SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-17, 02:35 PM   #4831
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dave J. Harper View Post
probably a stupid question but hows the weather any storms or fog they could be possible reasons tooi know in TMO a bad enough storm screws me

EDIT: fully reinstalled sh4 and uboat missions and verified the game cache(replaceing loke 500 files in the process as a result) got JSGME in my game got my ods foulder and all my mods,now JSGME is popping an error when i go to activate the mod as well as freezeing when the progress bar to activate it fills up.. i closed the program and relaunched it the mods inactive i have no idea what to do im trying to reactivate it and ill see if anything changes

EDIT2: ok so thte mod activated but now the games popping an error
a dialoh box comes up with a yellow triangleed! saying"there is a new(not implemented) page <page PlayerRank and now the game just sits on the first loading bar you get after the intro vid with the bar full after filling up ive hit ok 3-4 times on the error but the games still on the loadingbar and i have to alt F4 it as it wont pop back up to it(screens black ) after i tabbed out to type this

EDIT3:nevermind i clicked through the error then it poped 4-5 more and my game crashed soo idk whats up
Good evening Capt Dave J. Harper

Have you installed and activated the Large Address Aware for SH4?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228888

Have you tried to re-download all the mods again to make sure nothing is missing or corrupted?
Old 07-01-17, 02:59 PM   #4832
Capt Dave J. Harper
Watch

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

ive never had to use large adress aware with any mod ive ever run o sh4.. i figured it was an option as to redownloading the mod my TMO mod works flawlessly so maybe ill need to re download FOTRS and give it a shot

EDIT the link you gave dosent work but it came with the mod so i have it if that really is the problem..gonna try a redownload/reactivation first before tho
Capt Dave J. Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 03:11 PM   #4833
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

CapnScurvy has a thread Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install that has temporarily lost all of its pictures due to a Photobucket TOU change, so you'd have to wait for his pix to come back up, but very thorough, especially if you're using Windows 10. It's still very useful for the older versions though. The use of LAA is almost mandatory with this mod, there are so many resources in it.... The mod is actually bigger than the whole game itself...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 03:22 PM   #4834
Capt Dave J. Harper
Watch

ok so i ran the program that cAame with the mod followed iaas instructions,im srtill getting the popup with the errors i specfied above upon loading.. i dont know what to do now

i should add that i have windows 7 and everything ive done sense getting this mod(i could at least get into the sub ) seems like ive gone backwards... im debateing goin back to triggermaru..
Old 07-01-17, 05:17 PM   #4835
propbeanie

I'd go back to the TMO you had previously for now. But I will point you at MultiSH4 for future reference. The download link on that page isn't any good, but it is here on subsim at:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1110

That little jewel of an applet will allow you to change the Save folder of a 2nd install of SH4, if you can manage to do that with Steam (I haven't tried it yet myself). If you can, you could have the TMO install and a FotRSU install that you could experiment with, each with a Save folder that you named... I'll see if we can find anyone who has done a Steam install since they did that update about a year ago... I'm thinking it can be done by changing the name of the install folder, but I'm not certain...

Old 07-01-17, 05:34 PM   #4836
Capt Dave J. Harper
Watch

sounds good,thank you

EDIT now JSGME is poping a redcircle with an Xin the middle of it(thats the error icon in the dialog box saying cannot create file"C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter wolves of the pacific\MODS\!INSTLOGS\Trigger maru install.log". the system cannot find the path specified thats basically JSGME telling me to reinstall it right? i can close the program and then enable the mod without that error but im afraid itll screw up my game

Last edited by Capt Dave J. Harper; 07-01-17 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-01-17, 07:28 PM   #4837
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Really quick turn-around in Surabaya!!

Was completing a mission out of Surabaya that started mid-February '42 when reveived message to all Asiatic fleet boats to change base to Perth. But, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, so I went there to complete this mission arriving Feb 28 '42 at 01:34. After refitting, accepted a new patrol to South China Sea that started Feb 28 '42 at 00:00 hours! Quick refit huh! Even turned back time. And, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, not Perth. Forgot to add this image,

Just making you aware if you didn't know already.
But, on the bright side, the sonar "issue" seems to be fixed, other than for the Submarine School Torpedo Attack mission I encountered the other day.
No problems installing Beta 62, have run thru a few missions starting Jan '42 with no in mission problems.
Happy to be aboard Boss
Old 07-01-17, 10:14 PM   #4838
propbeanie

How are we back to that one?!?!?... thanks jldjs - that's in the flotillas file, and makes me wonder if we rolled something shtinkie into this mix... Gotta check file times / dates tomorrow.

