SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-26-15, 08:49 PM   #1
frankiekam
Seaman

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default Which to buy to use with living silent hunter 2015 ?

Which version of SH3 should I buy? Gamersgate or Steam? I intend to mod the hell out of the game by installing mods. I will start with Living Silent Hunter 2015. Please advise a newbie...a scurvy bilge rat like me. Frankie Kam, Malaysia.
frankiekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-15, 08:54 PM   #2
GenMarkof007
Swabbie

Downloads: 82

Hi,

I'm using the Steam SH3, and it works fine with Living Silent Hunter 2015!
At this time, you can buy the entire SH bundle for around 10$ on steam, until december 1st.

Cheers,
GenMarkof007
GenMarkof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-15, 09:10 PM   #3
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39

I make do with an old StarForce version DVD, but of course use the no-disc files to obviate the SF drivers. If I were buying this game for the first time, I think it would be great to actually have a physical, non-StarForce copy that you can hold in your hand.

I am not very knowledgeable about Steam games; do you have to be connected to the internet in order to play, or is that no longer applicable? Still, I would prefer a physical copy of the game and not be subject to a user policy that could be changed at the whim of a third party and get in the way of playing my purchased game. I suppose this being the digital age there are new ways of conducting business, but my mind has difficulty getting past the idea of having someone between me as a customer and the game producer.

I think the same way about cloud storage of files. I prefer control of my files and would not want to rely on a service having to remain in business. If you live long enough, you get burned at some point in life and it makes it harder to trust. Years ago, I joined a fitness club on a Friday, paid for my year's membership, then on Tuesday they went out of business. Never again; I now prefer pay-as-I-go.
Old 11-28-15, 02:16 PM   #4
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Go to Amazon and buy the SH3 DVD with 1.4b in it. It's your best bet for the right one.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote