SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-12, 04:40 PM   #1096
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
I have been in regular contact wth Peabody but i expect he is busy with things back east at the moment as things have not been easy back there due to the storm. Be patient and I am glad you are still here Keltos. Things will move when they can i am sure...with the mod.
right... tropical storm Sandy... I thought it hit the coast more, I hope Peabody didn't suffer from it.

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 03:22 PM   #1097
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

I will see about contacting him, thanks for your good wishes i am sure he will appreciate it. thanks btw for your IJN sound mod, can you re up it? the links are gone and i wanted to check it out. thanks .
Old 12-09-12, 03:39 PM   #1098
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

I have had a signal from Peabody and he is ok, he made it thru the storm ok, and is dealing with real life challenges. Was good to hear from him and wanted to let the thread know he is ok.
Old 01-17-13, 04:06 PM   #1099
Patchman123
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 2

Can you see if you can incorporate Webster's maneuvering fix into the mod? It would be nice to end the whole running cheetah destroyers that run like a cheetah across the ocean and are not limited by drag against the ship.
Patchman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-13, 07:20 PM   #1100
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15

I am very much looking forward to this mod. Hope it gets completed soon. Japanese subs were not worthless in Pasific during WW2.

Also do I hope that while actual orders are always to sink Allied warships, you will get renown for sinking Allied merchant marine too. Otherwise, I think we would be returning to base with shamefully lot of the ammunition and torpedoes that we had when we left the base.

Another good addition could be to be able to purchase XXI class uboat with huge payment of renown. I understand there could be a problem with realism on this one but it could be a wonderful reward for a good, hard working captain. The text should say that they managed to seize that vessel when Germany surrendered and it will be given to the greatest Japanese captain (Japanese did this to some of the monsoon uboats). Or maybe that the Germans gave this one or its drawings/blueprints to Japan (in this case, the uboat should be available about 1944 or 1943). All other subs should be Japanese.
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 11:09 AM   #1101
igor7111
Seaman

Downloads: 385

Is work on this mod still on-going or is it dead?
Be a shame if it's dead, it really looks spectacular.
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 03:03 PM   #1102
rodrigo senzo
Swabbie

Downloads: 96

I want to download the japs subs but filefront doesn't work properly for some countries.
Anybody have another link from another site?
rodrigo senzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 02:42 AM   #1103
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamemnon View Post
I am very much looking forward to this mod. Hope it gets completed soon. Japanese subs were not worthless in Pasific during WW2.

Also do I hope that while actual orders are always to sink Allied warships, you will get renown for sinking Allied merchant marine too. Otherwise, I think we would be returning to base with shamefully lot of the ammunition and torpedoes that we had when we left the base.

Another good addition could be to be able to purchase XXI class uboat with huge payment of renown. I understand there could be a problem with realism on this one but it could be a wonderful reward for a good, hard working captain. The text should say that they managed to seize that vessel when Germany surrendered and it will be given to the greatest Japanese captain (Japanese did this to some of the monsoon uboats). Or maybe that the Germans gave this one or its drawings/blueprints to Japan (in this case, the uboat should be available about 1944 or 1943). All other subs should be Japanese.
If Real life allows the time for me to finish this I will, but I can not promise.

I think you may have misread something if you think orders will always be to sink warships, they will not be. You will get renown for ANYTHING you sink, except your own ships of course. And that includes the submerged subs.

When I started writing the campaign I used the belief that a lot of Japanese military had, that the way to beat us was to destroy our ability to fight by destroying our warships. Which actually is very strange since their own Navy felt the aircraft carriers would win the war not the Battleship, which they showed in the Attack on Pearl Harbor, again in the Coral sea and again at Midway. But they didn't feel the way to win was to destroy our supply lines (merchant ships).

But if I do get it done there will be missions of all types. Sometimes non-specific. Patrol a location and sink what you find.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 12:31 PM   #1104
Char
Medic

Downloads: 199
HE LIVES!

Good to see ya back Peabody.Real life is a Game we can never master nor beat.

And I know I've asked this like 1000 times it feels like.but what is the name of the Song you used as the main Menu music in the Jap sub mod?It's been driving me insane for months now and I cannot for the life of me find it.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 01:21 PM   #1105
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

It's wonderful that you are still going to try to finish it, Peabody. I'm looking forward to another dimension to SH4, and I'm sure I reflect a popular opinion in that. "Good on ya, mate!"

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 04:24 AM   #1106
peabody
Admiral

Uploads: 7

I'll do what I can guys.

Char: I didn't put the music in the sub mod that was Keltos, I don't know what it is.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 07:02 PM   #1107
Char
Medic

Downloads: 199

Alright thanks for pointing me in the Right Direction Peabody!

so Keltos....The Question goes to you.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 06:11 AM   #1108
padi
Officer

When is the release?
I hope that I haven´t overread it.
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 09:35 PM   #1109
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

No you didnt miss the release it is still underway...pending life and other inponderables. Stay tuned.
Old 03-12-13, 07:38 AM   #1110
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
HE LIVES!

Good to see ya back Peabody.Real life is a Game we can never master nor beat.

And I know I've asked this like 1000 times it feels like.but what is the name of the Song you used as the main Menu music in the Jap sub mod?It's been driving me insane for months now and I cannot for the life of me find it.
lol

it's from the movie Gochin 1942

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145437

Intro music theme :

Catured from the movie Gochin from 6'45'' till 8'56''

music playing when the sub leaves the harbor

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote