SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-16, 09:33 AM   #46
Benti
Seaman

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Hi Max, thanks for your quick response, especially considering the circumstances,

I'll try it out and let you know if I can see the different skins
Thanks for your mod mate.
Old 05-27-16, 09:54 AM   #47
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
To Admins

I have tried to change the thread title to [REL] Razzle Dazzle, but I cannot seem to get it to change
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Does an admin have to change the title for me?
EDIT
Never mind, ignore this
I have just realised I need to PM an admin to do this for me!

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 09:55 AM   #48
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Max, let me do a sales job on you. My big campaign lately has been Universal Plugin Mods: one version of a mod that works for ALL game configurations. In your case, it would be easy. Just include ships that belong to all the mods. If one of the ships is not called by the game engine, that won't crash the system.

Then you are left maintaining one mod, not three or four. And there is one download for everybody. And you'll join the family of Universal Plugin Mods.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 11:58 AM   #49
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Download complete, but I have to wait until this evening before I get time to play... I do like the name you decided on.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 04:28 PM   #50
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Max, let me do a sales job on you. My big campaign lately has been Universal Plugin Mods: one version of a mod that works for ALL game configurations. In your case, it would be easy. Just include ships that belong to all the mods. If one of the ships is not called by the game engine, that won't crash the system.

Then you are left maintaining one mod, not three or four. And there is one download for everybody. And you'll join the family of Universal Plugin Mods.
By all means - if you can figure a way of making that work I am all ears

However - the problem as I see it is as follows

In the TMO version of Razzle Dazzle, I will have two cfgs in the Jap roster folder that are not in GFO, RFB, Stock etc

They are
KMSSHogIslandJPN
KMSSRyuun

They are versions of stock ships (Hogisland and Warmelody) that Ducimus cloned for the Jap roster
The cloned versions of these are not stock ships.

I have only a basic understanding of how the game works, but I think if the game tries to spawn either of these ships in a non TMO install it will crash, because it will not have the corresponding files in the Sea folder to reference?

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 05-27-16, 04:55 PM   #51
max-peck
Grey Wolf

PS
just got back from my patrol in the Celebes, and got given a shiny new Salmon Class (was in a porpoise before)

Plus I have one of them new fangled surface search radars fitted. And we have just gone past June 42 so I should start to see grey dazzle cammos on ships.
Oh happy day��

FOTRS Ultimate

Last edited by max-peck; 05-27-16 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-28-16, 09:42 AM   #52
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

propbeanie!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 04:03 PM   #53
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Excellent work Max! Started a new patrol in late 44', first contact was a small Tanker sporting her new green dazzle paint job! Cheers my Friend!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 03:28 PM   #54
Benti
Seaman

Downloads: 155

works and looks like a charm.
Last mission I was able to intercept a maru freighter just off Japans east coast. I'm currently running Bleientes Modsoup, cloudless night, bright moon so I had a perfect way of looking at the beauty before i shot a spread of torpedos. But unfortunately for me I'm a bit rusty so no nice explosions.

Thanks max, this mod is great eye candy
Old 06-05-16, 05:31 PM   #55
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290

What is the AWESOME water mod you are using in your screenshots?

Jack

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 10:12 AM   #56
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
What is the AWESOME water mod you are using in your screenshots?

Jack
He's using TMO 2.5 which gives the blue water. I used GFO, which gives stock green/gray water.

@max-peck If your mod contains ships the player's version of the game doesn't use, it makes no difference. The game only crashes if it looks for a ship type that has no data files. You would have TOO MANY, and the game would just not grab all of them.

Even in the stock game it only grabs what it needs to render what you see and leaves the rest alone.
Old 06-08-16, 01:31 PM   #57
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290

Excellent, thank you

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 02:13 PM   #58
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Excellent, thank you
As a snarky aside, TMO water has been ridiculed for ages with people beside themselves on how "bad" it is.

Here's a real sailor and he thinks it's awesome. I agree with him. TMO needs no apology!
Old 06-09-16, 11:52 AM   #59
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208

Default I concur with "snarky aside"!

I sailed the Pacific for 20 years in surface ships and submarines...NorPac, MidPac, Westpac, SoPac, SoWesPac, SChina Sea, EChina Sea, Sea of Japan, Arafura Sea, Banda Sea, Bering Sea, Bismarck Sea, Celebes Sea, Coral Sea, Java Sea, Philippine Sea, Sulu Sea, and Tasman Sea. All different, but sometimes also the same; it depends on many factors, even the observer's height of eye and the height/angle of the sun or moon. I've seen an almost complete change of appearance by just walking down from the Bridge to the lowest Weather Deck of a DE or from the Flag Bridge to the Hanger Deck of a CVN.

But, the environment Mod in TMO does a pretty good job of creating a close-to-perfect presentation of the typical (or "average") appearance of most of the broader/open Pacific Ocean areas (especially the Mid and South Pacific). That's not to say that any of the other environment Mods aren't good, I've tried them all and they all make good representations of one or more of the Seas that I've been to, mentioned above. Even the stock game is a good representation of a couple of those "turquoise" Seas.

I doubt that anyone could create an affordable representation that would emulate the appearance of the ocean/seas in every area and under all different weather conditions and times of day. Just crossing from the open sea through the reef and into the lagoon at Midway or Seeadler Harbor at Manus produces a rapidly changing view of the sea's color.

BTW...back on topic...a big "thank you" to max-peck for this great Mod. It puts a lot more "real life" into the simulation for the later war years.

Anyway, just my 2-cents worth.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 04:42 PM   #60
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

max-peck

In case you missed it, the new ship models I created for the ill-fated JMM are still up for grabs at my media fire account. Maybe you can get them into the game

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9mt...x9l/SH4_Models