SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How would you prefer?
All in a single mod (only 1 Big Mod) 42 52.50%
Just the way it is (in parts) 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-12, 01:35 PM   #736
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrEZeX View Post
Yes, and i have all settings on default. I tried also to disable Catalyst AI but it didn't help... Do you also have ATI Pedrobas?
Yes. I´m going out now but tomorrow i´ll post a photo od the settings in CCC, for you to check.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 01:44 PM   #737
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98

Ok, thank you
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 03:53 PM   #738
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

pedrobas:
I started suffering from ctd's too. But to be honest I started my new career, after two patrols without any ctd whatsoever I came back to Kiel and upgraded to MMM v. 0.5 AIO. Started 3rd patrol and everything went fine, but as I was finishing that patrol I had 3 ctd's in the North sea before I got back to port. Now I'm on my 4th patrol, everything went fine untill I found tanker followed by merchant. Was getting ready to attack and just when I opened torpedo tube the game crashed. Do you think all this can be caused by deactivating previous MMM and activating v. 0.5? I can imagine with OH involved and all the information saved in savegame file I could have messed it up by switching between versions like that.

And just one more thing. Can I apply OH 1.8 patch on MMM 0.5 AIO? Is it intended to work like that? I think I'm gonna reinstall the game and start new campaign once again.

Anyway thank you for your hard work, I really like MMM since it has everything what is supposed to be there. I'm convinced there's something wrong on my end, only asking if you'd have an idea what could be the culprit... Keep up the good work pedro!

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 04:47 PM   #739
Nickwilliams
Swabbie

Downloads: 45

Hi. First of all, thanks for all the hard work with this awesome mod compilation. Because of all the guys who helped make all these mods, I (a SH2, SH3 and SH4 veteran) finally decided to buy this game. And I think it's brilliant. However I do have a couple of noob questions.
1) Is it possible to remove the Das Boot Officers Mod? (prefer to imagine my own officers )
2) What is SOAN (in the darth wraith options)?
3) What is RAOBF?
4) When I look at my Nav charts or TAI, once I've identified a target ship using the scopes or UZO, why doesn't the ship name/type appear next to ship on the map the way it did with SH3 and SH4? It makes attacking convoys really confusing.
5) When I buy captains insignia and camoflauge for my sub, they don't seem to work (my sub always looks the same).
6) Is there a way of making the new equipment upgrades have a renown cost/date of entry. If so how?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Last edited by Nickwilliams; 03-30-12 at 05:22 PM.
Nickwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 05:45 PM   #740
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
pedrobas:
I started suffering from ctd's too. But to be honest I started my new career, after two patrols without any ctd whatsoever I came back to Kiel and upgraded to MMM v. 0.5 AIO. Started 3rd patrol and everything went fine, but as I was finishing that patrol I had 3 ctd's in the North sea before I got back to port. Now I'm on my 4th patrol, everything went fine untill I found tanker followed by merchant. Was getting ready to attack and just when I opened torpedo tube the game crashed. Do you think all this can be caused by deactivating previous MMM and activating v. 0.5? I can imagine with OH involved and all the information saved in savegame file I could have messed it up by switching between versions like that.
It´s very possible because AIO v0.4 had some ships from "mnts" that i removed in v0.5 because many people complained about CTD. So i decided just to leave it plain OHII, nothing else. Anyway i can´t asure it since i´m always starting new campaign and messing around testing things for MMM i´m not able to keep a decent "save game" to test if new versions are compatible with previous ones. Sorrry.

Quote:
And just one more thing. Can I apply OH 1.8 patch on MMM 0.5 AIO? Is it intended to work like that? I think I'm gonna reinstall the game and start new campaign once again.
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Download: MMM patch for OHII v1.8 by pedrobas

Patch for both MMM (in parts and AIO)

1- run the exe file and you´ll get a folder called "MMM patch for OHII v1.8"
2- copy the folder into your MODS folder and enable it last with JSGME.

Many thanks to Trevally for doing all the job.

Enjoy
Quote:
Anyway thank you for your hard work, I really like MMM since it has everything what is supposed to be there. I'm convinced there's something wrong on my end, only asking if you'd have an idea what could be the culprit... Keep up the good work pedro!
You know, SH5 is like that. I have suffered every possible CTD, corrupted "data" folder, corrupted save games, etc...From my experience If you want to follow a campaign, you can´t change anything in your mod soup. The most minimal change results sooner or later in ctd.
Old 03-30-12, 06:09 PM   #741
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know SH5 is unpredictable. Anyway I just finished complete reinstall and I'm gonna install 0.5 AIO and start my new and "sharp" campaign hopefully. Thank you.

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 06:10 PM   #742
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwilliams View Post
Hi. First of all, thanks for all the hard work with this awesome mod compilation. Because of all the guys who helped make all these mods, I (a SH2, SH3 and SH4 veteran) finally decided to buy this game. And I think it's brilliant. However I do have a couple of noob questions.
1) Is it possible to remove the Das Boot Officers Mod? (prefer to imagine my own officers )
Ok, the way is:
1-Unenable ALL mods
2- Look the files that are in "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrato r"
3- Copy and replace in MMM AIO those same files from the ones in Stock game
4- Now you can enable MMM and play.

Quote:
2) What is SOAN (in the darth wraith options)?
It´s an "special" Recognition Manual

Quote:
3) What is RAOBF?
Look here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...2&postcount=30

Quote:
4) When I look at my Nav charts or TAI, once I've identified a target ship using the scopes or UZO, why doesn't the ship name/type appear next to ship on the map the way it did with SH3 and SH4? It makes attacking convoys really confusing.
You can configure this and a million of things more in TDW UI options. Use the OptionsEditorViewer app found in \data\Applications. Makes it a snap to edit the options file

Quote:
5) When I buy captains insignia and camoflauge for my sub, they don't seem to work (my sub always looks the same).
Are you in the first mission with type VIIa sub?

Quote:
6) Is there a way of making the new equipment upgrades have a renown cost/date of entry. If so how?
In the "EXTRAS" folder you´ll find:
including UPGRADES
You have possibility to choose what kind of Equipment Upgrade do you want:

1- With Date & Renown Cost
2- With Date & No Renown Cost
3- No Date & Renown Cost
4- No Date & No Renown Cost
Old 03-31-12, 05:26 AM   #743
Nickwilliams
Swabbie

Downloads: 45

Hi Pedrobas, thanks so much for getting back to me.
I am using the first sub - the type VIIa.
I found the OptionsEditorViewer app but when I run it I get a screen with nothing in it and a file option in the top left. How do I use this? I know how to edit the Darth Wraith user options manually using notepad but it's not easy. I'm sure the OptionsEditorViewer app would make things much simpler.
Sorry to keep asking stupid questions.
What are night filters enabled?
What is Automation?

Pedrobas, you are a god amongst men!
Nickwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 07:56 AM   #744
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Ok, I've now run the game without MMM p2 and tested out the Lifeboat test mission. No lag, no freezing and no crashes at all. The one thing that is still there is the mouseview that changes to the cursor view when the ships explode (still irritating), but no lag at all. It must then been some of the graphical mods that were causing this lag. I will check my Catalyst settings when you post it to see if there is something wrong with them...
Old 03-31-12, 07:56 AM   #745
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I am using the first sub - the type VIIa.
Yes with VIIa skins are a mess. Also SH5 has abug with this, so if you don´t see the skins, save game . go to main menu and reload the save game, this normally makes the skin to be visible. Sorry is not a MMM problem.

Quote:
I found the OptionsEditorViewer app but when I run it I get a screen with nothing in it and a file option in the top left. How do I use this? I know how to edit the Darth Wraith user options manually using notepad but it's not easy. I'm sure the OptionsEditorViewer app would make things much simpler.
1- i advise you not to edit option manually.
2- Second unenable MMM mod.
3- See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=8584
4- Enable mod

Quote:
Sorry to keep asking stupid questions.
What are night filters enabled?
What is Automation?
filters change the color of the glass when you look through the periscope so it´s easier to see the ships at night.
Automation is a module implemented by TDW in his UI that allows you to run scripts like: "Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9" or "Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6"

See this thread for TDW UI: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

Last edited by pedrobas; 03-31-12 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-31-12, 03:51 PM   #746
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Ok, I've now run the game without MMM p2 and tested out the Lifeboat test mission. No lag, no freezing and no crashes at all. The one thing that is still there is the mouseview that changes to the cursor view when the ships explode (still irritating), but no lag at all. It must then been some of the graphical mods that were causing this lag. I will check my Catalyst settings when you post it to see if there is something wrong with them...
Here we go:

Old 03-31-12, 03:59 PM   #747
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Thank you so much pedrobas, I will change my settings and test it out when I get home
One question though, which driver version are you using?
Old 03-31-12, 04:24 PM   #748
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Hi! Pedrobas!

Do you have the settings for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, It have a small memory - 1 GB, and RAM memory small too - only 2 GB

Thank you! and sorry by my poor english, sometimes it is necessary to use a dictionary... sorry
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 04:47 PM   #749
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Thank you so much pedrobas, I will change my settings and test it out when I get home
One question though, which driver version are you using?
12.2 I think is the latest.
Old 03-31-12, 04:49 PM   #750
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi! Pedrobas!

Do you have the settings for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, It have a small memory - 1 GB, and RAM memory small too - only 2 GB

Thank you! and sorry by my poor english, sometimes it is necessary to use a dictionary... sorry
No, sorry, i have an ATI. But sure someone around here can help you.