Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 02-14-08, 04:55 PM   #1
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Default The Diary of Wilhemus Josephus

Pilot profile:

Aircraft: Albatros DII

Last edited by HunterICX; 02-17-08 at 04:01 PM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 05:29 PM   #2
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

1/9/1916

My first combat mission today, mein gott what am I excited, finally to fight the treacherous English.

The commander told me that there was a baloonz out there that needz to be destroyed.
Von Richtoffen, told me to be Very carefull az the Balloon are heavy protected by machinegewehren.

Its a very shiny day, the sky is clear, a perfect day to fly.

The Albatros ist eine wonderbarre aircraft, its very fast und very manouverable. when I left the ground I become onez with the Aircraft.
I see my 2 air kameraden behindz me also taking off. and now we are off to the front, which isnt far away.

soon when I'm about 2000 meterz high I see the battlefield right open in front of me eyes..unbelievable what the Mensch can do with the earth when trying to cut eachothers throats.

The sound of the howitzers, explosion and the sight of the front makes me feel a part of something great for germany up here in the sky.

Now I'm concentrating, looking around for the balloon.
I notice I get fired at...by the english anti air guns...how pethathic..what do they think?

In the far distance I spot ze Airbaloon....I start to speed up my aircraft to come in fast and to try to get him on surprise and avoid the machine gun fire.

when I was close, I thought it was time to pull the trigger...

A Victory for Germany! it exploded right in front of my sights!
but I had to keep myself cool...I was beeing shot by Machine gun fire...
and bad luck striked my aircraft a small leak in my benzin tank...verdammt!
I looked at my front..and was going to get to our side...if I have to crashland it better be german ground.
I took a last peek on my back and saw the baloon burning on the ground.

I also saw my Kameraden flying just behind me, good...now back to our airbase.

but at the sudden I get shot, I looked around a French airmen!
Scheisse! I breaked off...and still he was behind me , my kameraden didnt do nothing! die schweine!
something wet splattered my face...benzin! the fuel tank was completly shot up with holes! where to land I thought...where to land!
not on the frontline! but I saw no other choise.....my fuel gauge was dropping down very fast....
the french airmen broke of as he saw me go down....now I had to concentrate myself on the landing...almost no benzin left......

I jumped out of my machine...
I looked around....and thank god..I saw a group of german soldiers scouting around and saw me landing, I shooked their handsm greeted them and asked them to blow my aircraft up..they tossed a handgranate in my aircraft and it blew to bits. the scouts took me back to the forwards bases, and I got a ride from a truck back to my airbase where I reported

I told them the mission was completed and that the balloon was destroyed.
but they denied me my score....
I told them about my 2 kameraden, and demanded a replacement of those two schweine! I am prepared to jump in to help anyone..and I expect the same from them! they took this in consideration...also they told me 1 of them was shot down and still was missing. but for now I need something to eat and drink.

Ende.
Wilhemus Josephus.
Old 02-14-08, 08:44 PM   #3
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Ach! Wilhelm you and I are from the same Jasta Ja? We should catch up in the offizer's mess for a schnapps or two I think.

I must have gotten the same two schweinehunden as wingmen as you on my last mission. I was patrolling the front when we got jumped by 6 BritishersI managed to shoot down 2 of them but then got left behind by those cowardly wingmen. My craft got shot up pretty bad but I managed to put here down in a farmers field behind our lines. I was a long walk but finally I found a bicycle left leaning on a wall so I took it and rode it back to the Jasta and got there just after sunset.

Lt Deiter Molnz, Jasta 2 1916

(Great piece of work there Hunter)!
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 11:05 PM   #4
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Well, it seems I make number 3.

Oblt. Fritz Albrecht von Jürgens, 27 kills, joined Jasta 2 on August 25, 1916. Seems we will all be sharing rooms next to one another, eh?

Well, how about we quit talking about schnapps and get down to business: who will BUY the schnapps? :rotfl:
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 07:03 AM   #5
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Good show lad!
Old 02-17-08, 04:01 PM   #6
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Pilot profile Updated,

I completly forgot to put fraps up for screenshot, as I just had one HECK of a dogfight lasted 30 minutes. so no diary input, just a simple combat report

I claim 7 shot down including a French Ace, thought I crashlanded my aircraft again after a Airco shot my engine to pieces.
lets hope the upper command confirms some of my kills
most kills I got by getting their attetion by shooting them, then I lure them low enough to the ground in a Dive and pull up at the last second, mostly they crashed into the ground, rookie airmen I guess really effective tactic when you just scrambled and your on low altitude. the French Ace , I gave his aircraft a good pounding before sending it smoking down to the ground. I had about 400(out of the 1000 max) when I met the 2 Airco's at 3000 meters later on, they had a good shot at me meeting them head on (bad idea)

Night ops is comming next

HunterICX
Old 02-17-08, 04:32 PM   #7
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Good on ya mate! Be careful out there. I've lost many pilots during night ops...
Old 02-17-08, 06:06 PM   #8
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Good on ya mate! Be careful out there. I've lost many pilots during night ops...
Indeed. They have some of the most dangerous missions you're likely to ever head out on. Keep your wits about you and your head out of the clouds (metaphorically).
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 10:14 AM   #9
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Quote:
Indeed. They have some of the most dangerous missions you're likely to ever head out on. Keep your wits about you and your head out of the clouds (metaphorically).
Well... balloon busting missions was also excrutiatingly dangerous. As Biggles once said: "If I wanted to die, I'd just need to fly about 1 kilometer from one of those buggers", to which his friend replied: "No Biggles, you just need to be 2 kilometers from them to live a dangerous life."
Old 02-18-08, 04:35 PM   #10
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

That's it people. I'm picking up a copy of CFS3 next time I'm at the local store. Just for this one.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 04:36 PM   #11
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Quote:
Well... balloon busting missions was also excrutiatingly dangerous. As Biggles once said: "If I wanted to die, I'd just need to fly about 1 kilometer from one of those buggers", to which his friend replied: "No Biggles, you just need to be 2 kilometers from them to live a dangerous life."
And then the Ferret came, laughed at their faces, flew over the balloon, jumped on it, struck it with a needle, jumped off with parachute and knocked out all the soldiers on the ground with harsh jokes.

Chuck Norris helps too.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 04:39 PM   #12
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Chuck Norris helps too.
Understatement of the century :rotfl:

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 07:08 PM   #13
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
That's it people. I'm picking up a copy of CFS3 next time I'm at the local store. Just for this one.
You wont regret it, mate

its a whole different game, and very well made

HunterICX
Old 02-20-08, 06:18 AM   #14
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Deiter Molnz reporting in. I took off this morning with nice weather and a full tank of gas. I managed to make it to the front and got shot up. I managed to down 1 Neiuport before limping home with a shot up wing.

TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 07:29 AM   #15
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Looks like T.J's caught the ww1 bug as well good work lads

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote