Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-26-07, 09:46 AM   #1
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Default Wings Over Europe Servers - BINGO!

What are Wings Over Europe (WOE) about
  • WOE is a dogfight server for IL2-Strurmovik. At the moment it support configuration of Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, Pe-2 „Peshka“ and Il2-1946, i.e. 4.08m version.
  • WOE can be accessed through HyperLobby (WingsOverEurope), All Seiing Eye, or directly at 217.117.216.144:21001.
How does the WOE works

WOE is diferent from many others DF servers because of its dynamic simulation of wartime. World War 2 has ment great progress of aviation and technologies that were used and tested during this period become a base of moder aviation and astronautics. This is amazing period of time that WOE is trying to capture...by simulating a World War 2 time Pro in so called Tour of Duty fro each pilot, shortly the TOD. During the TOD, new planes become accessible as the virtual war time is progressing.. Each pilot can thus experience the feel of early war planes with weka armament as well as nearly jet planesduring the last months of the TOD, walking through his virtual Tour of Duty.
  • Tour of Duty - The TOD duration is customisable. At the moment we simulate the time from January 1940 to December 1945 during 21 days of real time.
  • Rolling planeset (RPS) - The planeset is choosen reflecting the historically proven facts of each aircraft type war service, playability and sometimes also compromising to balance during some periods of TOD. The main focus of planese choosen is at aircrafts flying over the western front of european territory during the WW2
  • Aircraf limitation - WOE is trying to simulate not only the real wartime, but also the gradual supplies to front lines. The new type appearing in the planeset is therefore becoming available in rather restricted numbers, but gradually as the TOD time is progressing, these numbers are increasing to the moment when the plane becomes fully unlimited. The limitations do not apply for heavy bombers and is generally not applied until the January 1941 at any plane.
----------------------------

And here's the nice part. Once you have flown one sortie on the server, you can register to their site. After that you can join an existing squadron or make your own!!! Then the server will start to record the squadron points too, kills etc. of everyone who belong to the squadron!

The server also is played with locked cockpit & no icons, so it's a perfect server for us to fly in.

I already created the SubSim Aviators squadron, only problem is that we have to play either RED or BLUE side. So I went for the RED. Join in!

Link to their site: http://217.117.216.144/
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 10:27 AM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Oh and if you join the squadron, check it regularely to see which side we are on. I can change the side from the Squadron management settings. The current Tour of Duty ends on 2.10. so I will change the side to BLUE, after the 21 day war is over, I change it again to RED and so no.

Also, if you join, then ffs fly the side we are on! No matter if the server has 1:10 teams for the other team! :rotfl:

Oh and Hunter, I have an Squadron XO's position open.
Old 09-26-07, 10:28 AM   #3
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Now I defintly dont like the rules.

set connection to ISDN?
they must be MAD, I keep mine on cable. many games give me huge lag and warping issues when Network config are on ISDN so Uh-Uh I keep mine on Cable.

''Avoid kill-stealing. Badly damaged plane that has lost its parts does not usually need further help. When such behaviour is repeatedly reported with track, the subject pilot may be penalised by banning for long / lifetime.''

a cripled bomber that still is in the air flying straight , is not cripled enough, I shoot anything down that fly's in the air. I hate these pro-baby rules. A only good enemy is a dead enemy, no matter who killed it.

''3x dead = 5 min pilot ban''

:rotfl: ROFLMAO! so if I get killed 3 times because of enemy fire, I get banned for it. Ok give thise Rule-maker a cigar..what a dumb rule

I skip this WOE stuff.

Nah, thanks for the XO offer Dowly,
but I aint going to play historical projects on a set of silly rules which I will not comply with...and if I join...I just play by one rule ''Spot, Chase, pull the trigger, repeat''
Old 09-26-07, 10:34 AM   #4
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Oh ffs, Hunter!

"set connection to ISDN?"

You can change your connection to 0.000000001kb/s and it doesnt matter in IL2.

''Avoid kill-stealing. Badly damaged plane that has lost its parts does not usually need further help. When such behaviour is repeatedly reported with track, the subject pilot may be penalised by banning for long / lifetime.''

Same rule goes for 99% of the servers. Like in UK-Deds, you so highly praised.

You will love this rule when someone comes to the server and crashes the planes just for fun, so the other team will run out of planes. Besides, you can BAIL OUT, you knew that right? :rotfl:

You were the one who wanted virtual squadron, this' the best bet to get it.
Old 09-26-07, 10:48 AM   #5
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Oh ffs, Hunter!

"set connection to ISDN?"

You can change your connection to 0.000000001kb/s and it doesnt matter in IL2.
I had the issues that my IL2 sturmovik (the first one) was unplayable because I found out that on ISDN did not relly CO-op with my DSL Modem.
this issue I have with all my online games when I set the network config on ISDN...and whats the REason anyway? I dont see the reason. many games say put the network on DSL/Cable/T1 connection in order to get the best online perfomance.

Quote:

Same rule goes for 99% of the servers. Like in UK-Deds, you so highly praised.
Mmm....When the engine is on fire, no engine or no pilot its considerd steal killing. which I aprove as steal killing , No engine (plane is going down, No pilot same) engine on fire 75% that the plane blows up before he can reach his base)

but the WOE says when the plane has lost parts.
but, in my POV, when its not BURNING, engines are still running , the pilot is still there...its Flyable...so I can shoot it down...now If I get banned because the plane has lost some parts...I think its ridicilious...

Quote:

You will love this rule when someone comes to the server and crashes the planes just for fun, so the other team will run out of planes. Besides, you can BAIL OUT, you knew that right? :rotfl:

You were the one who wanted virtual squadron, this' the best bet to get it.
Ahum....reading the vulching part
now If I try to take off...3 times..and I get vulched 3 times...
thats 1 a game breaker, lame and stupid at the same times.
and it doesnt stop the Fun guy to wreck planes...5 minutes is nothing.
just report such fella's with a track file and get him banned 4 life...voíla , there goes the senseless rule...

Now, If I sign up, is the XO still free?
but I keep my connection on Cable, as I know 90% sure the game will be unplayable if I change that.
Old 09-26-07, 11:22 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

[quote=HunterICX
I had the issues that my IL2 sturmovik (the first one) was unplayable because I found out that on ISDN did not relly CO-op with my DSL Modem.
this issue I have with all my online games when I set the network config on ISDN...and whats the REason anyway? I dont see the reason. many games say put the network on DSL/Cable/T1 connection in order to get the best online perfomance.
[/quote]

Then it's your crappy modem. :p I cant see any difference between the options, nor when I play on your server with ping of 180 and on WoW with ping of 70.

[quote]
Mmm....When the engine is on fire, no engine or no pilot its considerd steal killing. which I aprove as steal killing , No engine (plane is going down, No pilot same) engine on fire 75% that the plane blows up before he can reach his base)

but the WOE says when the plane has lost parts.
but, in my POV, when its not BURNING, engines are still running , the pilot is still there...its Flyable...so I can shoot it down...now If I get banned because the plane has lost some parts...I think its ridicilious...[quote]

Lose your aileron controls and the plane becomes unflyable. But in this case, I think by 'parts' the rules mean wings, whole tail sections etc.

Quote:

Ahum....reading the vulching part
now If I try to take off...3 times..and I get vulched 3 times...
thats 1 a game breaker, lame and stupid at the same times.
and it doesnt stop the Fun guy to wreck planes...5 minutes is nothing.
just report such fella's with a track file and get him banned 4 life...voíla , there goes the senseless rule...
There's more airfields in the map than on usual servers. 3-4, so just change your airfield. Besides, even if the rules approve it, the server seems quite mature. The goal is to get points doing the missions for your side, not just to kill the other pilots.

Quote:
Now, If I sign up, is the XO still free?
but I keep my connection on Cable, as I know 90% sure the game will be unplayable if I change that.
Yep.
Old 09-26-07, 03:11 PM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Okie, Hunter joined. Now, it's YOUR turn! The SubSim Aviators need you!

Here's the WoE's features in a nutshell:

- Played in 21 day periods which covers the entire war. The team points from all the maps are totalled and the team with more points wins the 'War'.
- Possibility to add own squadron which shows the total squadron kills and also the squadron pilot's records. There's a ladder where you can see how your squadron is ranked (SA is #51 out of 70 atm ).
- Medals & Awards. You are awarded medals & awards for your success in the air. Score for example 3 kills without being killed or captured and you get the Air Medal. And so on.
- Populated server for most times of the day.
- Only Western Europe maps.

JOIN JOIN JOIN!
Old 09-27-07, 02:36 AM   #8
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
JOIN JOIN JOIN!
Alright FFS!:p

As soon as I've done a sortie.

BTW: KIA 5 times?:rotfl:

Oh, and Hunter: 5 Sorties & 4 KIA.

Either the other players are really good or you two are out of practice.
Old 09-27-07, 03:24 AM   #9
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
JOIN JOIN JOIN!
Alright FFS!:p

As soon as I've done a sortie.

BTW: KIA 5 times?:rotfl:

Oh, and Hunter: 5 Sorties & 4 KIA.

Either the other players are really good or you two are out of practice.
Meh,
I quit smoking for 6 days now, so cant really concentrate...feeling a bit weird later in the day.
Noticed it in IL2 during this week

*Jammed my flaps a couple of times
*pushing the wrong buttons (like feathering props)
*mostly I lose the plane which I'm chasing and get shot up from my 6

so yeah, I,m temporarly out of shape
Old 09-27-07, 03:59 AM   #10
Dowly
Lucky Jack

@Dan

It seems you can login without doing a sortie, just use the same name when you fly that you used to login.

SubSim Aviators #36

I love the 3 KIA = ban rule, Hunter can say whatever he wants! It makes the pilots fly more carefully (except Hunter) in dogfights, so a pilot who risks it, usually comes out as a winner.
Old 09-27-07, 04:39 AM   #11
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Just tried registering and.....

"Please come back after your first sortie"

No worries. I'll get 1 flight under my belt and then register.
Old 09-27-07, 04:44 AM   #12
Dowly
Lucky Jack

That's weird, Hunter could register. And he wasnt shown on the active pilots list on the squadron before he flew his first one. :hmm: Oooh well, just get your butt in there, that's all I care. :p
Old 10-01-07, 03:09 PM   #13
Frenssen
Sparky

Downloads: 0

I fly bombers and ground attack exclusively. Is there any point for me in joining or will I get chewed up in a furball every flight? Can bombers win the maps like in UK Dedicated?
Frenssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 03:30 PM   #14
Dowly
Lucky Jack

@Frenssen

I've downed numerous fighters with my B25 and find it easier to defend against enemy overall. As you are banned for 5min after 3 deaths, ppl are a bit scared of the defensive guns of the bombers.

I've seen quite a few formations too, most of the players who fly on WoE are in a WoE squadron and tend to fly together in formations.

Join up if you feel like it. The doors open.

Oh and yes, bombers can win, the bombers are the ONES that win the maps. Most maps have loads of tanks and bomber is the fastest way to knock them out.
Old 10-01-07, 03:57 PM   #15
Frenssen
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the reply, I will definately check this out.
Frenssen is offline   Reply With Quote