Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-31-09, 09:27 PM   #1
trek
Sailor man

Downloads: 610
Uploads: 0
Default T34vsTiger and AC3 Filter Config (Need Help!)

I'm having trouble getting TvT to run after doing a reinstall. After troubleshooting, it seems like the AC3 Config filter has something to do with the game not starting.

I'm getting an "Unable to initialize 3D driver error message."

Does TvT use this program and what are the default settings for TvT within the AC3 control panel?

AC3 is not affecting any other game I have, so it must be only relevant to TvT. Anyone have any experience and info about this?

Old 12-31-09, 11:29 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I'm having trouble getting TvT to run after doing a reinstall. After troubleshooting, it seems like the AC3 Config filter has something to do with the game not starting.

I'm getting an "Unable to initialize 3D driver error message."

Does TvT use this program and what are the default settings for TvT within the AC3 control panel?

AC3 is not affecting any other game I have, so it must be only relevant to TvT. Anyone have any experience and info about this?
trek you need to supply more information details before you can expect anybody to help you.

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 12:59 AM   #3
trek
Sailor man

Yeah, ZeeWolf you're right. Scratch that first post. AC3 has no bearing on TvT.

Starting TvT seems to be sporadic. Sometimes it will start and sometimes not. When it freezes I sometimes get a black screen. I then have to task manager out of it.

Task manager is showing "active movie window not responding."

I've reinstalled TvT several times now, and have installed the "unofficial patch on this last install, and also all the "msvcr files."

I've had the original install since TvT first came out. I did the original game msvcr files fix at the beginning. I would have a very rare game hangup on some starts but nothing like now after the reinstall. I tried installing the new TvT beta mod and it failed for me. So I had to uninstall the game.

I'm a longtime modder and most of my games have installed mods. I just installed the mods for SFK42. I've always been able to fix a problem with any mod or game gone wrong in the past. I seemed to be stumped on this one, though.

Anyway, if you have any ideas on a fix for me I would greatly appreciate it.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 01:18 AM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Yeah, ZeeWolf you're right. Scratch that first post. AC3 has no bearing on TvT.

Starting TvT seems to be sporadic. Sometimes it will start and sometimes not. When it freezes I sometimes get a black screen. I then have to task manager out of it.

Task manager is showing "active movie window not responding."

I've reinstalled TvT several times now, and have installed the "unofficial patch on this last install, and also all the "msvcr files."

I've had the original install since TvT first came out. I did the original game msvcr files fix at the beginning. I would have a very rare game hangup on some starts but nothing like now after the reinstall. I tried installing the new TvT beta mod and it failed for me. So I had to uninstall the game.

I'm a longtime modder and most of my games have installed mods. I just installed the mods for SFK42. I've always been able to fix a problem with any mod or game gone wrong in the past. I seemed to be stumped on this one, though.

Anyway, if you have any ideas on a fix for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Try updating your Direct X then you will probably need to update your video CoDecs. But because you still have not supplied any system info you make it impossible for anyone to really help you.

ZeeWolf

Old 01-01-10, 10:43 AM   #5
trek
Sailor man

My System Specs:

Falcon Northwest Fragbox 2 PC
Vista 32-bit OS
Intel 3.16ghz Duo-Core Chip
ATI Palit Radeon 4850GC
500MB HD w/210 FreeSpace

On reinstall the program indicated that the DX was updated on my system and did not need to install.

I'm trying to remember about the Msvcr files. In the download there are five files...are all five supposed to be placed in the game's general directory, or some in other files within TVT?

Also, I'm not familiar with the procedure for updating the codec. I need specific info. Thanks.
Old 01-01-10, 10:46 AM   #6
trek
Sailor man

Sorry, I'm still asleep, that's a 500GB HD of course. BTW, ZeeWolf, Happy New Year!

I hope with your help I can get TvT fixed, I love this game and SFK42. I also play T72 and SBProPE. I'm a tanker to the core.
Old 01-01-10, 12:19 PM   #7
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
My System Specs:

Falcon Northwest Fragbox 2 PC
Vista 32-bit OS
Intel 3.16ghz Duo-Core Chip
ATI Palit Radeon 4850GC
500MB HD w/210 FreeSpace

On reinstall the program indicated that the DX was updated on my system and did not need to install.

I'm trying to remember about the Msvcr files. In the download there are five files...are all five supposed to be placed in the game's general directory, or some in other files within TVT?

Also, I'm not familiar with the procedure for updating the codec. I need specific info. Thanks.
Here the files I assumed you had already,

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr-Files.zip/

As far as CoDecs for Vista you may have google that your self I know nothing about Vista. A simple fix is delete or rename the files in T34vsTiger\Video directory.

ZeeWolf

Old 01-01-10, 01:01 PM   #8
trek
Sailor man

Thanks ZeeWolf,
I've googled the error messages. I've already done a defrag of my HD and ran CCleaner for clearing registry files. I'm now DL the lastest update for Vista SP2. From the google info that CAN be a fix for the Active Movie Maker not working.

I will try the manual deleting of the files in the TvT Video Directory.

Seems from my research, updating Codec Files is a time-consuming and risky procedure, so I'd like to avoid this method if possible.

I've also contemplated updating the drivers for my ATI Radeon 4850GC, but since I'm having NO problems on my other 30 games with the present ones I'm hesitant to do it.

Recent feedback from friends who play many of the same games I do is their updating of their ATI drivers caused more problems than fixes. I'll eventually check the ATI driver site for the latest feedback on this subject.

I assume that my question about placing all the Mscvr files in the TvT main directory is correct?
Old 01-01-10, 01:35 PM   #9
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thanks ZeeWolf,
I've googled the error messages. I've already done a defrag of my HD and ran CCleaner for clearing registry files. I'm now DL the lastest update for Vista SP2. From the google info that CAN be a fix for the Active Movie Maker not working.

I will try the manual deleting of the files in the TvT Video Directory.

Seems from my research, updating Codec Files is a time-consuming and risky procedure, so I'd like to avoid this method if possible.

I've also contemplated updating the drivers for my ATI Radeon 4850GC, but since I'm having NO problems on my other 30 games with the present ones I'm hesitant to do it.

Recent feedback from friends who play many of the same games I do is their updating of their ATI drivers caused more problems than fixes. I'll eventually check the ATI driver site for the latest feedback on this subject.

I assume that my question about placing all the Mscvr files in the TvT main directory is correct?
I am sorry I don't have more for you but with guts like yourself how are will to do the leg work so to speak I think we can offer more of a resource for tech issues especially concerning Vista.

And yes all files in T34vsTiger directory.

ZeeWolf

Old 01-01-10, 02:19 PM   #10
trek
Sailor man

ZeeWolf,
While I've got your attention, I'd like to quiz you on the TvT Beta Mod. If I can get it to run and give it a trial, I too would be willing to pay for new missions.

I've read the thread on the installs and want to clarify the best way to try the install again.

You list three DL's:

Graphics Files: Which I've already installed.

The Automatic Installer: Which I tried once and for some reason did'nt work.

The JSGME version.

I think I would try using only the JSGME this time. Usually I will create a TempFolder and extract it there and manually place the JSGME in the game directory, then enable it before starting the game (this has worked on my other modded games.)

An obvious question I suppose: But the file says: JSGME_ZW_Mods.7z, which indicates to me that the mod IS included in the JSGME and will be in the extract? And I assume I CAN install this way without using the self-installer that I tried before?

Not trying to be a pain, but I want to be clear on this before I try again.

A final note: I've seen your posts on the SimHQ forums. I would suggest that you also post info on your Mod on the forum at www.wargamer.com.

I think there would be a lot of interest in your Mod. We've had a lot of discussion on TvT, SFK42 and SBProPE. This will really help you to get the word out even more. And, thanks again for your patience and help.
Old 01-01-10, 02:36 PM   #11
trek
Sailor man

ZeeWolf,

Follow-up. Updating Windows Vista SP2 and renaming the video files in TvT fixed the problem.

Please respond to my above post on specifics on trying your mod again, as I'm anxious to play your new missions.

I should've known about the video files fix as I had the same problem a year ago with another game, Enemy Engaged 2. I guess I'm getting old and my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Get back to me on my questions on your Mod and thanks much for your help!

Happy Hunting!
Trek
Old 01-01-10, 02:48 PM   #12
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
ZeeWolf,

Follow-up. Updating Windows Vista SP2 and renaming the video files in TvT fixed the problem.

Please respond to my above post on specifics on trying your mod again, as I'm anxious to play your new missions.

I should've known about the video files fix as I had the same problem a year ago with another game, Enemy Engaged 2. I guess I'm getting old and my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Get back to me on my questions on your Mod and thanks much for your help!

Happy Hunting!
Trek
Thanks Trek, I won't forget you!
But you will learn the older you get that the memory issue I am sorry to have to report only worse

ATB
ZeeWolf