SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-11, 04:25 PM   #61
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi Beast !

I use your MOD, but when I install the new updated "UHS-MOD 1.6 Repack" from here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1775

at last in my JSGME-List that overrides the File "UBoot_Sensors.sim" from your MOD !

Now my question: Can you please make a compatible version of the above file from your MOD that works together with the new updated UHS-MOD ??

Because I want to play with your MOD AND the new updated UHS-MOD and start a new campaign, but I think I must wait that both files are compatible, or ????

Best regards,
Magic
Hi Magic,

I didn't add compatibility for this mod because I didn't realize it changed the Uboot_sensors.sim.......

If this mod changes only the sub coatings, the hydrophone detection depths and the round radio antenna, then UHS would be installed last....

You would lose TheBeast's settings and retain the UHS changes to teh Uboot_sensors.sim
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 05:03 PM   #62
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post
Hi Magic,

I didn't add compatibility for this mod because I didn't realize it changed the Uboot_sensors.sim.......

If this mod changes only the sub coatings, the hydrophone detection depths and the round radio antenna, then UHS would be installed last....

You would lose TheBeast's settings and retain the UHS changes to teh Uboot_sensors.sim
Hi ddrgn !

Many thanks for reply , but If I were sure that the MOD from Beast only change sub coatings, the hydrophone detection depths and the round radio antenna, then I would enable your MOD at last, but the point is, I´m NOT sure, whether these are the only changes, or whether I loose functions of the MOD from "Beast" when I override his "UBoot_sensor.sim" File ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-16-11, 05:21 PM   #63
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Hmmmm.... Going over TheBeast's Uboot_sensors.sim and notice there are elements of UHS in it, radar ranges, hydrophone ranges etc.....

Considering UHS settings are in this mod, maybe a throw a credit my way

@Magic

I see there are some changes, what I can do is make a version of UHS sensors for this mod..... In the meantime overwriting the sensors with UHS sensors will not cause any problems........
Old 04-16-11, 05:25 PM   #64
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post

what I can do is make a version of UHS sensors for this mod..... In the meantime overwriting the sensors with UHS sensors will not cause any problems........
That would be great when you can do a compatible version of your MOD with this MOD from Beast !

Many thanks in advance !
Old 04-16-11, 07:14 PM   #65
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

For now just install UHS's SIM file last. Or use the Uboot_Sensors.SIM from TDW FX MOD.

I really want to pull the SIM out of this MOD because this MOD is for Equipment Upgrades at the in port Mechanics Upgrades. Didn't intend to step on anyone's toe's.

I thought that I PM'd TDW and DDrgn asking them to add the Anti-Sensor Coating TextureSuffix change to their MODs if they wanted too a few weeks ago.

All the changes in the SIM file contained in this MOD is stuff I was playing with back in May of last year. I was working with BIGREG to create the Raised and Rotating Antenna MOD. TDW rolling these settings into his MOD back then. The Sonar Opperational Depths was added per request from several people and the other changes may have been that I had a MOD installed when I grabbed the SIM to work on it.
Specific's for many SIM file changes I did are in my [TEC] thread linked in post #1

The only New change to UBoot_Sensors.sim is changing TextureSuffix for the Anti-Sensor Coatings. Stock all TextureSuffix = albrecht and only the 1 (Alberich) Coating was available as upgeade option. This MOD adds the other 3 coatings that were missing.
Alberich = albrecht (not changed)
Albercht_Improved = alb_imp
Tarnmatte = tarn
Tarnmatte_Improved = tarn_imp

If these Anti-Sensor Coating changes are not in the SIM file, the bonus is still applied and Skin Texture will just use default Starter Skin.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-16-11 at 08:14 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 08:08 PM   #66
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
For now just install UHS's SIM file last. Or use the Uboot_Sensors.SIM from TDW FX MOD.

I really want to pull the SIM out of this MOD because this MOD is for Equipment Upgrades at the in port Mechanics Upgrades. Didn't intend to step on anyone's toe's.

I thought that I PM'd TDW and DDrgn asking them to add the Anti-Sensor Coating TextureSuffix change to their MODs if they wanted too a few weeks ago.

All the changes in the SIM file contained in this MOD is stuff I was playing with back in May of last year. I was working with BIGREG to create the Raised and Rotating Antenna MOD. TDW rolling these settings into his MOD back then. The Sonar Opperational Depths was added per request from several people and the other changes may have been that I had a MOD installed when I grabbed the SIM to work on it.
Specific's for many SIM file changes I did are in my [TEC] thread linked in post #1

The only New change to UBoot_Sensors.sim is changing TextureSuffix for the Anti-Sensor Coatings. Stock all TextureSuffix = albrecht and only the 1 (Alberich) Coating was available as upgeade option. This MOD adds the other 3 coatings that were missing.
Alberich = albrecht (not changed)
Albercht_Improved = alb_imp
Tarnmatte = tarn
Tarnmatte_Improved = tarn_imp

If these Anti-Sensor Coating changes are not in the SIM file, the bonus is still applied and Skin Texture will just use default Alberich Skin.
Its all good, I like this mod.... I think the best would be to add your coatings settings to UHS or any time TDW changes sensors.... Credit to you of course
Old 04-18-11, 04:23 AM   #67
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello TheBeast, I tested your Fix with reaper7´s UI Mod v.4.0 and I have a problem with tanker Cimmaron. I tested your fix in single Mission with 4 ships, including a tanker Cimmaron.

Tested with reaper7´s UI Mod v. 4.00:

Without your fix:

http://postimage.org/image/1l413pzdw/

With your fix:

http://postimage.org/image/1l3r6hwf8/

This problem must be somwhere in compatibility of your Fix and reaper´s UI, because I´ve had the same problem with previous version 3.1 of reaper7´s UI mod (In v. 4.00 this problem is solved):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=524
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 08:45 AM   #68
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hello TheBeast, I tested your Fix with reaper7´s UI Mod v.4.0 and I have a problem with tanker Cimmaron. I tested your fix in single Mission with 4 ships, including a tanker Cimmaron.

Tested with reaper7´s UI Mod v. 4.00:

Without your fix:

http://postimage.org/image/1l413pzdw/

With your fix:

http://postimage.org/image/1l3r6hwf8/

This problem must be somwhere in compatibility of your Fix and reaper´s UI, because I´ve had the same problem with previous version 3.1 of reaper7´s UI mod (In v. 4.00 this problem is solved):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=524
This is very strange.
But you say you have seen this issue using previous versions of Reaper7's UI but appears to be fixed in v4.0. How can you say issue is in this MOD?
Maybe v4.0 really does not solve the problem...
Why has no one else reported this issue.

I see Cimmaron Tanker in Campaign all the time. I am using New_UIs_TDC by TheDarkWraith or CSP MaGUI by DrJones.
What is the Single Mission you are using?

This MOD does not touch any Mechant Vessels.
I do not touch any Mission or Campaign files.
I do not touch Cameras settings.

The only possible link I can think of is memory useage. This MOD adds several previously missing equipment to the in port Mechanic Upgrades list. These equipment already existed, all this MOD does is provide access to these equipment.

Although you used good troubleshooting method, I do not think this MOD is cause of your issue because you had this issue prior to this MOD existing.

Old 04-18-11, 12:49 PM   #69
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Sorry TheBeast. I tested all mods, including reaper7´s UI mod v. 4.0 and all worked fine.

Activated your mod and I had this problem. If your mod not cause this problem, I apologize, buit I did not mean any harm. May be a problem with my PC, but a simple test in the single mission showed me this, nothing more When I deactivated your mod, the tanker Cimmaron showed in single mission correctly. But as I say, it could be a problem in my PC
Old 04-18-11, 01:02 PM   #70
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Sorry TheBeast. I tested all mods, including reaper7´s UI mod v. 4.0 and all worked fine.

Activated your mod and I had this problem. If your mod not cause this problem, I apologize, buit I did not mean any harm. May be a problem with my PC, but a simple test in the single mission showed me this, nothing more When I deactivated your mod, the tanker Cimmaron showed in single mission correctly. But as I say, it could be a problem in my PC
What is your entire mod list?
Old 04-18-11, 01:42 PM   #71
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:

I did not think you intended harm. I just do not see a link that can cause this to happen with the exception of using memory.
Have you applied the 4GIG patch to SH5.EXE and run the BCDEDIT command to tell OS to allow SH5.exe to use more then 2GIG memory?
BCDEDIT Command is a must do for 32bit OS. Not sure it is even needed for 64bit OS.

My MODS:
Code:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[~\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
RemoveStupidLogoandIntro
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits v 1.2 Deckgun
Elite German Black & Copper Torpedo
Gramophone
TheBeasts_Sound_Mod_1.0
Torpedo Splash
SD_MapCourseLine_no_arrows
My_SH5_Command_Keys
AilBubbles 1.0
Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
MCCD_1.03RadiomanDialog_BlackMay_Fix2
Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120 and No Morale
BRF 1.3 full
BRF 1.1 HP balance
MCCD_1.04
AilGlassDropsRemoval 1.0
Conus' Graphic Mod 1.1
Guages WoGaDi Mod BetaSix
Interior_Submarine_Textures_V1_1_byNaights
Floor Blue
Nauticalwolf's Torpedo Textures V1.0
No 1-2-3 Torpedo Alignment
new_KM_binos
Environment 5.0 MOD
Environment 5.0 lightfog
Shadow Improvement Mod
sobers base sky mechanics V1
Topedo_Equipment_Upgrades
Icebergs v2.4
NewUIs_TDC_4_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
My Zoom Cam Tweak 1.0
Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIB-std Camo Dot
AilSmoke 1.7
AilWhiteInterior 1.0
Naights Submarine Textures (internal) V1.1
sobers base wave mechanics for SH5 V12
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
Open_Horizons_Extended_Campaign
Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
AilRain 1.0
AilDeckwave 1.0
AilClouds 3.0
AilMoon 1.5
AilClimateZones 1.1
Illyustrator_Loading_Mission_mod
Church's NavMap v1.0 - Illyustrator's Version
Chrono_Merchant_Raiders_byTheBeast
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
sobers &  stoianm base fog mechanics V16 SH5
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Uniforms_v2_byPascal
Detailed Caustics 1.0
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
MY Radio_Deutschland
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
1000_Meter_Bearing_Plotter_1_0_byTheBeast
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Underwater_FX_Darker_0_1_byTheBeast
AilImpurity 1.2 light
AI_Type-14
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_1_byTheBeast
Equip_Upgrades_AFFOE
TheBeasts_Submarine_CFGs
Old Style Explosions V1.1
Pascal-sh5-uniforms-Version-2
SKIN_SH5_Type-VIIC_Improved_Alberich_Coating
JD Realistic Depth Charge Damage and Shaking 1.0

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-18-11 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-18-11, 01:42 PM   #72
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Hello ddrgn, it is very long (64 activated):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I did not think you intended harm. I just do not see a link that can cause this to happen with the exception of using memory.
Have you applied the 4GIG patch to SH5.EXE and run the BCDEDIT command to tell OS to allow SH5.exe to use more then 2GIG memory?
BCDEDIT Command is a must do for 32bit OS. Not sure it is even needed for 64bit OS.
My PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3,00 GHz
chipset P35, socket 775
nVIDIA GEForce 9800GT, 512 MB, Arctic-Cooling Accelero
Audio HD Realtek ALC888
2 x DIMM DDR2 2048 MB 800MHz
640GB SATAII/300
Windows Vista Home Premium

I do not use "the 4GIG patch to SH5.EXE" and "the BCDEDIT command". I´m sorry, I´ll probably look like a fool in you eyes, but I do not know what it is. I have previously used the 4patch for SHIII, but I do not know that something like this exists for SH5.

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 04-18-11 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-18-11, 02:04 PM   #73
TheBeast
The Old Man

TheDarkWraith provides information on 4GIG Patch is his Mega-MOD thread.

I really suggest installing this change. You will be amazed by your system performance increase. I know I was.

Even if you only have 2GIG of RAM The OS wll use Virtual Mememory (Swap to Disk).

IPevious to 4GIG patch I had many CTD issue's. Now after 4GIG patch I almost never CTD.

Old 04-18-11, 02:09 PM   #74
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

I have 4GB RAM (2 x DIMM DDR2 2048 MB 800MHz).

Thanks TheBeast for the advice, I do not use TDW´s Megamod and therefore I do not know about this 4GB patch for SH5.

I downloaded TDW´s Megamod and patch, but I can´t find inside this 4GB patch for SH5. Where do I find it please?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 04-18-11 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-18-11, 02:40 PM   #75
TheBeast
The Old Man

it is not part of the Mega-MOD. Just information in that Forums Thread telling you how to do it and what tools are needed with links to those tools.

Here is link to Post for 4GIG Patch

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-18-11 at 03:25 PM.