SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-09, 04:33 PM   #61
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default cdrsubron

Follow up to Tawi Recon.

I was doing fine until I decided to crash dive to 300 feet. I could not pull her out of the dive and at 800 feet the lights went out.

Lots of planes on the way to the recon point, and the task force I attacked was travelling in a circular type course, which I attribute to the fact that it was in a defensive mode.

It looks like a great mission, plus I got two carriers in a single attack run, which is a first for me. My hit on the Hiryu was luck. It changed course and was pulling away. I fired four aft torpedoes -- one 46 kt and three 31 kt. I eyeballed the AoB. The 46 kt. hit her amid ships and sunk her in 15 minutes. The others missed when she changed course.

Good job captain!
Old 09-05-09, 05:00 PM   #62
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Follow up to Tawi Recon.

I was doing fine until I decided to crash dive to 300 feet. I could not pull her out of the dive and at 800 feet the lights went out.

Lots of planes on the way to the recon point, and the task force I attacked was travelling in a circular type course, which I attribute to the fact that it was in a defensive mode.

It looks like a great mission, plus I got two carriers in a single attack run, which is a first for me. My hit on the Hiryu was luck. It changed course and was pulling away. I fired four aft torpedoes -- one 46 kt and three 31 kt. I eyeballed the AoB. The 46 kt. hit her amid ships and sunk her in 15 minutes. The others missed when she changed course.

Good job captain!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm goin down. Appreciate it.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 09-09-09, 02:12 AM   #63
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default cdrsubron7's new mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I'm goin down. Appreciate it.
I must have been too full of myself after sinking two carriers on my first run. My second try was a disaster. Heavy, heavy damage and two dead from air attacks during daylight. I licked my wounds and buried the dead. After dark I tried to sneak in for recon. I attacked a task force, missing 10 shots. I continued on, suffering major damage and flooding from task force destroyers who finished me off after 10 minutes of "Come out, come out, wherever you are?" [aka for those who are movie buffs, "Oh Warriors,... Warriors, Come out and Playeee."]

The mission's ending reminded me of a story about Pecos Bill and his horse, Widowmaker. No man could ride Widowmaker, except Pecos Bill. The story goes that a boy once said the rumour about Widowmaker being a killer was nothin' but a Tall Tale. Pecos Bill retorted that once a cowboy climbed aboard Widowmaker and tried to ride him. Widowmaker went crazy and bucked so hard that the the poor fella' went flyin' into space where he bounced up and down off the surface of the moon for a week before Pecos shot him down on a Sunday just so's he could be recevie a proper burial. The boy still did not believe Pecos Bill and put his hand on the horse's reins, preparing to mount the steed. As the boy took the reins, Pecos added, "Son, let me tell it to you in plain English. You try to ride Widowmaker ... he'll kill you." In other words, my ass was handed to me on a silver platter.

(My crew love it when I tell them stories before lights out!)

(Now if I could only lasso my three toy poddles (my son refers to them as the killer guard dogs.))

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 09-09-09 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-08-09, 11:12 PM   #64
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=1#post1063616

I recently asked what is changed between 1.4 and 1.5 that causes the missions to not work and what i could do to fix it, and the answer has to do with the yamato. Check it out in the thread above, perhaps this will solve a CTD or 2.

Also, webster, Tambor gave me permission to post his missions on silenthunter.filefront.com and directed me to your package, so if you don't mind, I'd like to put them up sometime soon.
Old 10-09-09, 08:05 PM   #65
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
Also, webster, Tambor gave me permission to post his missions on silenthunter.filefront.com and directed me to your package, so if you don't mind, I'd like to put them up sometime soon.
well tambor198 (aka - cdrsubron7) owns all rights to all of these missions except the "planes to rabaul" one that was done by hazelwood.

i just put them all into one jsgme ready folder (even a monkey could do that ) so i have nothing to say or do with the rights to this stuff.

i just wanted others to be able to use them in an easier way than loading one at a time.

you or anyone else who wants to do anything with these missions is only needing to talk to "cdrsubron7" here at subsim or tambor198 at ubi forums.

Old 10-09-09, 09:08 PM   #66
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

It's OK, Webster. Starforce has asked my permission and received it.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 10-10-09, 12:30 AM   #67
Starforce2
Planesman

Tambor asked me to give you a heads up. Ofcourse, if anyone else has missions, feel free to submit them.
http://silenthunter.filefront.com/
Things seem to be working. Include a pic or 2, and a readme with requirements (what vershion of sh, or mods) is very important, and I'll post as soon as I can.

Webster, if you'd like to submit your mods..feel free to do that as well. The only thing is, untill I actualy get some staff, everyone kinda has to do their own grunt work, like writing a paragraph about their mod and making pix, but since most of these mods have been around a while I am sure finding some pix wont be too much an issue

Last edited by Starforce2; 10-10-09 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-10-09, 02:58 AM   #68
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Webster, if you'd like to submit your mods..feel free to do that as well.

Permissions and usage of my mods:

my mods are all free for anyone to use any way they wish but if you release a mod that makes use of my files then i ask you to please give proper credit to me or any other modder who contributed something to my mod. (this info would be noted in the mods read me)

you can feel free to upload my mods anywhere you want to, but please do not repackaged or change them if you plan to upload or host them.

i have no interested in uploading my mods and/or maintaining them at any download sites besides the one here at subsim or my filefront page.

if you want to upload or host my mods somewhere then go ahead and feel free to do so but if you do this then you must take on the responsability to keep them updated as it is needed.

whenever i update any mod i will announce it in that mods read me release thread. every mod i make has its own mods read me release thread for discussions of any mod questions, issues, notes, updates and such.

Last edited by Webster; 10-10-09 at 03:31 PM.

Old 10-17-09, 08:27 PM   #69
Starforce2
Planesman

approaches to singapore crashes almost immediately.

What happened: After mission starts and being a strait course wsw, detect a ship, medium speed on radar. Shortly after..it takes a dump. This is a new 1.5 install with no addons except the mission pack and the official tokyo express.
Old 10-17-09, 09:33 PM   #70
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default If

Starforce2 -- If Peabody reads you post he won't be able to sleep until he unravels the mission and figures out what the problem is. I think he got that way because Where's Waldo puzzles. He just cannot stop until he is done.
Old 10-17-09, 10:37 PM   #71
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

cdrsubron7 (who made almost all of these missions) is a big fan of the TMO mod so many of his missions were made when he had TMO installed so in many cases he ended up using TMO ships in some of the missions without realising it would be an issue for non TMO users.

from what i can tell the only issues that come up in these ctd issues are all related to using ships that are exclusive to TMO and what happens is that when the game cant find the ship it needs it just crashes so to fix it he finds the ship causing the problem and replaces it with a stock ship of the same type to fix it.

UPDATE: ok i think i found the main problem with it, there is a NAuxCru in RSRDC that he used in this mission and because there is no NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser in the stock game (its also not in TMO v1.7), thats why its giving you the ctd.

i tried to get it working by swapping out the NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser for the NAMC GEAuxiliary Cruiser but it still causes a ctd but i probably didnt swap everything out correctly.

im sure he will fix it right up for you when he sees your post about it.

Last edited by Webster; 10-17-09 at 11:25 PM.

Old 10-18-09, 04:39 AM   #72
Starforce2
Planesman

I'll keep playing missions. I just finished the one right before punching permit (the first 15 day one) and got over 100k..Mainly because I stumbled into a task force and took out an ise (wounded another which later sank) also got one 1 DD. Wounded 1 more, wounded one CV (woulda sunk one but the torps are auto setting way too deep me thinks..probably a stock bug) and my attack technicly caused the sinking of a fubuki when a CV braodsided it. That's added to the 3 liner I got before that.

So I'll keep on playing them till I'm through with'em. Let ya know if I find any more bugs.

edit:

Sibutu Passage crashes almost immediately too.

Last edited by Starforce2; 10-18-09 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-19-09, 01:16 PM   #73
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I'll keep playing missions. Let ya know if I find any more bugs.

edit:

Sibutu Passage crashes almost immediately too.

ok, approaches to singapore and the Sibutu Passage crashes in stock game.

sibuto looks like the same issue, non stock ships in the mission.

please keep the reports coming so we can be sure all missions are fixed to work as desired.

Old 10-19-09, 02:45 PM   #74
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post

UPDATE: ok i think i found the main problem with it, there is a NAuxCru in RSRDC that he used in this mission and because there is no NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser in the stock game (its also not in TMO v1.7), thats why its giving you the ctd.

i tried to get it working by swapping out the NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser for the NAMC GEAuxiliary Cruiser but it still causes a ctd but i probably didnt swap everything out correctly.

im sure he will fix it right up for you when he sees your post about it.
If you are trying to get it working in stock, there are several ships that are in the Approaches to Singapore that are not stock.
DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

So it appears it is meant to be used with a MOD enabled.

If you are trying to get it to work with another MOD and swap out the NAuxCru with a GeAuxCruiser the "Classname" does not have NAMC in it, and the "origin" would need to be changed to 'German" . Also it is the "CommandUnit" of that group, so if you change the name, you would also need to change the "CommandUnitName"

You are correct: Sibutu Passage has the same issue of non-stock ships.

Suggestion: if cdrsubron7 let's you know which MOD these work with, you could Open the .tsr file and add that information to the "MissionBriefing=" or "MissionTitle=" section and it would then show when you highlight a mission before you actually try to play it. For example:

MissionBriefing=Sulu Sea|May, 1943||For use with RSRDC||Cdr, you've assigned to patrol the northern entrance of the Sibutu passage in the Sulu Sea for the next fifteen days. Intelligeance has informed us that aside from the usual merchant traffic there has been a significant increase in the amount of Japanese capital ships traniting the passage also. Good Luck

OR

MissionTitle=Sibutu Passage (TMO 1.7)

Or whatever MOD is necessary to make it work. By putting that info in the title or briedfing screen it would not be necessary to add a readme file, which nobody reads.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-19-09 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-19-09, 03:33 PM   #75
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
If you are trying to get it working in stock, there are several ships that are in the Approaches to Singapore that are not stock.
DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

So it appears it is meant to be used with a MOD enabled.
so whats involved in swapping out all the ships to make these missions stock ready? do i just replace the ship name and ship class?

Closed Thread