SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-17, 07:22 PM   #1471
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Haven't used it in ages but RA 1.41 changed lots in regards of weapon deployment, I could imagine this also applies to the uuv.

What do you guys use it for anyways, I find it rather useless since it creates a TIW warning. It's meant for anti mining ops isn't it?
Old 01-22-17, 07:54 PM   #1472
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

This is from the RA weapon doc:

NOTE: the UUV device is not found out on launch - (TIW the message will not come!).
This very covertly unit.

I havent used it alot but sometimes as a sonobuoy to get range
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 01:41 PM   #1473
KilooliK
Watch

Downloads: 2

So im currently doing a "quick mission" on hard, in my trusty Kilo Alrosa, and Im tasked with destroying a Sovremennyy and a Delhi. Ive emptied my weapons cache and havent hit anything. They outmaneuvered my 6, Uset 80 torpedos, shot down my 10, Klub missiles, and shot down my 2, SS-N-15 missiles before it could deploy its torpedos. What should I do, ram'em? I wish the Kilo had a 50 cal mounted. Theyd probably dodge and shoot down all the bullets though. Pretty tough. Really tough. Super tough.
KilooliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 02:14 PM   #1474
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

You probably were too far. USET 80 have only 9.7 nmi of range at minimal speed. With 48 kts range is only 7.3 nmi.
You should be max 4 nmi from target.

Quick mission have many errors. Targets are too close, modern vs old vessels, surface units without EMCON etc...

Last edited by p7p8; 01-26-17 at 02:37 PM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 04:52 PM   #1475
KilooliK
Watch

Definitely wasnt too far. 3-4nm max on torpedo shots and over 10nm on missiles. Just ran another quick mission on hard, using the Kilo.

Naturally, missiles may as well have been a flying baseball bat. Worthless. So I turned on truth for a snapshot torpedo. Just as I start typing in the bearing to launch the torp, the ship turns and points its nose at me so my Uset torpedos cant home in on its wake. Happened on more than 1 mission. If id had been using a different torpedo, he'd had turned and hauled ass away from me Lol im done.

Try a quick mission, ASUW barrier search, using a Kilo Alrosa on hard. Have fun.
Old 01-26-17, 08:18 PM   #1476
swampy
Torpedoman

Use the wireguided test 71. They can't evade that if you do it right
Old 01-26-17, 09:49 PM   #1477
KilooliK
Watch

Tried one last mission with the Kilo. Literally couldnt guide a Test 71 torpedo into an enemy ship. 0/6. The torpedo stays on track until spitting distance from the boat and then it becomes retarded. Its like the torpedo becomes afraid of the ship and tries to runaway. Constantly trying to correct the bearing on the torpedo as its turning every which way, but the correct way. Impossible to log a hit. And forget about keeping an accurate bearing reading. I can be staring down the ship with my periscope and keeping an update on him with ESM and autocrew on sonar, and my torpedo will miss by a mile if I dont try to guide it. Every time. Its like the torpedo has no homing ability of its own.

Switched to the Seawolf 23 and sunk 2 ships right away on hard, with the adcap torpedo. Sunk 1 by guidance, and the other the adcaps homed in on by themselves. Have had similar "good"ish results with the Akula lll. The Kilo and its weapons shouldnt be THAT BAD, to where its basically useless on hard. Is the Kilos sensors turned waaayy down? Doesnt make sense to not be able to hit anything in the Kilo, and then hop right in a Seawolf or Akula lll and start sinking ships.

Id like to hear some success stories, using the Kilo, on hard.
Old 01-27-17, 05:25 AM   #1478
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

How about search patern and activation range?

Btw how is Yasen-M in game?
Old 01-27-17, 06:01 AM   #1479
swampy
Torpedoman

I tried it and got up against a type 42 batch, and a kilo.
I hit the type 42 with 2 wakehoming uset 80 so it seems to be working as it should. I did fire from close range and the type 42 did try to outrun them so it is definitely hard to kill fast ships far away.
The kilo was 20 nm away so I never found it.
Old 01-27-17, 06:10 AM   #1480
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
I tried it and got up against a type 42 batch, and a kilo.
I hit the type 42 with 2 wakehoming uset 80 so it seems to be working as it should. I did fire from close range and the type 42 did try to outrun them so it is definitely hard to kill fast ships far away.
The kilo was 20 nm away so I never found it.
You mean the Yasen-M?

What kind of armamemnt does it get?

Did you consider using AShMs against the Type 42?
Old 01-27-17, 06:48 AM   #1481
swampy
Torpedoman

Ok the submarine was actually a HAN not a Kilo. I was just trying if I could sink the surface ship with torpedoes and it worked.
Im going to try ASM next time
Old 01-27-17, 07:22 AM   #1482
KilooliK
Watch

Are you sure it was on hard? I always have 3 enemies (ships/ASUW) minimum on hard. 2 on medium. 1 on easy. Good luck with ASM.
Old 01-27-17, 07:32 AM   #1483
swampy
Torpedoman

Yes Im sure.
Hm how do I add a screenshot to this message?

Edit: the third enemy was a satalite

Last edited by swampy; 01-27-17 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-27-17, 08:48 AM   #1484
KilooliK
Watch

How close were you when you fired the USET's? Also, did you manually type in weapons coordinates, or was autocrew turned on? Ive had the same bad luck both ways. Yeah, its hard to find enemy subs with the Kilo unless they are right on top of you. Under 4nm. But I like the challenge. Difficulty on "Hard" though is nearly impossible unless the stars align and the moon is just right.

Also, does anybody know the "default" difficulty setting on personal created missions?
Old 01-27-17, 09:31 AM   #1485
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

@Kiloolik, if you upload replay file and give me link i will explain you where is problem.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert