SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-15, 05:52 PM   #1
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0
Default Problems with OLCs GUI

So i have some problems with the gui

1. There are no map contacts showing at all
2. Some of the screens (like the navigation screen) are darker than other screens
3. Sensitivity on the periscope, uzo and binos is wayyyy too high.

Something is obviously wrong with the installation i think.

Here is my setup

GWX axis med aircraft skins
GWX merged campaign
Lifeboats and debris v4
merchantfleet mod 3.2
mfm skin pack
OLC modified searchlight beams for GWX3
screr-tikigod repeated order
ricks alt rec manual
torpedo damage final
torpedotubesffirefinal vgw
Evan92 uniforms 2
Waterstreams+exhaust for GWX3
waterstreams+exhaust for type 2
OLC gui option 4
supplement mod

also i applied the SH3commander patch
ChaosDuck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 09:48 PM   #2
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Ok so i figured out these are supposed to be features!

Only problem left now is the sensitivity.

Is there anyway to tone it down for the scope views? I can barely line anything up because its like a hair trigger!

ANd also, the GUI makes it WAYYY to dark with some sort of filter. Even worse, when you switch stations, the filter kicks in after a couple seconds for me which makes it obvious. LIke it will start out bright and a couple seconds later it will be like 5 shades darker.

I absolutely cannot see anything at night. I missed a whole convoy that was 600 meters ahead of me! (no exaggeration).

These are 2 glaring issues with this otherwise awesome mod that i really hope i can resolve.

Last edited by ChaosDuck7; 11-12-15 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-12-15, 03:46 AM   #3
a.g.
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

I recently found how to adjust mouse sensitivity for periscopes and other cameras by patching the exe: check here for link.
a.g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 04:35 AM   #4
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Quote:
ChaosDuck7:supplement mod
I think that is the settings of supplements !Night fix optons and Periscope fix options

Today, I will later run the game, and I'm with Olc GUI 1.2.7 with H.S.I.E .patch kit, and later can hear I hope I have time

There is a similar discussion for options about torpedo bug fix from suplements, thanks Rowi58, problem fixed!

I understand ,you're with OLC gold mega mod,options 4, which is included OLC gui?

Last edited by ivanov.ruslan; 11-12-15 at 04:52 AM.
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 10:11 AM   #5
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
I think that is the settings of supplements !Night fix optons and Periscope fix options

Today, I will later run the game, and I'm with Olc GUI 1.2.7 with H.S.I.E .patch kit, and later can hear I hope I have time

There is a similar discussion for options about torpedo bug fix from suplements, thanks Rowi58, problem fixed!

I understand ,you're with OLC gold mega mod,options 4, which is included OLC gui?
Unfortunetly this didnt solve the problem for mosue sensitivity

I havnt tried the night fix, but now i see that you can change the darkness at night, which is very promising.

Yes im using option 4. No ACM mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.g. View Post
I recently found how to adjust mouse sensitivity for periscopes and other cameras by patching the exe: check here for link.
Wow awesome thanks. I managed to reduce it to a useable level by using option 5.

I was hoping for something more simple than doing an .exe fix but if it works, it works!

Question though, do I need to patch both the exe in the SH3 directory AND the exe in the suppement mod folder in /mods ? I did both just to be safe (with backups of course).

So now the only thing left is the darkness. Its not so much the darkness, i guess I can get used to that but its the fact that I see the filter applying.

It doesnt always happen, but i will see the screen visibily go 5 shades darker. Its really immersion breaking and annoying. I tried disabling the night fix from the supplement mod and it didnt help.

Last edited by ChaosDuck7; 11-12-15 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-12-15, 04:47 PM   #6
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Ok Update:

I replaced the data/env files for the OLC mod with the ones from stock SH3+GWX and I managed to make the brightness bearable again, just like in GWX.

My question is, will doing th is mess anything up? I know it will make the enemies detect you easier (back to the levels of stock GWX at least) due to how sensors in this game work. Im fine with that, as long as nothing breaks.

Now, unfortunetly it still seems to randomly get a couple shades darker with the "filter" effect. So theres obviously another troublemaking file in there somewhere but im not sure what applies that effect. Any ideas?

Edit:

Update again! I think I fixed it!

So i found a folder in data/menu called "Dark" (as if it wasnt obvious enough).

It seems like deleting that completely removed any dark filter that applies. Im 99 percent sure it worked although i havnt tested it thoroughly yet. Does this sound right?

Last edited by ChaosDuck7; 11-12-15 at 05:24 PM.