SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-18, 01:30 AM   #1
XfoXshoX
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default Is my PC good enough?

Been quite a while since I visited these forums as a member (A year and a half to be exact). Glad to see they're just as strong as ever.

Anyway, onto the topic. I've recently come across a job that will allow me to finally build a new PC that is vastly superior to my current laptop (with its 1.6 GHz Dual Core E-350 with Radeon HD 6310 graphics and 2 GB of RAM which can barely run SH4). I plan on using a Intel I5 -7600k 3.8 GHz CPU, a MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card, and 16 GB of RAM with plans to add another 16 GB of RAM when/if I need it and up the video card to a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G when I can save up the money.

My question is will this computer, at 16 GB of RAM and before the 1080 TI, be able to run SH4 with maxed out graphics and still be able to max out the TC? If it can do that, will it also be able to run SH5 at max graphics? (Currently, my laptop chugs badly if I put TC above 1024 in SH4 and it lags horribly every time there's a explosion or the guns on my surface ship mods fire with their huge clouds of smoke and this is all with the graphics at near minimum.)

Every system requirement site I've looked at said it should be to meet both games' recommended requirements but I've learned to ask experience people directly if I want a real answer.
XfoXshoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 01:36 AM   #2
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome again Captain.I would say yes to the references you have provided here.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-18, 04:36 PM   #3
XfoXshoX
Watch

Downloads: 44

Thank you good sir. I figure it would be since the recommended requirements for SH5 are a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 at 2.4 GHz, 2 GB of Ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT / 9 / GTX 200 series video card and it seems to be the more graphic intensive of the two and that PC build blows them requirements out of the water (pun very much intended). Plus according to systemrequirementslab my PC should be able to run VR games so a couple of games from '07 and '10 shouldn't be a problem lol
XfoXshoX is offline   Reply With Quote