Old 07-01-17, 10:46 PM   #4839
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
This capability will not be in the next release...v0.62 (which should be anytime now). Too much other testing to change units to suit these revelations....but we should be able to correct this long standing stock game issue of having ships unheard with manual hydrophone use.
I thank you, my Coastal Paddlewheel Steamer thanks you, and oh yeah. My Cutie MK27s thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I wonder if any other hosting sites will follow suit?...
If photo...cough....extortobucket shows an increase in revenue as a result then you can bet on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
so those pics serve as tombstones for Photobucket
ROFL. Poetic Justice. And, hopefully, a profoundly prophetic statement.

Quote:
EDIT3:nevermind i clicked through the error then it poped 4-5 more and my game crashed soo idk whats up
Just a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) here, and a swing for the bleachers I know. But it occurs to me, at this point, that it is not at all impossible that you could have a corrupted downloaded copy of the FOTRS Ultimate mod. If I just kept hitting brick walls after carefully and precisely following all the well seasoned advice that can be found here then I would consider trying another download over a secure hardwired network connection. I don't know if you are downloading over Wi-Fi or Ethernet, but I would recommend the later most definitely for important file integrity. And even that is not a guarantee due to the vagaries of the internet connection itself. Both at your location and at the location of the server upon which the data is stored. Also, I would grab my file structure, in whole, from the Steam folder and park it somewhere else, ideally on a separate drive from my operating system and try running it from there. This is my old flight simulator experience talking here and I have found that this is beneficial for any game's performance. If no separate drive is available then most definitely a separate folder created on your single drive. Additonally there is Anti-Virus software to think about. Most good AV products have a setting available where you set it to not constantly scrutinize what is going on with your game .exe file and all the folder locations affected. Don't forget the My Documents location and also possibly (I'm kind of unsure on this) the App Data locations. This problem can be beat. You just need to implement a set of logical steps to win that fight. I hope this helps. My fingers are crossed for you.

Last edited by Immelmann; 07-01-17 at 11:40 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 11:55 PM   #4840
Capt Dave J. Harper
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
I thank you, my Coastal Paddlewheel Steamer thanks you, and oh yeah. My Cutie MK27s thank you.

If photo...cough....extortobucket shows an increase in revenue as a result then you can bet on it.

ROFL. Poetic Justice. And, hopefully, a profoundly prophetic statement.

Just a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) here, and a swing for the bleachers I know. But it occurs to me, at this point, that it is not at all impossible that you could have a corrupted downloaded copy of the FOTRS Ultimate mod. If I just kept hitting brick walls after carefully and precisely following all the well seasoned advice that can be found here then I would consider trying another download over a secure hardwired network connection. I don't know if you are downloading over Wi-Fi or Ethernet, but I would recommend the later most definitely for important file integrity. And even that is not a guarantee due to the vagaries of the internet connection itself. Both at your location and at the location of the server upon which the data is stored. Also, I would grab my file structure, in whole, from the Steam folder and park it somewhere else, ideally on a separate drive from my operating system and try running it from there. This is my old flight simulator experience talking here and I have found that this is beneficial for any game's performance. If no separate drive is available then most definitely a separate folder created on your single drive. Additonally there is Anti-Virus software to think about. Most good AV products have a setting available where you set it to not constantly scrutinize what is going on with your game .exe file and all the folder locations affected. Don't forget the My Documents location and also possibly (I'm kind of unsure on this) the App Data locations. This problem can be beat. You just need to implement a set of logical steps to win that fight. I hope this helps. My fingers are crossed for you.
gonna assume your theguy from twitch ive been watching(im vanguard 68 btw) im hardwired ive never had any issueds with any SH4(or SH3)mod as i have grey wolves for sh3 untill today so my money is its something to do with the download itself or the file /file structure ima pass oon messiing with getting it to run so i dont risk perma screwing my steam SH4 install as much as i wanna try the mod i like being able to play SH4 more ive done everything i can think of and followed all the advice ive seen and have been given but ill keep monitoring the thread and maybe try it again another time...now to get jgme to reinstall TMO and not pop errors... like it was before i tried to get this mod working
Old 07-02-17, 02:34 AM   #4841
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi guys
Download links to Large Address Aware (LAA) and also CapnScurvy's installation instructions can be found in my SH4 signature.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:02 AM   #4842
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Was completing a mission out of Surabaya that started mid-February '42 when reveived message to all Asiatic fleet boats to change base to Perth. But, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, so I went there to complete this mission arriving Feb 28 '42 at 01:34. After refitting, accepted a new patrol to South China Sea that started Feb 28 '42 at 00:00 hours! Quick refit huh! Even turned back time. And, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, not Perth. Forgot to add this image,

Just making you aware if you didn't know already.
But, on the bright side, the sonar "issue" seems to be fixed, other than for the Submarine School Torpedo Attack mission I encountered the other day.
No problems installing Beta 62, have run thru a few missions starting Jan '42 with no in mission problems.
Happy to be aboard Boss
OK, the file time / date stamps are fine, and the dates in Flotillas.cfg are fine. What I'm guessing (I hate doing that) is the timing of your arrival did it jldjs. It's all that the game can do, given the parameters in the game's code. What you end up with is like a "Base Stop". Think of going from Pearl Harbor West to patrol off of Honshu, you ~always~ stop at Midway and top-off the tank. That is a "Base Stop". It should take at least 24 hours to make this move, but in the game, it doesn't even take 24 seconds and you get "Re-Fit Complete" and you're on your way again. That's what you get at Surabaya when you come in on the last day of the base's existence. You get no R&R, and the game is hard-wired to do the "Re-Fit" stuff first, for whatever reason. You gotta admit, it's a much better choice than getting a "Your boat has been captured by the Japanese while you and your crew slept!", so think of it as coming in and doing a "Re-Fit", but with a side-chore of a trip to the South China Sea... If you would have come in on the 27th, you would have gotten a 24 hour layover, and the same assignment, most likely. It'd be nice to be able to control these "Base Stop" thingies better, but oh well... I'm going to say "Functioning as intended" on this one. - NOT SO. More Evidence has been gathered, reply forthcoming - If you think of it next time when coming into one of the bases that are about to move, just do the "Re-Fit" and then head toward the anticipated base, which in this case would be Fremantle. Not much else to do.

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-02-17 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Upon closer examination...
Old 07-02-17, 10:29 AM   #4843
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I'm just now getting around to downloading the "all-inclusive" (using the quintuply-patched previous version for comparing isn't advisable... ), and I'll try some stuff later this afternoon on the sub school. One question though - make that two questions... 1. were you "zoomed-in" looking at the sailors walking about? 2. which of the torpedo missions did you use, the 'easy' one or the 'difficult' one?
I was actually in the first patrol of a new career. with the difficulty set to "Realistic" and 75%. I don't use manual targeting or event camera, I do turn on the external camera, and I don't use the stabilized view. I feel that the career mode gives the most exposure to the variables one will encounter, especially in looking for "flaws". I used both a zoom and "normal" view in attempting the target id; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but my anecdotal evidence is probably not worth much based on my most recent experience.

In my second patrol yesterday afternoon, I had much more success with the auto targeting function. For whatever reason, it let me find and identify targets at virtually all attempted ranges, including some much longer than I would have expected, and some where ships, although pretty close, were barely emerging from a fog bank. I'm going to stop bitching about it and declare it closed from my perspective. Probably not worth wasting your time on it.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:52 AM   #4844
propbeanie

The thing of it is torpedobait, is that it might be the vessel itself, so keep mentioning things like this. We want to track down all that we can. This leads me to re-visiting jldjs' issue just now, where I declared it "functioning as intended"... well, I just found a little something that we've been finding just a little too often in the game, and that is non-existent calendar dates, such as June 31, September 31, etc... Well in the Flotillas.upc file, I just found another February 29th date... Could this be part of the trouble? I would think "YES!!!" All caps, in red, and shouted out really LOUD!...

So, in addition to what's already being worked on by CapnScurvy and s7rikeback (of which, everyone will get a kick), we now have another Flotillas.upc file update coming. If it wouldn't have been for the report, it would not have been found!...

Old 07-02-17, 10:53 AM   #4845
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
i downloaded and just dragged the 100FOTRSectra(to lazy to type the full filename but its whatever the normal download of the mod is) into my mods folder in steam-steamapps-common-sh4-mods ill reactivate it and check my game directory nothings protected(im the only 1 on this pc)all my other mods(TMO2.5,RFB Run silent run deep)work fine sooo idk

EDIT: my mods folder is as follows 100_Falloftherisingsun_ultimate(ectra}FOTRS original FOTRSU 2.0 RFB RFB PATCH runsilentrundeep TMOmetric speed nomoTMOaft deckguns TMO alt engine sounds TMO alt rader performance TMO sample emblem TMO stock gramephone tmoSUBTEXTURES FOOSKIN had caps on for some of the names and obviously some are supose to have underscores..was being lazy sorry if it confuses you
Have you tried running ONLY the FOTARS Ultimate mod without all the other possibly conflicting mods you listed? It is hard to tell from the punctuation, but do you also load another version of FOTARS after the FOTARS Ultimate mod? I wouldn't think you want to do that. It would defeat the purpose of FOTARS Ultimate (assuming it would run, which I doubt). I don't know about adding the RFB, RSRDC, and TMO mods after FOTARS Ultimate either. Seems like that is asking for trouble in running the game. From everything I've seen over the last months, the FOTARS Ult. team has made significant changes to many files, and you may be asking for trouble getting the game to run by adding other major mod components.

I do run a couple of what have proven to be harmless small mods that make it more enjoyable for me, including one to "unmark" the sub by removing the icon that shows on the surface over my boat, one that increases underwater visibility, and one that stops the crew from shouting after the boat takes damage. I add those after first testing the new releases of FOTARS Ultimate and have noticed no adverse impacts. As for what you have added, there may be conflicts between those files that produce strange results. However, you are the captain and it's your choice.

Good luck!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote