SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-11, 12:26 PM   #1
Octel
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Problems with registration SH 4 & patch 1.5

Guys, I had the Uboat missions installed with SH4 for a year or so without problems. I just recently lost my hard drive and brought back most of my old programs. The problem I'm having is that when I installed SH4 I'm never asked for my CD key, same when I go to install SH4 with the 1.5 patch, which I purchased from Ubisoft last night. When do you have put input your CD key? I'm able to play SH4 1.4 patch with no problems. The game runs fine. THen when I install the 15. Uboat missions it will install without issues. I again don't get prompted for registration key to input. After I install the patch I try to run the game and receive "Sh4.exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0Xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application." Does anybody have a clue why this is happening? When I installed the uboat missions the first time (i purchased my first copy of this last year as well) before I never had any problems. Any clues? Thanks
Octel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 12:33 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

Sorry I can't help, but I have the Gold CD version, which is 1.5 right out of the box. I am sure that someone here has had this problem, and will have the answers.
Old 07-23-11, 04:06 PM   #3
WernherVonTrapp
Admiral

Downloads: 105

Wait a minute. Maybe I'm missing something, or misunderstanding your description. You wrote "THen when I install the 15. Uboat missions it will install without issues. I again don't get prompted for registration key to input. After I install the patch I try to run the game and receive "Sh4.exe."
SHIV (U-Boat missions) is the latest version and doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) require a patch. Are you saying that you're trying to install a patch after installing version 1.5?
"What is truth?"
-Pontius Pilate
WernherVonTrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 06:48 PM   #4
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernherVonTrapp View Post
Wait a minute. Maybe I'm missing something, or misunderstanding your description. You wrote "THen when I install the 15. Uboat missions it will install without issues. I again don't get prompted for registration key to input. After I install the patch I try to run the game and receive "Sh4.exe."
SHIV (U-Boat missions) is the latest version and doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) require a patch. Are you saying that you're trying to install a patch after installing version 1.5?

I think he's hitting the plunger twice.. Beware the zing!!!
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 06:20 PM   #5
fisherstoys1
Seaman

Downloads: 55
Default 1.5 patch

When I reinstalled sh4, I just ran the game in without a patch then I added the 1.5 patch, I did not need a key as the key was the way to get 1.5 to download. Once you have 1.5 you dont need the key..
Am I right here gentlemen?
fisherstoys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 01:54 PM   #6
Daniel Prates
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 65

In my case, I bought both games (SH 1.4 and u-boat missions) from an online purchase/download site, which provided me with the keys. Then, after installing, I had to connect to Ubisoft's server and they asked me the key. Once punched in, the game worked fine.

If you but it on a hard copy, same thing: first time you run the game, the game automaticaly connects to Ubisot's servers and ask you for the key.

It's the same procedure everytime you install/reinstall the game.

The server may be offline so you may have to try it again some other time. It happened to me once. Wait till tomorrow and try again.

It's funny, you shouldn't be having this problem, but every once in a while someone complains about the very same thing. Hum...
Daniel Prates is offline   Reply With Quote