SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-07, 05:52 PM   #1411
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderlich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants
just place them in your sounds/gramophone folder and delete the ones you don't want to use
But that is not the same thing, is it? In the original SH3, the background music changed according to the situation (e.g. "tension music" would play when you are hiding submerged and "battle music" would play when you attack, etc.). If I just put them in the gramophone folder, they would not change automatically. That would not create the same atmosphere since those music files would be played "randomly" (or in the order they are placed in the folder) instead of them automatically changing according to game events.
So is it possible to make the music play as in the original SH3?
The problem regarding music in SH3 is that when you turn off the in-game music... it also turns off the menu screen music as well. GWX by default, adds a file that turns off the constant... always there... never goes away... in game music without killing the menu music.

The reason why we did that was to allow the player to hear everything going on around them... much is lost under the music.

If you want to return the in-game music back to situational play... just replace your "Music.Cfg" file in SilentHunterIII/data/Sound/Music folder with a stock SH3 1.4b Music.Cfg file.

OR

Open the Music.Cfg file with Notepad and delete the semi-colons ONLY from the following lines:

[BEGIN]
Tracks=1
Track1=Empty.ogg
;Track1=Intro_1_Master.ogg
;Track2=Intro_2_Master.ogg
;Track3=Intro_3_Master.ogg
[NORMAL]
Tracks=1
Track1=Empty.ogg
;Track1=Stalker_1_Mix.ogg
;Track2=Stalker_2_Mix.ogg
;Track3=Stalker_3_Mix.ogg
;Track4=Stalker_4_Mix.ogg
;Track5=Stalker_5_Mix.ogg
[BATTLE]
Tracks=1
Track1=Empty.ogg
;Track1=Battle_1_Mix.ogg
;Track2=Battle_2_Mix.ogg
;Track3=Battle_3_Mix.ogg
;Track4=Battle_4_Mix.ogg
;Track5=Battle_5_Mix.ogg
;Track6=Battle_6_Mix.ogg
[TENSION]
Tracks=1
Track1=Empty.ogg
;Track1=Tension_1_Mix.ogg
;Track2=Tension_2_Mix.ogg
;Track3=Tension_3_Mix.ogg
;Track4=Tension_4_Mix.ogg
;Track5=Tension_5_Master.ogg
[HIGH TENSION]
Tracks=1
Track1=Empty.ogg
;Track1=High_Tension_1_Master.ogg
;Track2=High_Tension_2_Master.ogg
;Track3=High_Tension_3_Master.ogg
;Track4=High_Tension_4_Master.ogg
;Track5=High_Tension_5_Master.ogg
[VICTORY]
Tracks=3
Track1=Happy_Times_1.ogg
Track2=Happy_Times_2.ogg
Track3=Happy_Times_3.ogg
[DEFEAT]
Tracks=2
Track1=Going_Down.ogg
Track2=Going_Down_2_Master LOOP.ogg
[JOY]
Tracks=1
Track1=Happy_Times_4.ogg
;Track1=empty.ogg
;Track2=Joy_2_Master.ogg
;Track3=Joy_3_Master.ogg

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:56 PM   #1412
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Oh yes... Mr wunderlich...

Welcome to Subsim, sailor. Here is your potato peeler. Fritz is expecting you in the galley.

Like any other community... or family... we have our good days and our bad days.
However, here you will find a common uniform of the virtual submariner.

I hope your stay will be a long one.

Cheers mate!!!

Sink them all!!!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 07:43 PM   #1413
wunderlich
Watch

Downloads: 0

Thank you, Kpt. Lehmann!
Now I've got the music back again and I can enjoy the game 100% !!!
To me, playing the game without any music is like watching a movie without the music soundtrack - it can be quite dull.
Thanks again!!
wunderlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 02:52 PM   #1414
Notewire
Soundman

Downloads: 75

Mein Kapitan,

Thank you for your earlier response on radio contacts. I am currently playing with "no map contacts" and very happily checking with my Radio Man when I do my hourly "stop and listen" checks while hunting.

I simply climb down to the ladder during our dive to listen drill, head to the radio room, and ask the radio man if he has any contacts - and he reports the direction and approximate distance of the last reported contact.

To my question. When discussing this with you (and reading the manual) you have made it clear that the contacts reported (by BdU, radio, aircraft, or otherwise) was set to 5% of the stock game.

I would like to explore either randomization of this 5%, or adjusting it based on year of the war - using JSCones invaluable toolkit - does anybody know where to get at that 5% setting, or (as is usually the case) is it more complicated than that and not easy to adjust?

Sir, thanks again for all your hard work, if you answer me within 48 hours I will know you aren't getting enough family time.

Gut Jagd,
Notewire.
Notewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 07:21 PM   #1415
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Question Concerning Malta:

I've been sailing the med with GWX for about 6 in game months now and I've really noticed the sheer horrible amount of planes flying out of the Malta Airfield between late 41 and september 42.

Imo, there's just too many and too many types for historical accuracy, in september of 42 for example, the battle of el Alamein is going on, this is the point where the allies do not have air superiority in the area between north africa and Italy, so it'd be unlikely for Wellingtons, Sunderlands and Catalinas to fly out of Malta (apart form the airfield being a bit small)

I don't know how tweakable airbases are in how many and which types of planes fly from them but I'd like to suggest downtuning the airbase at Malta somewhat until january of 43 when the Torch landings have taken place and the Afrika Korps is in retreat, as well as the whole American airforce helping out towards air superiority.

just my 2 cents, hope you'll be able to do something with it....
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 11:35 PM   #1416
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Aircover in general is being looked at for 1.04
Your comment have been noted

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 12:05 AM   #1417
Indiana_Jones
Machinist's Mate

Can't seem to install GWX, gets to 021.ogg and says it can't find it or something like that, and asks me to retry or skip, does the same to 022 & 023.ogg.

Kinda gave up after that as it takes like 5 mins then it asks you if you wanna skip etc.

Any advice?

Cheers

-Indy
Indiana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 04:12 AM   #1418
Kaleun_Saxi
Torpedoman

Downloads: 2

Ahoy Kaleuns,

I've got a minor suggestion:

On my first patrol in SH3 + GWX 1.03, in 1939, I left Wilhelmshaven and found a docking Tirpitz Battleship there. The Tirpitz shouldn't appear before 1941, so maybe someone should correct its appearance date in the next update.

Is GWX slowing down everyone's computer? My P4 2,4 GHz 1024 MB RAM Geforce FX 5200 256 MB was playing stock SH3 without problems, but now the external camera is really slow, even in 1x speed.

USS Drum
Kaleun_Saxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 04:15 AM   #1419
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun_Saxi
Ahoy Kaleuns,

I've got a minor suggestion:

On my first patrol in SH3 + GWX 1.03, in 1939, I left Wilhelmshaven and found a docking Tirpitz Battleship there. The Tirpitz shouldn't appear before 1941, so maybe someone should correct its appearance date in the next update.
I'm too lazy to retype it... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106182
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 05:05 AM   #1420
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptinCranky
Question Concerning Malta:

I've been sailing the med with GWX for about 6 in game months now and I've really noticed the sheer horrible amount of planes flying out of the Malta Airfield between late 41 and september 42.

Imo, there's just too many and too many types for historical accuracy, in september of 42 for example, the battle of el Alamein is going on, this is the point where the allies do not have air superiority in the area between north africa and Italy, so it'd be unlikely for Wellingtons, Sunderlands and Catalinas to fly out of Malta (apart form the airfield being a bit small)

I don't know how tweakable airbases are in how many and which types of planes fly from them but I'd like to suggest downtuning the airbase at Malta somewhat until january of 43 when the Torch landings have taken place and the Afrika Korps is in retreat, as well as the whole American airforce helping out towards air superiority.

just my 2 cents, hope you'll be able to do something with it....
Just one thing to consider when talking about Malta. Although the island is rather small (only 23 km in lenght) it had 5 airfields in WW2 (Luqa, Hal Far, Qrendi, Safi and Ta'Qali) as well as a sea plane station in Kalafrana Bay. Having visited the island it is hard to image, but it must have been crawling with British troups and aircraft during the war. BTW the neigboring island of Gozo also had an airfield.

Apart from the airfield at Luqa which now is the international airport, all other airfields were closed but on my visit in 2000 I could make out many traces. Hal Far still exists but is now an industrial complex where one runway was converted into a road and the second one into a dragstrip. You can also make out the runways of Qrendi which are located southwest of Luca and now also serve as a normal roads. Ta'Qali runway was also converted into a normal road and parking space with several roundabouts surrounded by a park, a stadium and IIRC an open air theater. Safi was simply integrated into Luqa airport since they were close together and the runways flushed exactly. So the long runway of Luqa airport actually was two runways on two different airfields

Last edited by Woof1701; 06-01-07 at 06:08 AM.
Woof1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 05:14 AM   #1421
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun_Saxi

Is GWX slowing down everyone's computer? My P4 2,4 GHz 1024 MB RAM Geforce FX 5200 256 MB was playing stock SH3 without problems, but now the external camera is really slow, even in 1x speed.
Try the Lite Harbour Traffic option

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 09:33 AM   #1422
Dragnet
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Default GWX has problem with GeForce 8800GTX?

Anyone has a GeForce 8800GTX and runs GWX without problems?

For me it freezes after a while (even in the menus) with graphical glitches on screen. Plan vanilla SH3 1.4b works fine.
Dragnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 12:01 PM   #1423
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3
Default Community manual - GWX Page

Greetings;
As many of you already know the Community manual has been restored and back on-line. It needs a presentation - information page for GWX in the Mods section. I am looking for a few dedicated GWX players or modders to volunteer and help create the page.
Interested? You'll need an account to log on as annon edits have been disabled to help prevent abuse/spam. You should also be familiar with some wiki mark-up, peice of cake. There is a template there, but for a super-mod of this scale feel free to be creative.

SilentHunterIII Community Manual

Thanx!
danurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 06:50 PM   #1424
Indiana_Jones
Machinist's Mate

Got it working, the GWX3.bin file was naffed.

-Indy
Indiana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 06:56 PM   #1425
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Do you know where you got that first D\L from ?
Glad you got it sorted

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote