SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-09, 03:10 PM   #16
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufen zum Ziel View Post
Very well done and many thanks to the team. However I could not open it becausei it warned me that it was not a win32 file. Where did I screw up??
you need to use 7z to extract it
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 03:46 PM   #17
Laufen zum Ziel
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 853
Uploads: 457

Thank you SeaWolf. I will give it a try.
Old 12-15-09, 04:13 PM   #18
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby6 View Post
Hello Magic,

Thanks for the quick response. Here's the mods that I'm running:

LSH3_V5
LSH3_V5_DUNKLES_ERKENNUNGSHANDBUCH
LSH3_V5_GUI_OLC
LSH3_V5_GUI_OLC_TYPE-VII-DIALS
LSH3_V5_OHNEERMUEDUNG

I'm working with the mods slowly because I'm having some graphics issues also. Please tell me how to post a screenshot here and I'll be able to show exactly what problems I'm having. Thanks for your help.
Hi !

For screenshot, please download and read this: http://www.filefront.com/14851931/Ho...creenshot.doc/

Yes, and then post a screenshot of your problem !

Greetings,
Magic
Old 12-15-09, 04:19 PM   #19
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Hello !

@ Moderators: Can you make this Thread "sticky" ?

Thank you, best regards,
Magic
Old 12-15-09, 04:45 PM   #20
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@rowi58

I don't speak German but the manual appears to be comprehensive and professionally done. Thumbs up from me
Old 12-15-09, 04:49 PM   #21
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber View Post

I don't speak German but the manual appears to be comprehensive and professionally done. Thumbs up from me
Hi !

Yes, give LSH v5 a chance and test the MOD, you will not regret it!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-15-09, 08:20 PM   #22
rugby6
Watch

Downloads: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi !

For screenshot, please download and read this: http://www.filefront.com/14851931/Ho...creenshot.doc/

Yes, and then post a screenshot of your problem !

Greetings,
Magic
Thanks for the quick reply. I had some graphics problems again, this is a screenshot of the screen that is supposed to be there when you hit the ESC key to exit out of a patrol. Here is a screenshot of the mods that I'm running. I'm still having the TDC problems, I can't adjust the dials using manual targeting. Any help with the graphics issue and the TDC would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
3.2 Gig RAM
Galaxy GE Force 9600 w/512MB Video RAM
Windows XP, SP 3
rugby6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 09:40 PM   #23
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Hello rugby6,

concerning your graphic issues: did you try SH3 without any activated MOD? Do you have the same problems then too?

Just talked to our GUI-Expert, Bertl01, he will have a look after your problems with manual targeting.

Just a cosmetic change in your MOD-list: please activate the dark recon manual after the OLC-GUI. If not there will be a bright "halo" around the darkened ships.

Gretz Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:20 PM   #24
rugby6
Watch

Downloads: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
Hello rugby6,

concerning your graphic issues: did you try SH3 without any activated MOD? Do you have the same problems then too?

Just talked to our GUI-Expert, Bertl01, he will have a look after your problems with manual targeting.

Just a cosmetic change in your MOD-list: please activate the dark recon manual after the OLC-GUI. If not there will be a bright "halo" around the darkened ships.

Gretz Blueduck
Blueduck,

I didn't run the game before I loaded the LSH3 mod. If I disable all the mods will that take me back to the vanilla SH3? If I can do that, I'll try running the game without any mods installed and see if I have the same issues. I was running GWX 3, the exact same graphic problems were experienced with that also, but they happened far more frequently. I'm thinking it might be an issue with my graphic card setup. I'll keep you posted on that.

I'll take the advice on changing the mods around. Thanks so much for the input. The mod is a piece of art for sure. If I can figure out the graphics issues I'm sure I'll be playing this for years to come.

Take care.
3.2 Gig RAM
Galaxy GE Force 9600 w/512MB Video RAM
Windows XP, SP 3
rugby6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 02:28 AM   #25
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Default Bouncing cam? Again?

Is it a wrong install, or does LSH3 still have the annoying old bug of the "bouncing camera". Can this be fixed, please, because it goes against the very essence of this otherwise great mod: watching things around the uboat, especially in port. I saw this bug fixed in other supermods, so it can be fixed.

For those who don't know what's this about, here is a brief explanation, as I found it on another forum:

Q: When I go to external camera to look for good screenies, it starts bouncing up and down. One second I'm 100 ft in the air, then 3 seconds later I'm 20 ft under water. Also at times it is tilted about 45 degrees left or right. What's going on?

A - The most common cause for this is when you move the external camera from target to target using the ',' and '.' keys. If you jump to a land-based target (usually a coastal gun emplacement), then it messes up the camera view and the camera movement controls.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 03:11 AM   #26
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Is it a wrong install, or does LSH3 still have the annoying old bug of the "bouncing camera". Can this be fixed, please, because it goes against the very essence of this otherwise great mod: watching things around the uboat, especially in port. I saw this bug fixed in other supermods, so it can be fixed.

For those who don't know what's this about, here is a brief explanation, as I found it on another forum:

Q: When I go to external camera to look for good screenies, it starts bouncing up and down. One second I'm 100 ft in the air, then 3 seconds later I'm 20 ft under water. Also at times it is tilted about 45 degrees left or right. What's going on?

A - The most common cause for this is when you move the external camera from target to target using the ',' and '.' keys. If you jump to a land-based target (usually a coastal gun emplacement), then it messes up the camera view and the camera movement controls.
Hello !

No, that is not an incorrect installation, this is normal and this can not be changed / fixed unfortunately!

This has to do with the bunkers and coastal gun emplacement which are defined as land units, so that they appear on the Navimap.This could only be changed by the bunkers and coastal gun emplacement no longer be defined as land units. But it has the disadvantage, if one wants to sneak into an enemy harbor, you can see on the Navimap not know where the bunkers and coastal gun emplacement are. In addition, it would be a huge effort to change the whole units.

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-16-09, 03:18 AM   #27
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Hi dcd,

i know, this problem can be solved by re-classifying the the LandUnits "Bunker" to "Environmental".

But if we do so, no LandUnit would be announced by the crew - and LSH3 has serveral "enemy bunkers" at "prefered positions" which can sink your boaot...

So in this case, use the F12 and then <SHIFT><ARROW> - with this combination you can go at very "high speed" to the object you what to "inspect".

Greetings
rowi58
Old 12-16-09, 03:31 AM   #28
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Thank you both, rowi and magic, for the explanations. As I play without the God's Eye View, I don't see them on Navmap anyway. There remains the problem of the crew not announcing them, but I'll take the risk anyway and change them to environmental myself.
LSH3 is great and worth the wait! Thanks to the whole team
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 09:36 AM   #29
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11
Default Manual

I have tested the mod for a few hours, and I am impressed. Is there any chance of an English translation of the Manual? My German is poor and reading is very difficult. It is like going back to high school for me.
I know it is unusual, but I really like to read the manual.
In any event, thanks for the mod and all your hard work.
Old 12-16-09, 10:00 AM   #30
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Hi irish1958,

there is an english manual embedded. Have a look in the folder "Handbuch" or so.

Greetings
rowi58

Sorry, or click here

http://www.lsh3.com/v5/download_en.html

and on this site, click on "MiniManual"