SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-11, 01:28 AM   #7561
GrizzzLyblanc
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 459
Uploads: 0
Default Schnorkel

http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-889SchnorkelPhotos.htm

GrizzzLyblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 03:39 AM   #7562
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

It's looking fantastic

Keep on

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 05:55 AM   #7563
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

this is great news TDW
Old 08-06-11, 08:44 AM   #7564
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzzLyblanc View Post
Right now I can only get the non-hinged, double tube telescopic snorkel working. I can't place it where it needs to be either due to it's size. Thus it has been placed in the conn just to the left and a little back of the XO. Yes it's not accurate but have to work with what we have. It's better than nothing that's for sure. I'll continue working on it trying to get a hinged snorkel to work.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 10:22 AM   #7565
ETsd4
中国水兵

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Where is this highlighted yellow information?
I reread the text-passage

max speed when snorkeling with electic-motor <= 6 kn
max speed when snorkeling with diesel-engine <= 9 - 10.5 kn

... and the above specification was given for a XXI-U-boot, not for the VIIC-type & variants.
ETsd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 04:23 PM   #7566
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

right now editing v6.7.0 to incorporate my Uboat_Snorkel mod and to allow the UI to control it better. Making provisions where speed is checked if periscope or snorkel is raised and if speed > max speed allowed then speed it set to max speed allowed. Also setting up the ability to auto-recharge batteries when snorkel raised (via user option)
Old 08-06-11, 04:58 PM   #7567
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Also setting up the ability to auto-recharge batteries when snorkel raised (via user option)
Thank you A LOT TheDarkWraith
Old 08-06-11, 09:32 PM   #7568
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Auto-recharging of batteries when snorkel is raised (and conditions are correct) has been coded and working great This auto-recharging in enabled by default in the options file.

The limiting speed to a specified max speed when snorkel is raised (and you are submerged) has been coded and is working great Max speed is specified in options file

I still have to figure out how I want to limit speed based on whether a periscope is extended. Problem is getting the periscope's current height. This feature will not make it in v6.7.0

Lots of debug code added for the torp doors to hopefully catch the error that some users get of torp door disabled when it shouldn't be

My Uboat snorkel mod has been incorporated into v6.7.0

The CO2 level still increases when snorkel is raised. This is game bug that will take digging into .exe and .act files to fix. Will take time to do.

All that's left to do is package it up and upload

Change log for v6.7.0:
v6.7.0 - fixed bug in radio messages where if TC 1 on new radio message was enabled sound would sometimes not be played
- fixed bug of campaign radio messages sometimes not being read in at game start
- fixed some logic problems with the command buttons in the Automation page
- Added a new command button to Automation's commands: save started currently activated scripts. When pressed it will save the started currently activated scripts to file. Upon game start it will read this file and if any previously activated scripts are found it will automatically start them
- folder structure for radio message sounds changed so that mod can pick a random sound from available sounds in folders
- added a new user option that controls where the player teleports to when the dive button is pressed. Valid values are: None - do not teleport anywhere, "TelToObsScope" - teleport to obs scope, "TelToAttackScope" - teleport to attack scope, "TelToRadar" - telelport to radar station, "TelToHydrophone" - teleport to hydrophone station, "TelToCaptainsBed" - teleport to Captain's bed (DiveTeleportToStation)
- added a new user option that controls where the player teleports to when the periscope depth button is pressed. Valid values are: None - do not teleport anywhere, "TelToObsScope" - teleport to obs scope, "TelToAttackScope" - teleport to attack scope, "TelToRadar" - telelport to radar station, "TelToHydrophone" - teleport to hydrophone station, "TelToCaptainsBed" - teleport to Captain's bed (PeriscopeDepthTeleportToStation)
- added a new user option that controls where the player teleports to when the snorkel depth button is pressed. Valid values are: None - do not teleport anywhere, "TelToObsScope" - teleport to obs scope, "TelToAttackScope" - teleport to attack scope, "TelToRadar" - telelport to radar station, "TelToHydrophone" - teleport to hydrophone station, "TelToCaptainsBed" - teleport to Captain's bed (SnorkelDepthTeleportToStation)
- added a new user option that controls where the player teleports to when the emergency surface button is pressed. Valid values are: None - do not teleport anywhere, "TelToObsScope" - teleport to obs scope, "TelToAttackScope" - teleport to attack scope, "TelToRadar" - telelport to radar station, "TelToHydrophone" - teleport to hydrophone station, "TelToCaptainsBed" - teleport to Captain's bed (EmergencySurfaceTeleportToStation)
- added a new user option that controls where the player teleports to when the surface button is pressed. Valid values are: None - do not teleport anywhere, "TelToObsScope" - teleport to obs scope, "TelToAttackScope" - teleport to attack scope, "TelToRadar" - telelport to radar station, "TelToHydrophone" - teleport to hydrophone station, "TelToCaptainsBed" - teleport to Captain's bed (SurfaceDepthTeleportToStation)
- Automation's Navigate_from_file command now let's you resume navigation from a close waypoint if waypoint_resume > 0. waypoint_resume is defined in the .SHN file as a new header
- Automation's Navigate_from_file command now let's you define bufferzones around the sub. These bufferzones are used to detect units. If a unit crosses a bufferzone then the command will take action based on settings in the .SHN file
- Automation's Navigate_from_file command now let's you specify the radius of the waypoints (precision and non-precision). When this radius is reached the next waypoint will be ordered up
- Radio messages updated to include columns for sound type to play and volume level of the sound to play. Currently applies only to regular radio messages (not campaign radio messages)
- Incorporated my Uboat_Snorkel mod into this one (all uboat's snorkels are enabled by default)
- Sub's snorkel depth changed to 14.0m from 10.0m
- added missing countries to \data\Roster\Names.cfg's [Countries] header brought to my attention by Ruby2000
- added a new user option that controls whether battery recharge mode is ordered up when the snorkel is raised (and conditions are right for snorkeling). Default value is True (enabled) (AutomaticallyOrderRechargeModeWhenSnorkeling)
- added a new user option that specifies the maximum speed allowed underwater when snorkel is raised. Default value is 10.0knots (GetMaxSpeedWhenSnorkelRaised)
- added lots of debug code for the torp doors to help catch the error that sometimes the torp door is disabled when it shouldn't be
Old 08-06-11, 10:02 PM   #7569
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Actually in special abilities there is an ability CO2LevelIncreaseRate
You could have it as a minus value i think . Ask the motor officer to turn vents on snorkel . Just another way around it maybe .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 12:31 AM   #7570
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v6.7.0 released. See post #1 for details
Old 08-07-11, 03:01 AM   #7571
Linavitch
Officer

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Thank you. (Again)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=108090746
Linavitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 04:26 AM   #7572
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Sure I saw this mentioned somewhere at subsim recently but can't find it for the life of me - is the torpedo man's passive speed/damage ability fixed in this mod (or MO)? I see the guy has 'extra damage/range' with either this or MO so guessing you just changed the ability so it couldn't cause the problem?

Last edited by 0rpheus; 08-07-11 at 04:56 AM.
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 05:39 AM   #7573
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

This is a fantastic update TDW
Thanks
Old 08-07-11, 06:30 AM   #7574
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Many thanks TDW !
Old 08-07-11, 08:04 AM   #7575
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Another question: Do I need anymore the v0.0.8 from SubFlags MOD, here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167037 as a Standalone MOD, or is this version in new UI v6.7.0 included ?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui