SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-08, 12:25 AM   #76
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

just a small question...
This mod might work with Schnellboot 1.0 mod? :hmm:
Good work

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 05:20 AM   #77
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Default reply

- danurve - on page 1 of this thread, read it all about mods I used to shoot those screenies, but I will say it, sukhoi's das boot officers mod

- linerkiller - read the page 1 of this thread, please, but since I love explaining everything, this is an effect mod, effect like explosions, smokes, bubbles, supermans, so it has nothing to do with submarines folder or I wrote about the sea folder on page 1 of this thread ,the sea folder that is in this mod, so the folders that are used for ai schnellboat mod(the one that modifies the schnell boat for ai)

EDIT:
"or if you like sboat mod(the one when you hide in little gulfs and strike from darkness and when you hit your own torpedo with a boat)."
Sorry, just realized there are new sounds, ofcourse, dumb me, and effects for the sboat mod. The one from mikhail. So, no, I think this is not compatible to Mikhails Sboat mod.. Sorry again.. Maybe I'll ask Mikhail to make it compatible with this mod.. Or if someone knows him, maybe suggest it to him. Thanks in advance..

- everybody - all the work I did is I made this mod compatible to GWX 2.1 and the smokes, all other stuff like those big fat explosions are the work of the grand master of the vampires.. no no.. a work of the Racerboy..
again, as I stated in the readme.. "any God or man made mod on this Earth" - this is a quotation from page 1 of this thread
p.s. no, I'm not a worshipper of racerboy, I just told it the way I feel it's funny.. read the darn readme :rotfl:

- page 1 of this thread

- privateer - I thought they would delete themselves when they reach max.. I sent about 70%.. ;(
- a6intruder - please read the wind affect explanation, it is not possible, but I'm trying.. I tried yesterday with some properties from the smoke exhaust mod from Rb, as you know it is affected by the wind.. the problem is that that smoke from exhaust is leaning in one direction and then is treated as a float.. gotta try more to be shure, but I feel it's impossibile.. you are a real intruder, you know

- myxhale - thanks for the screenie, I saw couple of cops just now

- planes on techno parties - so it was an unknown effect, heh?

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-07-08 at 09:42 AM. Reason: mistake
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 09:39 AM   #78
mengle
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 127

i like the work that you put in that mod, seems like the ships are harder to sink and slower to go under , i like it
Would you do something on longer wakes to , that would be great
mengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 09:47 AM   #79
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengle
i like the work that you put in that mod, seems like the ships are harder to sink and slower to go under , i like it
Would you do something on longer wakes to , that would be great
hey!
I think there is a mod for such a thing, ofcourse it is not compatible to this.. I'll check out what can I do..

- everybody..

HNK HAJDUK SPLIT!!!!
Hope we win today

http://www.hnkhajduk.hr/
p.s. I know I live in Zagreb, I love Zagreb, but in soccer I love "bile"
Old 05-07-08, 11:27 AM   #80
kutterreddogg
Watch

Downloads: 56
Need a new link

this looks like a great mod, but filefront just does not work for me. Are these files available on another download link?
kutterreddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 11:31 AM   #81
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7[COLOR=yellow
EDIT:[/COLOR]
"or if you like sboat mod(the one when you hide in little gulfs and strike from darkness and when you hit your own torpedo with a boat)."
Sorry, just realized there are new sounds, ofcourse, dumb me, and effects for the sboat mod. The one from mikhail. So, no, I think this is not compatible to Mikhails Sboat mod.. Sorry again.. Maybe I'll ask Mikhail to make it compatible with this mod.. Or if someone knows him, maybe suggest it to him. Thanks in advance..
If the problem is just related to one or two missing sounds...it's not that disaster ....

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
Old 05-08-08, 05:44 AM   #82
asanovic7
Captain

Default look out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutterreddogg
this looks like a great mod, but filefront just does not work for me. Are these files available on another download link?
Hmm..
I don't know what seems to be the problem.. I just tried to download and it started, normally.. Don't know. Sorry.
I will send you my email in private message. If you still fail, send me your email, I will try to send it to you via e-mail.

- everybody:

The version of OLC'S mod, OLCE2 2.1 is still compatible with this mod, as it is stated by him on his thread, no ctd's you will encounter, maybe some strange colours..
I got confused by his numerous versions and his screenies..
And I must say, I didn't encounter strange color effect so far.. so everything stays the same..
I read the new lifeboats version is not comming out yet.. nor so soon..
I'm keeping fingers crossed for it to be perfect..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-08-08 at 06:08 AM. Reason: MISTAKE
Old 05-08-08, 06:05 AM   #83
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
It seems OLC made a new version of his mod, and if I understood him correctly, it seems this two mods are not compatible anymore, meaning his new 2.1 version and this mod.
Eh?
Your mod has had a minor incompatibility with OLCE2 all along... as I described both here and in the OLCU thread. Nothing in 2.1 has changed that.
Old 05-08-08, 06:24 AM   #84
asanovic7
Captain

Default blah

Mah, OLC, , I lost myself in your versions and screenies and I missread your instructions..
Sooorry to all and sorry to my mom..
As for the lifeboats, that news is also incorrect, today I'm really stupid..
The new lifeboats mod is due to come out today!!!
I'm sorry to if I shouldn't announce, but that mod is something I dreamt of, even when I sink first japanese boat with this franchise.. As I didn't play sh4 yet, you figure it out!!

Cheers to everyone!!!
Old 05-08-08, 06:28 AM   #85
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

I am with you there asanovic7.

Can not wait for the Life Boat Mod update too !..... this mod and that combined is going to be sub brill !
Old 05-09-08, 08:42 AM   #86
asanovic7
Captain

Default Update on my findings..

This is an update about compability issues, update plans and some minor things..

Compability and answers to some requests and questions:
GWX 2.1 - So far, no reports of ctd's, bugs, so I feel it's 100% compatible.
waterstream mod - when it comes out for GWX 2.1, this mod is 100% compatible
OLCE2(together with complete OLC's ubermod) x.x(last 2.1)- fully compatible, but some minor effects may look strange when you(and you must do it this way) enable this mod after Olc's, although, honestly, I didn't see anything so far and I must tell you(knock knock knock) I'm not blind or 4eyes
Torpedo trail - it is connected to some other files, I think torpedo.dat, that file is not in this mod, so you can choose whatever mod corrects those trails
Wind affection - it seems to me that wind is a cosmetic feature in sh3 more and more, but because I also, as dear a6intruder, feel that some "wind" effect must be, I plan an update with less thick smokes, maybe more "wind" affected.. like I explained.. Those xyz I mentioned, z is in the direction of the ship, y up, x to the left.. And it's a wind speed..
S-BOOT mod - compatible, please check pics and sights for version v204D update
ALL MODS WITH TEX FOLDERS - when you enable the main folder of this mod like I explained in the readme that comes with the mod, you might get warning because of this tex folder are enabled by some other mod. Don't worry, enable this with JSGME. It won't erase anything.
Lifeboats mod - I'm impatient for the new version that mod, but I got word that this mod will still be compatible to life boats mod when it gets out. If not, you can be shure I will release an update pronto.
Little superman running overboard before ship sinks - Just got that idea the other day, I will try it. Do you think it's ok?
Funnel smokes for ships regarding to their class- maybe
Compared this smokes and effects with original - I know it drags.. But, this one are better? :rotfl:
Ship wake - I think it is connected to some other files, but if I'm wrong, this ship wakes are pretty much the same in every mod I encountered..
Too loud ship whistles - I agree with catfight on this one and I will try to adjust the sounds accordingly.
Starshell guns - I don't think you know how good those guns are.. please try it. Do you remmeber a scene from das boot in Gibraltar? No, no "not yet". Before that.
All mods not using the files in this mod - I'm using shleuse aa ships with bugfix, carrotio undersea, uniforms, GWX 2.1 mission orders(I must say when I read gwx manual I was scared I would miss some of the action, nto anymore, great mod!).. So you get a picture, every one not touching this files.
ENHANCED DAMAGE EFFECTS - NO NO NO NOT COMPATIBLE. The "same" thing, different, very different.

Flags and pennants - Does anyone know something about this mod?

I hope I didn't forgot anything..
Cheers to everyone!

p.s. 61 of you downloaded that "addon upgrade the old version no need for downloading the whole thing(read page 1!)". :rotfl: I thought there were only 53..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-14-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-09-08, 09:07 AM   #87
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

Sboat mod.. whats that ?

Little superman running overboard before ship sinks ?... BRILL IDEA.
Old 05-10-08, 06:25 AM   #88
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

He's referring to Mikhayl's S-Boot mod, 999-Jay-999. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing an incredibly fun and fast-paced experience. It's in a sticky posted near the top of the SH3 Mods Workshop here.

asanovic7, the longer ship wakes were released as a mod some time ago but it was made for GWX 1.03. The longer wakes are done by editing the 'Ship Wake' sections in the .val files of the vessels.

Unfortunately, it would require editing the appropriate file of each and every ship type to have longer wakes and making sure each ship's wake looked correct in the game. Noone has had the will to take up the challenge of such a task.

Since it seems every other mod alters these files, it would require constant updating as well as several differing versions to ensure compatibility with the various popular add-on mods for GWX.

Quite a lot of work when you consider that GWX has hundreds of ships, boats, and submarines.

It would be great if someone could create a patcher that would only write the proper Ship Wake values to the .val files, regardless of what mods are installed. That's what was originally done with the "Real Weather Fix 2" so it was compatible with any mod. Perhaps Stiebler could provide a way to create a similar patcher for you to add the longer wake values into GWX 2.1.
Old 05-10-08, 07:25 AM   #89
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi Asanovic, regarding compatibility with the s-boot mod, I think the only problem is with the zones.cfg file. For the mod I used a "flavored to taste" version of longer repair times, so the "flooding times" for the uboot compartments are increased a lot. If you use the RB's effects and that you take damage, the flooding will be too fast compared to the repair times. The quick solution would be to copy the "uboat parts" section of zones.cfg from the s-boot mod to replace the one in your RB's effects (that's the same as what I did for the GWX effects compatibility option).
I have experienced that when I tried to install RB/Asanovic7 mod over the Sboot1.0 without changing anything...I tried to fix that by using the Sboot zones.cfg after the installation of the SH4-sh3 mod...it worked for me:hmm:

Old 05-10-08, 01:53 PM   #90
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Ship without smoke

I found a "Artilleriefährpram" without any smoke:

Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote