03-02-17, 05:45 PM   #11
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:

Welcome aboard Dazzer41 - good to have you here

Let us know how you get on after you get your new toy
Good hunting

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 05:49 PM   #12
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:

Not even sure I be able to install the MOD's as thick with PC's����������
RockinRobins and the rest of the old reprobates who hang around here will make it easy for you

PS I say this as a self confessed ole reprobate

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 03:59 AM   #13
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I want to suggest that from the beginning you install and work with SH4CMS. That's the Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System, but it does much more than just fix corrupted installs. It also installs MultiSH4, so you can have independent game installations for the supermods you try out. Each installation has its own settings and save game files directory in your Documents folder so you don't have to worry about one mod setup corrupting another.

It also sets up a separate, protected repository of original game files so you never have to reinstall from your DVD again. This \SH4 Pristine directory takes 5.5 GB from your hard drive and gives you absolute peace of mind. There is no longer ANYTHING that can happen to your game installations that would be irretrievable corruption, no matter what the cause. This directory, all subdirectories and their files are write protected so they can't be played or modified.

SH4CMS installs JSGME and Large Address Aware also. JSGME is the swiss army knife that installs and uninstalls mods with a couple of mouse clicks. It's the bedrock of how we mod the game. Large Address Aware stops game crashes from running out of memory. Without Large Address Aware working, the game can only address 2 GB of memory. Afterwards it can use all you can toss at it if you have a 64-bit machine, 3.2 GB if you have a 32-bit machine. Makes a huge difference in playing megamods like Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition.

SH4CMS creates the separate game installations for (now i'll probably leave something out here--it keeps evolving) Real Fleet Boat, Game Fixes Only, Trigger Maru Overhauled, Operation Monsun, We Dive at Dawn, Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, or a custom mod installation. Push a button and it does all the work for you.

Finally, when you get game corruption, mod soup, weird game behavior of any kind, doesn't matter what the cause because you no longer care and don't have to spend hours trying to figure out what went wrong, you uninstall your mods with JSGME, fix game installation with one menu operation, re-run MultiSH4, Large Address Aware and JSGME, reinstall your mods, start your game, reload your last save and continue as if nothing had ever happened. The entire operation can be done in less than 10 minutes.

SH4CMS is designed to be installed immediately after first installation of SH4, before you ever play the game. That ensures the pristine game files repository contains genuine original game files. You can learn the game mechanics and do the same operations that SH4CMS does yourself. But why, when you don't even need to know how it works to be an expert in repairing Silent Hunter 4?
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote