SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-19, 02:50 PM   #16
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
this is just a thought by looking at this document (as it was so close to the values used by sh3) and ,of course, the binaries to be the way.Are you sure that you saw ,at this tutorial you mentioned, a matching to binaries?
[...]
Sorry , i don't understand you here, you think that my thought is correct or not ?
Yes and no. The tutorial showed that the format described in menu1024x768.ini is compatible with the TGA (Targa files) format. That's why you do not need any additional information. All you need to do is to use the appropriate TGA file (24-bit / 32-bit, some resolution, compression or not, etc.).

Quote:
the "old widescreen gui for GWX" (made by Rubini if i am not mistaken) doesn't contain any breaking editing in its lines
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=195402

Quote:
it is not that bad as you see it. You have your edited menu.ini which contain the knowledge of this missing tutorial.
Have a look in there and tell me the whole entry for the navigation.tga and the whole entry for the mask512.tga.
I will test your values at Display , MatFlags and TexFmt lines of these two entries and see if we have any good gain at ingame ram usage.
I have more time now, so I can now return to SH3, so I will examine it myself. You do not have to use 1:1 pixel textures or alpha channel if unnecessary. Especially for background textures. You can easily use a resolution of twice smaller if the combination of settings will make a good-looking upscaling.

Quote:
even these infos were suspicions of OLC,most of them never cleared and he ended up to use matflags=0x29 and texfmt=0x9 to all.
I believe that there is not the only best setting for all cases. Adjust the settings to your needs.
With today's knowledge, I could do very little memory-consuming GUI for 4K resolution if it was needed. I think you too.
However, it would be more interesting to create a GUI that fits well with every resolution or what I'm still working on, i.e. an editor (maybe WYSIWYG) menu1024x768.ini

Quote:
info that containes about matflags and texfmt lines are the thoughts of OLC and there is no matching to any binaries. So, propably you are talking for some other tutorial.
I remember that the MatFlags bits were described in more detail.
But what I see now will allow you to properly save TGA files as textures and use the appropriate entries in menu1024x768.ini for the least amount of memory.

Quote:
From some more tests i made , i have the sense that for having worthy ingame ram saving ,the quality of menu images must heavily reduced. Lets see
Yes, you are right imo.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 08:33 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamagato View Post
... With today's knowledge, I could do very little memory-consuming GUI for 4K resolution if it was needed. I think you too.
However, it would be more interesting to create a GUI that fits well with every resolution or what I'm still working on, i.e. an editor (maybe WYSIWYG) menu1024x768.ini
Of course, I am going to ask you: "Will you try to make an SH4 compatible version also?"... - sorry - just ignore me...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote