SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-13, 10:02 AM   #1696
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Didn't know there was a problem with AO texture coordinates. What is the problem? Tell me how I can try and duplicate the 'problem' so I can see for myself. I'll need a detailed step by step procedure including the file to open.

OK, no problem - I'll show You (step by step) what am I doing. I think that Privateer found where's the bug - his files transformer eliminates this bug (Thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200794)

[I'll do it in few days / weeks, because now I'm busy...]

Last edited by silentmichal; 01-15-13 at 12:01 PM.
silentmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 10:21 AM   #1697
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I'll do a write-up of how to change geometry via points and scaling later today because I don't think anyone understands this/knows how. Anything else anyone is wondering how to do/is possible to do?
Yes, what about a step by step tutorial on cloning a GR2 file for creating a simple new object/unit from one already featured in game?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 05:53 PM   #1698
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Yes, what about a step by step tutorial on cloning a GR2 file for creating a simple new object/unit from one already featured in game?
This one is really simple. Copy the file you want to clone with Explorer. Rename it to the name you want it to have. Open the file with GR2 Editor/Viewer. Now rename the model, skeleton, and the main bone to the file's name (this applies to GR2 files with only one model and skeleton). Save file. Done

If you want to change the meshes then select the mesh in the meshes tab and import the 3D model data into it.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 01-15-13 at 06:21 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 06:48 PM   #1699
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmichal View Post
OK, no problem - I'll show You (step by step) what am I doing. I think that Privateer found where's the bug - his files transformer eliminates this bug (Thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200794)

[I'll do it in few days / weeks, because now I'm busy...]
That still doesn't show me anything. I need data, files, pictures, etc. so that I can see what the so called error is. I can import 3D model data from Wings3D with no problems so I would say S3D is exporting the data differently or by it's own rules. I tried to follow the OBJ format standard as best as possible (I don't support everything in the OBJ format).
Old 01-15-13, 07:07 PM   #1700
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
This one is really simple. Copy the file you want to clone with Explorer. Rename it to the name you want it to have. Open the file with GR2 Editor/Viewer. Now rename the model, skeleton, and the main bone to the file's name (this applies to GR2 files with only one model and skeleton). Save file. Done

If you want to change the meshes then select the mesh in the meshes tab and import the 3D model data into it.
Thank you TDW, I had only a vague idea about what had to be done, but with your explainations everything is more clear. I have two more questions though:

- is there any lilimitation to the names that can be used, besides the rule regarding the single model GR2's.

- Once a GR2 is cloned and its mehes, skeletons, and bones are renamed, the Id's of its sim, zon, etc files have to be remapped accordingly. By righ clicking on the items of a GR2 file in Goblin, and selecting 'Edit controllers', 2 hex number separeted by a colon are displayed. Which on these numbers is the Id to be used as controller's parent?
Old 01-15-13, 08:32 PM   #1701
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
is there any lilimitation to the names that can be used, besides the rule regarding the single model GR2's.

- Once a GR2 is cloned and its mehes, skeletons, and bones are renamed, the Id's of its sim, zon, etc files have to be remapped accordingly. By righ clicking on the items of a GR2 file in Goblin, and selecting 'Edit controllers', 2 hex number separeted by a colon are displayed. Which on these numbers is the Id to be used as controller's parent?
I don't know what the limitations are for symbols that can be used in names with GR2 files. I would stick with the common symbols (letters, numbers, underscore, #, $, @) to be safe.

The 2 hex numbers make an ID by:

Take the first hex number and read it backwards. If it was 0A56BC20 you would read that as 20BC560A. Take the second number and do the same to it. If it was AA04A0FF then it would be FFA004AA. Thus the ID would be 20BC560AFFA004AA. That took me months to figure out!!!
Old 01-15-13, 08:58 PM   #1702
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

for a tutorial on how to manipulate an object's geometry and vertices using the mouse see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=105

Old 01-15-13, 09:23 PM   #1703
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I don't know what the limitations are for symbols that can be used in names with GR2 files. I would stick with the common symbols (letters, numbers, underscore, #, $, @) to be safe.
Shouldn't we keep the same number of letters as the original name?

Quote:
The 2 hex numbers make an ID by:

Take the first hex number and read it backwards. If it was 0A56BC20 you would read that as 20BC560A. Take the second number and do the same to it. If it was AA04A0FF then it would be FFA004AA. Thus the ID would be 20BC560AFFA004AA. That took me months to figure out!!!
Thank you TDW, I wouldn't ever have figured it out, seems enigma encryption to me

I wonder which secrets devs wanted to defend

Quote:
for a tutorial on how to manipulate an object's geometry and vertices using the mouse see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=105

Old 01-15-13, 09:25 PM   #1704
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Shouldn't we keep the same number of letters as the original name?
You can if you want but my app will allow you to either shorten, lengthen, or keep the same length. It's your choice Once I finally perfected my pointer updater many, many versions ago I am free to do whatever I want
Old 01-15-13, 09:31 PM   #1705
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I wonder which secrets devs wanted to defend
Anything can be cracked/figured out. It just takes time and perseverance
Old 01-15-13, 09:34 PM   #1706
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
You can if you want but my app will allow you to either shorten, lengthen, or keep the same length. It's your choice Once I finally perfected my pointer updater many, many versions ago I am free to do whatever I want

Quote:
Anything can be cracked/figured out. It just takes time and perseverance
Anything, but automatic translations from Russian to English
Old 01-15-13, 09:36 PM   #1707
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Anything, but automatic translations from Russian to English
That language (Russian) just isn't right. Neither is Chinese/Mandarin/Japanese. At least with French, German, and Spanish I can sorta make out what the word infers to or what the sentence is trying to convey.
Old 01-15-13, 09:40 PM   #1708
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Thank you TDW, I wouldn't ever have figured it out, seems enigma encryption to me
Remember that I use a hex editor. So this is how the ID would appear to me in a hex editor. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure you have to reverse the complete ID for use in S3D. I don't use S3D and never will.
Old 01-15-13, 10:01 PM   #1709
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
That language (Russian) just isn't right. Neither is Chinese/Mandarin/Japanese. At least with French, German, and Spanish I can sorta make out what the word infers to or what the sentence is trying to convey.
I think there's a reason for it: neolatin and even germanic languages have inherited most of their syntax from latin. You can translate an Italian text into English word by word , and still understand the general meaning of the phrase. Moreover, many words of our respective languages have a common root, and this helps a lot too. Not so for Russian, Chinese, etc...

Quote:
Remember that I use a hex editor. So this is how the ID would appear to me in a hex editor. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure you have to reverse the complete ID for use in S3D. I don't use S3D and never will.
With your skills, you don't need to, but for me s3d is still a valid tool, and in many cases it helped me to do things I couldn't have done with Goblin.
Old 01-15-13, 10:25 PM   #1710
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
That language (Russian) just isn't right.

The most right language is Latin

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote